Grimming for Sheriff!!! - Page 2
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

I read Grimmings web site and I have noticed one thing that all in road patrol should look at, He never worked the road. His career started as an investigator. He has no experience on the road on so how does he know what they need?

OK's post

Just because he has never been on the road doesn't mean he doesn't know what a road patrolman needs. I've never been a DARE Officer so does that mean I don't know they need to attend DARE training or updates relating to their expertise? I would imagine a law enforcement professional with his vast past jobs and training knows what it means to be a road patrolman. Its not like its rocket science. Give them a car, a belt with the tools of the trade, a computer, a pen, applicable report forms, send them to the occassional school, and off you go. What else is there? If that is the only flaw you see in his resume then that's pretty impressive!

I agree with doodle bops. I would also like to point out, Like OK stated, that he started as an investigator. I believe that durring his investigations he would be able to see what helped the officers, and what would have helped the officers do their jobs better. An investigator has the time to anylize every aspect of the incident. This probably helped him realize what is needed by officers to do their jobs.
    It is not rocket sciencstry but it does take someone to pay attention. I think he probably pays very much attention. I also beleive this is a guy who listens to everyone, right down to the newest officer, for a good idea. And with his experience he would be able to either say, "GOOD IDEA" or, "That won't work because of this law or that law." Thats where the experience and knowledge would come into play.

Supervised ISP Uniform Division and Academy

Re-check his credentials, he was the Major in charge of the ISP uniform division. Full service police functions, not just crashes and utc's. I guess that would also encompass uniformed tactical patrol units that augmented Chicago P.D. and other urban areas.

OK's post

I guess "OK" is all out of excuses other than to just Vote for Grimming.

I think that everyone here is searching for the best person. I agree that there is no excuse not to vote for Grimming. This guy is the answer for Highlands county.

road exp

well if road experience is a qualification, did your current sheriff start out here as a road patrol officer?

Ron Grimming is a gift to Highlands County. This is where his in-laws live and he has visited this area for many years, and finally decided to move here permanently. Just contact him and set up a meeting to talk to him. You will be impressed, no doubt. He will be a GREAT Sheriff.

Grimming for sheriff

First thing, the suspicious portion of me thinks this post( especially the first part ) sounds a lot like a free political ad for Mr. Grimming. Gee you don't think he ( or his friends ) would try and influence anyone by using this message board? Second, Sgt. Black you have been around here long enough to know where the current sheriff has served in the agency or not. Shouldn't you try and establish a "retired" Sebring Police Department post, so you can slam your own.

Just because he has never been on the road doesn't mean he doesn't know what a road patrolman needs. I've never been a DARE Officer so does that mean I don't know they need to attend DARE training or updates relating to their expertise? I would imagine a law enforcement professional with his vast past jobs and training knows what it means to be a road patrolman. Its not like its rocket science. Give them a car, a belt with the tools of the trade, a computer, a pen, applicable report forms, send them to the occassional school, and off you go. What else is there? If that is the only flaw you see in his resume then that's pretty impressive
    Wow you must be a great law enforcement officer if you think road patrol is that easy. I believe road patrol given a law enforcement office a great base to build from. I to compare working in Dare to working on road patrol is not apples and oranges. Look at a total picture and given an opinion dont attack. I have heard many people complain about new deputies getting different spots in this agency who have experience in other departments. So this is the reason I placed my post. But to say you dont need to start on the road, please. You can learn al lot from a book but theres no experience like the road.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast