I told you so! - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: I told you so!

Management has worked up these figures, just ask and I amsure they will supply them to you.

Re: Negotiate, explore options, give and take.

[quote=New Strategy]
    Quote Originally Posted by "You said what?":26hch85c
    Movers and shakers at FWCPBA"? what the sam helk is the FWCPBA? Do you know Who the movers and shakers are at the WCFPBA?
    You make too much of having transposed a couple of letters in an abbreviation! :roll:

The fact remains that TPD officers resent the fact that the key union leaders are associated with TPD and they don't want these leaders to press for more pay for us because they don't want us to catch up with them with regard to pay. If you had been reading the TPD board over the past year you would know that.

Yes, I'm unimpressed with the negotiation skills of the union representatives. They seem to be incapable of making any progress on any issue. They seem to be outmaneuvered in negotiations and in getting the support of the media.

And oh yes, I do know who Kevin "Make me king of the union for Life" Durkin is. Thank goodness TPD threw a monkey wrench into his plan.

I find it strange that you are so vehement in your attack on me personally when my posts have contained positive suggestions on developing a winning strategy. Certainly the current strategy hasn't worked.

:wink:[/quote:26hch85c]

It is not an abbreviation it is an acronym. I have not attacked you, I would like for you to take notice that you come on here and make statements and say things that you know nothing about. The fact that you do not know the correct acronym for the union that represents you is bothersome to me.

You complain about the skills of the PBA team, but make no effort to come and see for yourself what has taken place is also bothersome to me.

You speak bad of Kevin Durkin, do you know Kevin? Under Kevin TPD got some of the best increases in TPD history. But you speak bad of him? Why?

The HCSO PBA chapters conduct their own business with out concern from TPD. The TPD PBA chapter rep's. have helped the HCSO a great deal, they have not hurt or hindered the HCSO.

Quote Originally Posted by You said what?
    You speak bad of Kevin Durkin, do you know Kevin? Under Kevin TPD got some of the best increases in TPD history. But you speak bad of him? Why?

The HCSO PBA chapters conduct their own business with out concern from TPD. The TPD PBA chapter rep's. have helped the HCSO a great deal, they have not hurt or hindered the HCSO.

Either you are very naive and/or you have never read the TPD board on these two issues.

Suggestion: Go to the TPD board and click on "search." Type in Durkin and go to about page 3 and read about the cushy job he tried to engineer for himself at PBA members expense.

Somewhere in the TPD pages you will also find a long string of TPD complaints about HCSO and wanting to get them away from having any influence with the PBA.

Inform yourself.

[quote=Read the history.]
    Quote Originally Posted by "You said what?":162b9lt5

Either you are very naive and/or you have never read the TPD board on these two issues.

Suggestion: Go to the TPD board and click on "search." Type in Durkin and go to about page 3 and read about the cushy job he tried to engineer for himself at PBA members expense.

Somewhere in the TPD pages you will also find a long string of TPD complaints about HCSO and wanting to get them away from having any influence with the PBA.

Inform yourself.[/quote:162b9lt5]

I do not need to read the TPD boards. I ask again do you know Kevin? I do not need to read some crap from some faceless cowards, I know Kevin and I know what he stands for, and I know how he helped the PBA and the HCSO PBA. I also know about the job you speak of, the difference between you and me? I KNOW about the job. I do ot care about some complaints from cowards.

Quote Originally Posted by You said what?
    I do not need to read the TPD boards. I ask again do you know Kevin? I do not need to read some crap from some faceless cowards, I know Kevin and I know what he stands for, and I know how he helped the PBA and the HCSO PBA. I also know about the job you speak of, the difference between you and me? I KNOW about the job. I do ot care about some complaints from cowards.
    Actually, they are not faceless cowards. They are signed posts using their real names.

They are also the people who were elected to replace Kevin and his minions when Kevin's power play was exposed.

From a post-election message:

"The election results are in. We have taken back out PBA. Chip DeBlock is Secretary-Elect, Jimmy Meier is Second Vice President – Elect, Pat Lynch is Senior Vice President – Elect and I, Greg Stout am now the President – Elect of our chapter. As a group I know that we are all honored and humbled by your faith in us and we will do our best not to let you down."

Durkin and his supporters were repudiated by the TPD PBA. Why? Because of the job that you say you KNOW about.

The reasons are on the TPD board in the areas I referenced.

[quote=Read the history.]
    Quote Originally Posted by "You said what?":1nz7lh56
    Actually, they are not faceless cowards. They are signed posts using their real names.

They are also the people who were elected to replace Kevin and his minions when Kevin's power play was exposed.

"The election results are in. We have taken back out PBA. Chip DeBlock is Secretary-Elect, Jimmy Meier is Second Vice President – Elect, Pat Lynch is Senior Vice President – Elect and I, Greg Stout am now the President – Elect of our chapter. As a group I know that we are all honored and humbled by your faith in us and we will do our best not to let you down."

Durkin and his supporters were repudiated by the TPD PBA. Why? Because of the job that you say you KNOW about.

The reasons are on the TPD board in the areas I referenced.[/quote:1nz7lh56]

How many time do I need to ask the same question before you answer? Do you know Kevin? You speak about people you do not know, who post under a name that may not be theirs on a web site. You do not know any of this history, you know only what you read true or not true.

[quote=You said what?][quote="Read the history.":33p2csq5]
    Quote Originally Posted by "You said what?":33p2csq5

The reasons are on the TPD board in the areas I referenced.[/quote:33p2csq5]

How many time do I need to ask the same question before you answer? Do you know Kevin? You speak about people you do not know, who post under a name that may not be theirs on a web site. You do not know any of this history, you know only what you read true or not true.[/quote:33p2csq5]

You are suggesting that the postings on this board by Chip DeBlock, who owns the board, are NOT really being written by Chip? Or that Chip is allowing someone other than Greg Stout, his political ally, post on the board using Greg's name?

What arrant nonsense!

I need not be acquainted with Durkin to trust DeBlock, who I know quite well.

However, the facts regarding Durkin's power grab for a cushy (previously non-existent) job within the PBA power structure does not rely upon knowing him, Stout, DeBlock or anyone else. The facts are out there.

Who knows whom is irrelevant to the entire discussion.

The thread was really about suggesting new negotiation strategies. You changed it to a pean of praise for Durkin - for what reason I don't know.

All constructive suggestions seem to be met by resentment and resistance by hard-core unionists who won't consider alternatives about how to be successful in negotiating. Try to understand that suggestions are not necessarily criticisms, and don't take it all so personally.
    :wink:

[quote=Read the History][quote="You said what?":2fjf9y89][quote="Read the history.":2fjf9y89]
    Quote Originally Posted by "You said what?":2fjf9y89

The reasons are on the TPD board in the areas I referenced.[/quote:2fjf9y89]

How many time do I need to ask the same question before you answer? Do you know Kevin? You speak about people you do not know, who post under a name that may not be theirs on a web site. You do not know any of this history, you know only what you read true or not true.[/quote:2fjf9y89]

You are suggesting that the postings on this board by Chip DeBlock, who owns the board, are NOT really being written by Chip? Or that Chip is allowing someone other than Greg Stout, his political ally, post on the board using Greg's name?

What arrant nonsense!

I need not be acquainted with Durkin to trust DeBlock, who I know quite well.

However, the facts regarding Durkin's power grab for a cushy (previously non-existent) job within the PBA power structure does not rely upon knowing him, Stout, DeBlock or anyone else. The facts are out there.

Who knows whom is irrelevant to the entire discussion.

The thread was really about suggesting new negotiation strategies. You changed it to a pean of praise for Durkin - for what reason I don't know.

All constructive suggestions seem to be met by resentment and resistance by hard-core unionists who won't consider alternatives about how to be successful in negotiating. Try to understand that suggestions are not necessarily criticisms, and don't take it all so personally.
    :wink:[/quote:2fjf9y89]

I am not suggesting any thing, I also know Chip, not well but he seems to be an upstanding cop.

I do know Kevin well, and I think he is the same. The job that you speak of was a new idea, other Charters have a full time director. Had Kevin got this job he would have retired from TPD and given up a lot of money that he could have made in the drop. He may have been the right guy for the job, a job that should be filled. I think Kevin had his heart in the right place. I also think that Kevin could and should have gone about this idea in a differant way, this is all water under the bridge. I stick up for my friends and I also stick up for what I think is right.

I have not taken this personal. I have been irritated by the fact that you and others have bad mouthed the way things were done with out any personal first hand knowledge of what took place inside the conference rooms. Without knowing the tone and the atmosphere that was in place, how you or anyone else who was not there pass judgement is beyond me. This is arm chair monday morning quarterbackin at it's best.

I have no problem with the position. But why not open it up for all to apply, as you never know what you may find.

Re: thats true for everyone

Quote Originally Posted by ice cold
    yes any full time corperate employer pays those same benifits give or take.
    whats the point
    Well, no..........

There are lots of employers who DO NOT OFFER
    • A retirement program
      Health insurance
      Life Insurance
      Short Term Disability
      Long Term Disability

The only payments required by law are Social Security and (in most, but not all cases) Workers' Compensation.

THE POINT OF THE MESSAGE, which seems to have escaped you was that the quoted previous post ASKED A QUESTION about the value of the BENEFITS that are provided to our employees. The list was a list of some of those benefits and it was suggested that management should tell us what the VALUE of that benefits package comes to.

Do you get the point now? I don't think it can be stated more plainly.

It was a RESPONSE to a QUESTION!

Get it?

:roll:

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast