AVL's & 60 mph
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: AVL's & 60 mph

AVL's & 60 mph

The word is that they are flagging all cars that hit 60 MPH on city streets.

Word is their doing it ON SHIFT also...not just on your way home. Also, word that there's a bunch of the 80MPH violations coming down the pipes. I can only hope this a disgusting rumor....but history proceeds itself, so I wouldn't doubt it.
    It'll be kind of funny though when 90% of people on the road (b/c, you know supervisor cars conveniently don't have AVL's) are written up....what's really the point?

Re: AVL's & 60 mph

Quote Originally Posted by huh
    The word is that they are flagging all cars that hit 60 MPH on city streets.
    Yeah, I guess the brass wanted to see who's AVL's were working.

Quote Originally Posted by Copper
    Word is their doing it ON SHIFT also...not just on your way home. Also, word that there's a bunch of the 80MPH violations coming down the pipes. I can only hope this a disgusting rumor....but history proceeds itself, so I wouldn't doubt it.
    It'll be kind of funny though when 90% of people on the road (b/c, you know supervisor cars conveniently don't have AVL's) are written up....what's really the point?
    Sergeant cars have AVL's to. Just captains and above don't have them.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Quote Originally Posted by Copper
    Sergeant cars have AVL's to. Just captains and above don't have them.
    Yeah we have had several sergeants given counseling slips over the avl's.

Yeah, I know. Worded that wrong...I meant the unmarked supervisors' cars.

I know a really 10-8 Ofc. who just got verbally repremanded for doing 60 MPH on duty, in the city. Yes, it's all true

I heard it's 60 on roads besides 595/95/Tpk. The highways are limited to 80MPH....

I Gretass wanted to have an active IA Dept.....

And the chief is still dumbfounded as to why people are leaving for other agencies.

When are they going to start injecting locator beacon chips into our skulls? I hear shock collars are on back order. I also think that the city is considering a holster that has an audible alarm that sounds at 150 db's and states: ATTENTION CITIZENS!!! A FORT LAUDERDALE OFFICER HAS REMOVED THEIR FIREARM FROM THE HOLSTER!!!! ATTENTION ATTENTION!!!!

You know if they are afraid of us speeding they could replace our cars with scooters like Abear's. Oh, how about segways?

Every time I consider staying here, they give me one more reason to walk out the door.

I checked w/a few of my sergeant and captain friends and there has been no instructions to them about any 60 MPH limit. Perhaps somebody just got caught doing something they shouldn't have been?!?!?!?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast