Grimming for Sheriff!!! - Page 3
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Don't worry DJ- I understood it.

The point that he was proving, you obviously missed. He was not taking a shot, but rather proving his point with out having to s-p-e-l-l it out for the remedial types. :roll:

Re: Grimming for sheriff

Quote Originally Posted by deputy dog69
    First thing, the suspicious portion of me thinks this post( especially the first part ) sounds a lot like a free political ad for Mr. Grimming. Gee you don't think he ( or his friends ) would try and influence anyone by using this message board? Second, Sgt. Black you have been around here long enough to know where the current sheriff has served in the agency or not. Shouldn't you try and establish a "retired" Sebring Police Department post, so you can slam your own.
    Well, its not a free add, Mr. suspicious. I posted it because of all of the questions that people were posting in other threads. I searched and copied it and pasted it right out of the FHP website.
    I see your other post in another thread that says that Sheriff Benton will be the sheriff as long as she decides to be.
    Sometimes people don't agree with the way someone is, but since it doesn't effect them, they don't care. I think that you see what is going on, but it doesn't effect you so you don't care. You just glide right through, do you 8 or 12 hours and go home, nothing more. That is ok, the department will keep people like this for the numbers and you have a role here as backup.

Grimming for sheriff

Wow, that some explaination "Guest, I did not say it was anything inappropriate only that the post looked suspicious. If you want to support Grimming go ahead. I have been around long enough to roll with the changes and I can adjust. "If" you work for HCSO and you think it's so bad move on. I don't agree with everything that happens at HCSO and I am affected by the same things you are, however I have been around long enough to know there is no perefect agency or leader of one. If Grimming wins the election I hope you are happy with the bad that comes with it, along with what good you think he will bring. Oh by the way I am a 12 hour shift road deputy and you can kiss my back-up ***.

First thing, the suspicious portion of me thinks this post( especially the first part ) sounds a lot like a free political ad for Mr. Grimming. Gee you don't think he ( or his friends ) would try and influence anyone by using this message board? Second, Sgt. Black you have been around here long enough to know where the current sheriff has served in the agency or not. Shouldn't you try and establish a "retired" Sebring Police Department post, so you can slam your own.
    well deputy dog69, one thing is correct in your statement, i have been around long enough to know where sheriff BENTON STARTED , I was at the sheriff's department when she started, and to correct you I wasn't slammin anyone in your department, ut I could but I am also above those tactics. I will slam you in your face not on this board, and as you know from one of the previuos post i'm not afraid to let you know my name,real name that is not some screen name to hide behind.

I know Sheriff Benton has done some great things for you guys at the sheriff's department, but for someone to mention her running opponent not having road experience, they must not know much about her road experince that's the point i was making. And like I SAID BEFORE I DON'T HAVE A DOG IN YOUR DEPARTMENT'S FIGHT, BUT I DO HAVE AN OPINION AND I WILL VOICE IT TO YOU FACE TO FACE OR IF YOU'RE AFRAID I'LL DO IT ON HERE SO NO ONE KNOWS WHO YOU ARE.

And by the way I DON'Ts need to slam anyone at the Sebring P.D. THE LORD ABOVE WILL SLAM THEM.

OK's post

I was merely commenting on your post because you made the quote, he never worked on the road so how does he know what they need. Are the tools I mentioned not the tools of the trade? I never said it was easy to be a road patrolman. I think its one, if not the, hardest, thankless, job at the Sheriff's Office. The job of "Office of the Sheriff" can go to a civilian if elected with no law enforcement experience.

If you read on, you'll find Ron Grimming was ...

Deputy Director, Illinois State Police, Division of State Troopers, Springfield, Illinois

Direct the Illinois State Police patrol function consisting of approximately 1500 sworn officers and 450 civilian support personnel assigned to the Field Operations and Staff Services Commands with an annual budget of 110 million dollars. Oversee the activities of these Commands responsible for providing primary and secondary response through patrol, preliminary investigative services, tactical response teams, highway drug interdiction programs, vehicle anti-theft programs, traffic control/enforcement, traffic accident investigations, second division vehicle enforcement, an advanced telecommunications network and public safety/awareness programs.

Mr. Grimming also was the Deputy Director for the Illinois State Police Academy, so to say he doesn't know what a road patrol officer needs is proposterous.

Their was no comparison made in my post between the road and DARE. It was merely an analogy to show you don't have to have worked there to understand the job. Just because Mr. Grimming has not worked in a particular assignment does not mean he can't lead there. I don't believe Sheriff Benton has ever ran behind a bloodhound or deployed a Patrol dog. That does not mean she doesn't know how to lead them or know what they need. If she has, I apologize Dear Sheriff.

My post was generated merely to point out your post was not well thought out, not factual, and untrue. And... I have not begun to attack you, oh, I am a great law enforcement officer. You said so.
    [/img]

My post was generated merely to point out your post was not well thought out, not factual, and untrue. And... I have not begun to attack you, oh, I am a great law enforcement officer. You said so.
    [/img]
    First of all please point out the untruths in my post.

It is my opinion that a good law enforcement leader needs road experience. In my career I have seen several leaders and many of them with little to no experience, on the road, were bad leaders. No thought of the road and a poor outlook on what the road has to deal with. Does that mean Grimming is this way, NO. But it is something to take into account when thinking of voting.

If you would like to see an example just talk to some boys in blue and ask about their leader who has Dare experience and very little road experience. I bet thay dont give him a great review.

OK's post

I already pointed out the untruths about your post. I have no idea who your talking about "Boys in blue". Can you get over the DARE thing? It is just an example just as K-9 was. It has no relevence other than to contradict your statement. You obviously cannot comprehend this. NOW I have attacked you. He DOES HAVE ROAD EXPERIENCE, ITS IN MY POST WHICH WAS TAKEN FROM HIS WEBSITE. What part of this don't you understand? This is making my head hurt!

OK

The State Police Agencies up north do not only work traffic. They work crimes like we do. They are not the Florida Highway Patrol. Did you not get this?

Im sorry I see in your post were he worked as a director. No mention of road experience. I left an opinion like everyone else, So if you like him VOTE of him. I pointed out one FACT..Thank you for your concern for my opinion.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast