PBSO SWAT School - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by jbk6055
    4. The school was FREE

I hope this sheds some light on your concerns. Take Care & Be Safe
    -JBK (SWAT 5)
    Poor training is never "FREE". It can be the most expensive training you'll ever have!

Quote Originally Posted by jbk6055
    I understand your concern and would feel the same way if it were true, but let me throw some TRUTH on the matter:

1. We have many certified instructors and the ones teaching the school have many many years experience as SWAT Instructors

2. They also have the Instructor Techniques CMS certification.

3. They are also CMS Firearms Instructors.

4. The school was FREE

5. We carry H&K UMPs and not AR-15s. SWAT has never given a class on AR-15s. That may have been under the Training Unit.
    Our Snipers do carry M-4s but have never given a school training class.

6. The guys you sent to our school did a great job and I hope that more of you get to join us in future SWAT schools.

7. Some of our guys are short

I hope this sheds some light on your concerns. Take Care & Be Safe
    -JBK (SWAT 5)
    If your instructors are so qualified then why has SWAT canceled their training do to lack of firearms instructors?

Whoever took that class may as well wipe themselves with the certificate. It's not worth the paper it's written on. Their instructors are not qualified to teach.

Thats kinda scary, and could be a LIABILITY all around.........

sounds like someone tried out for SWAT and didn't make it. Now they are SWAT haters. PBSO SWAT does very well in the yearly SWAT round up. But I guess your right, they don't know what they are talking about. I bet NYPD is the BEST.

Waste of money

I have quietly watch the school police swat team. They are a credit to the school police department. I can say they look good in the fancy uniforms, with the rifles and shotguns they carry and let us not forget the pretty police cars they all get to drive home. They practice their trade every week and they get a really nice bonus. We should all be so proud. My guess is that is why we are not getting a raise. We have wasted a large amount of money training and equiping a unit that will never be allowed to practice their trade. If (higher being forbid) something does occur the PBSO swat will be on-scene and in command before school swat even gets dispatched. Maybe if we applied some of the money that bought them cars, guns, ammunition, uniforms, supplimental pay and overtime the school district could afford to pay us officers that do the real work everyday something more than 2%. I know at my old department we were real swat. We lived and breathed it, this team could not hold our jock straps. Maybe the school district does not have any more money and can't pay us a salary that someone without a pention could live on. So maybe they should reallocate money they already have instead of wasting it on a unit that will by GO never be allowed to be deployed.

who's side are you on

I just read your post are you for the SWAT team or not. They did work the Muck Bowl walking money to the school from the gate.

SWAT SRO's have cars???

When did School Police Swat members get vehicles? I missed that. I know they get a pay incentive, but just because you are on the team doesnt get you a car, unless you are a supervisor.

They all have cars.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    sounds like someone tried out for SWAT and didn't make it. Now they are SWAT haters. PBSO SWAT does very well in the yearly SWAT round up. But I guess your right, they don't know what they are talking about. I bet NYPD is the BEST.
    How well someone does on an obstacle course does NOT mean they know crap about SWAT.

Re: Waste of money

Quote Originally Posted by REALSWATCOP
    I have quietly watch the school police swat team. They are a credit to the school police department. I can say they look good in the fancy uniforms, with the rifles and shotguns they carry and let us not forget the pretty police cars they all get to drive home. They practice their trade every week and they get a really nice bonus. We should all be so proud. My guess is that is why we are not getting a raise. We have wasted a large amount of money training and equiping a unit that will never be allowed to practice their trade. If (higher being forbid) something does occur the PBSO swat will be on-scene and in command before school swat even gets dispatched. Maybe if we applied some of the money that bought them cars, guns, ammunition, uniforms, supplimental pay and overtime the school district could afford to pay us officers that do the real work everyday something more than 2%. I know at my old department we were real swat. We lived and breathed it, this team could not hold our jock straps. Maybe the school district does not have any more money and can't pay us a salary that someone without a pention could live on. So maybe they should reallocate money they already have instead of wasting it on a unit that will by GO never be allowed to be deployed.
    Sour Grapes. Buddy, School Board NEVER paid well. The money spent on their equipment had nothing to do with your crappy paycheck. That was the liberals in the School Board Admin. and the Lawyer you have for a Police Chief.

Oh, P.S. they didn't get cars issued to them.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast