Enough Is Enough - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: 007Bond

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    As a Marine I take offense to your stament that Bond must have been in my beloved Corps. Bond could not even lick the boot of a U.S. Marine. He probably made it as far as ROTC in high school, couldn't cut it in sports.
    Agreed

As a Marine I take offense to your stament that Bond must have been in my beloved Corps. Bond could not even lick the boot of a U.S. Marine. He probably made it as far as ROTC in high school, couldn't cut it in sports.
    Agreed
    ::

Agreed
    bYE bYE bOND! :evil:

HMMM

I used a big symbol...
    I must be a real bad arse now..
    I am only laughing because everyone knows who you are..
    Deputy Nut who threatens to kidnap people if they state their support for Sheriff Gee.

Re: hmm

Quote Originally Posted by 007bond
    Do I also think you are the kind of person that would play pratical jokes on me all the time?
    Yes. Yes I do.
    Payback is he## Toddy.
    Just remember that. Bond would send you out in the woods and spray some female deer hormones all over your car.
    You would have every buck on the east side trying to mount your hood.
    Play practical jokes on you? Not a chance. Cops intimidate me..

As for the female deer hormones, my FTO's (I had several...go figure) were old school east side guys. Needless to say I've been "sent out in the woods" before....fool me once, shame on you....fool me twice.....x54.

I think you give me too much credit. I don't have profiling skills, I'm just neutral enough to listen instead of doing a lot of talking.

I'm actually a very shallow person. I was about 80% into the hiring process with a nearby agency when I took a job in my current field. I'm good at what I do and 20 years later the pay has escalated over the years to the point that I'd have to start with HCSO as a Lieutenant to keep from losing my "current lifestyle" (also known as "butt"). It's embarrassing to me that I built my own trap out of greed and it prevents me from doing something I was born to do. I know, it's tough to have a pity party for someone who makes good money, but as Will Rogers once said "Money often costs too much."

I don't like to think about if I'd make a good Detective or a good Deputy. I think I know the answer to that and I don't like thinking about it. Instead, I like to donate my time and try to make life a little easier for the Deputies. That's why I'd rather be shot at than hear that I (or one of my Reserve buddies) are more of a burden than an asset.

But, we all have our issues and I'm not complaining. I just try and do what I can to help the men and women that are wise enough to recognize that life is more about money and possessions. I hold the entire department in high esteem and would run into a burning building for any of them.

And that's why I'm serious when I say "send me your garbage calls." It's therapeutic for me.......

hmm

I can tell that you are a good person.
    Life is too short to fight all the time and hurt others.
    You never know when tomorrow could be your day.
    You are appreciated for volunteering your time.
    I have no doubts in my mind that you would be the kind of detective that would leave no stone unturned.
    Its a shame that your talents can't be used full time.
    I mean really. You are nice to people.
    Like I said, the world needs more people like you.

mod 184
    LEO Affairs Lieutenant

Posted: 12/04/07 21:41:56 Post subject: Staying on point

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This forum is for discussion about law enforcement and all the facets therein. Whether someone is pro or anti anything is their right and as long as it is properly stated, it will be left here for discussion. However, it is greatly appreciated, and expected, that when a post is made, all subsequent replies will basically remain on that point. While it is understandable that sometimes people go off on a tangent, it is of no benefit to turn a discussion into an argument, merely for the sake of the argument. Especially if the argument has nothing whatsoever to do with the original thread. Therefore, please be advised that if someone abuses this board by constantly being disruptive as outlined above, we will review their postings and act accordingly. Thanks and stay safe.

Nostalgic

Remember when LEOAffairs used to be fun?

Quote Originally Posted by fltoddy View Post
    I have to say that Bond is annoying on occasion, but he is also pretty entertaining and insightful at times.

I like trying to figure people out. I'm not very good at it, but I also like singing and I'm not very good at that either but it doesn't stop me.

Here's my psych profile of Bond:

1) Above average intelligence - Look at his posts. Very few grammatical errors, good command of the language, usually pretty insightful.

2) Military veteran - He definitely portrays a strong sense of allegiance and brotherhood that I typically see in vets. Based on his style of posting, I'd go so far as to say USMC based on the "never leave a buddy behind" mentality and the callousness of some of his posts.

3) 10 or more years with HCSO - Let's face it, he / she knows a little dirt about a lot of people. He drops little hints and references to people that point towards scandals and "incidents" in the past 10-15 years.

4) Good sense of humor - He can be very witty at times, and he can be pretty juvenile (in a "I know you are but what am I" way) both of which shows that he is probably known as the "funny" guy / gal and usually the life of the party.

5) Mid-level supervisor - He/she kind of strikes me as either a Sgt. or a Lt. based on his style of speech and black / white attitude. He also seems to be the "street smart" versus the "silver spoon" type so I'd bet he/she started out as a Deputy and worked his way up through the ranks the hard way.

6) Works (or mostly worked) the east side - He kind of has a "country" demeanor about him, sort of "God, family, country" mentality. I would even guess he was born in the Plant City/Bartow/Lithia area and / or has been in Florida for most of his life.

7) Over 40 but under the age of 55 - He / she doesn't show any of the ALL CAPS posting, double posting, or other anomalies common with the old-timers. He / she also doesn't have the brashness / impetuousness of a young buck.

None of this is meant to be derogatory, just me goofing off. Personally, if he / she is all of the above I automatically like him / her.

So, what say you? 50 year old, above average intelligence, ex-USMC, born and raised in Plant City, 10 or more years at HCSO currently a Sgt. or Lt. on the east side, life of the party?
    I know this post is going to get thread crapped, but I’m feeling nostalgic and visiting the old days on this forum. AverageJoe, NitelyBlog, 007Bond, FLToddy, Carl Shawyver and I used to have some lively debates and witty conversations. It seemed more civil and informative and we could use a little more cowbell right now.

All of them have moved on now, so yeah.....I’m old.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Nostalgic View Post
    I know this post is going to get thread crapped, but I’m feeling nostalgic and visiting the old days on this forum. AverageJoe, NitelyBlog, 007Bond, FLToddy, Carl Shawyver and I used to have some lively debates and witty conversations. It seemed more civil and informative and we could use a little more cowbell right now.

All of them have moved on now, so yeah.....I’m old.
    Hey! I remember all them. In fact, what brought this site to light to just about everyone I knew back then was Gee’s BS lawsuit. It was like free advertisement. They caused more damage with the law suit because not many knew about this site before then. This site was not the only thing that was fun. This agency was. Under Henderson, even after about five years or so into Gee and Docobo’s term, as long as you were in a good district or division with a major with balls enough shield everyone from the executive staff BS coming down the pipe. The county was less developed, we had a real actual mid shift, being a deputy actually meant something, detectives actually did their jobs and did not expect patrol to do detective work, patrol was actually patrol, Tony rode a pony reports actually existed, stand alone CRA only reports on many calls like shoplifts, no alerts, no stupid “daily” emails, no 730 calls, DUI arrests were just a citation and CRA, being a seasoned experienced deputy or detective actually had valueI could go on and on. I know the brass always say, “We were short back when I started and we are short now”. No way! Its far worse now. Its never been this busy and we have never been this far behind the 8 ball while never being this unsupported. We may have a few more deputies now but the ratio of deputies to citizen population, calls for service, reports and investigations of far far far higher than back then. I seen more deputies resign in six months last year than my first 10 years here. This revolving door of supervisors makes working her so impersonal. The minute you even try to talk to a zone partner a stupid call goes out. Remember when we all knew each other? This agency is a lost cause. The final nail in the coffin are these body cams. So sad.

So when you ask us why we don’t just quit, it’s because we started during a better time and invested too much time into this career only to throw away a much earned retirement. Why not make the agency better? Deputies are already taking the quit route more than ever. Its not helping anything. Its as if they are doing everything they can to make us leave prematurely. In the end, to them, the loss of one experienced deputy to pay for 2 rookies is a better deal. I feel bad for these new guys. They have no idea their true purpose here and how expendable they are. All the liability is on them, yet get thrown away to save the agency. Terrible times man.

Unregistered
    Quote Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
    Hey! I remember all them. In fact, what brought this site to light to just about everyone I knew back then was Gee’s BS lawsuit. It was like free advertisement. They caused more damage with the law suit because not many knew about this site before then. This site was not the only thing that was fun. This agency was. Under Henderson, even after about five years or so into Gee and Docobo’s term, as long as you were in a good district or division with a major with balls enough shield everyone from the executive staff BS coming down the pipe. The county was less developed, we had a real actual mid shift, being a deputy actually meant something, detectives actually did their jobs and did not expect patrol to do detective work, patrol was actually patrol, Tony rode a pony reports actually existed, stand alone CRA only reports on many calls like shoplifts, no alerts, no stupid “daily” emails, no 730 calls, DUI arrests were just a citation and CRA, being a seasoned experienced deputy or detective actually had valueI could go on and on. I know the brass always say, “We were short back when I started and we are short now”. No way! Its far worse now. Its never been this busy and we have never been this far behind the 8 ball while never being this unsupported. We may have a few more deputies now but the ratio of deputies to citizen population, calls for service, reports and investigations of far far far higher than back then. I seen more deputies resign in six months last year than my first 10 years here. This revolving door of supervisors makes working her so impersonal. The minute you even try to talk to a zone partner a stupid call goes out. Remember when we all knew each other? This agency is a lost cause. The final nail in the coffin are these body cams. So sad.

So when you ask us why we don’t just quit, it’s because we started during a better time and invested too much time into this career only to throw away a much earned retirement. Why not make the agency better? Deputies are already taking the quit route more than ever. Its not helping anything. Its as if they are doing everything they can to make us leave prematurely. In the end, to them, the loss of one experienced deputy to pay for 2 rookies is a better deal. I feel bad for these new guys. They have no idea their true purpose here and how expendable they are. All the liability is on them, yet get thrown away to save the agency. Terrible times man.
    The BWC are going to have us talking even less to each other than we do now. Just a head nod on calls. Don’t 56 anyone. We are all just bodies taking reports. Brass doesn’t care because much like every other negative thing at this office, it doesn’t apply to them.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast