Pictures of MDPD's New Overheads
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Pictures of MDPD's New Overheads

A few of the board members requested pics of the new overheads, so thought I'd go through the trouble of providing some for your viewing pleasure. ENJOY!!!

Good work Good Ole Boy

No problem!

Nice, but are they going to fit the new police package Kias

Excellent work, thank you.

Like Red Bull - It gives you wings!!!

Quote Originally Posted by County Mounty
    Nice, but are they going to fit the new police package Kias
    They will hang over about 2 feet on each side of the Kia, which has reportedly caused the vehicle to take flight! Haha

I have been seeing marked slick top Chevy Imapala's lately. Why don't they have lights on top?

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    I have been seeing marked slick top Chevy Imapala's lately. Why don't they have lights on top?
    ...so the county can save money. From what I've noticed, the Impalas are given to officers who aren't on active road patrol(Ex: Sergeants, officers in specialized units, etc). So, instead of the department purchasing expensive overheads for vehicles that will hardly be used to respond to 3's, it opted to save money by purchasing gas-conserving Impalas with a cheaper light-strobe package for the vehicles. Therefore, the money saved on those overheads can be used towards purchasing new CV's and have more lights added to them. Hope this helps!

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Dingaling
    ...so the county can save money. From what I've noticed, the Impalas are given to officers who aren't on active road patrol(Ex: Sergeants, officers in specialized units, etc). So, instead of the department purchasing expensive overheads for vehicles that will hardly be used to respond to 3's, it opted to save money by purchasing gas-conserving Impalas with a cheaper light-strobe package for the vehicles. Therefore, the money saved on those overheads can be used towards purchasing new CV's and have more lights added to them. Hope this helps!
    Sounds ilke you wrote what you believe is their reason for the slick tops. Does anyone know the real reason?

That is!!

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Dingaling
    Sounds ilke you wrote what you believe is their reason for the slick tops. Does anyone know the real reason?

Actually, that is the reason.... it was talked about 2 to 3 Years ago...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast