Contract

Thread: Contract

Contract

Did you just turn down a contract offer of 5% for three years?

You misunderstood...that was a -5%.

Inflation in S. Florida is now 5.1% per year.

Officers working at FLPD have not had a valid raise in years!

Ever wonder why you never seem to have money in your bank account anymore, or have to work twice as money hours on details or OT to make ends meet, that is why.

For us to get a 5% raise that you would feel in your pocket, we would have to get a 10.1% per year. Although I feel the Union is doing a great job this contract year, they would have to bring home 30% or higher raise to financially help the members out, and I doubt the City will do that to offset inflation and the previous years they have screwed us.

So just remember that whatever the final contract turns out to be, do the 5.1% minusing to see what your really going to get.

A 7%, 7%, and 7% raise over 3 years would really be 1.9%, 1.9%, 1.9%, just enough for me to buy another box of cereal or two at publix occasionally.

Yeah, I'm going to stick around for that!

See you elseware in whatever happy place you find.

5%x3

So, is that yes you did turn down 5%?

no formal proposal has been announced to the membership yet. we have not turned down anything, nor have we voted or accepted anything because nothing has been proposed yet!

Re: 5%x3

Quote Originally Posted by guesting
    So, is that yes you did turn down 5%?
    they haven't officially offered anything because they don't have anyone at the negotiations that can "officially" make an offer.