Radio problems - Page 2
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Radio problems

I have to agree something has to be done about the radios before someone gets killed. Aparently it is no big deal to those in charge, because we have been talking about these radios for YEARS :?

So Very True :x Have actually heard supervisor say"use your cell phone".Last I heard we did not issue cell phones except to special units and I do not think we are compensated for use of phone for MSO business.Thats why when they ask I tell them it is at home,woops

Re: Radio problems

WOW look at this,been all been almost two years,rebanding,new tower,provoice and we still have crap for radio communications,bleed over from ecc,static,and dead zones and still no action and plenty of lame excuses.HANG ON IT IS BUT A MATTER OF TIME

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    WOW look at this,been all been almost two years,rebanding,new tower,provoice and we still have crap for radio communications,bleed over from ecc,static,and dead zones and still no action and plenty of lame excuses.HANG ON IT IS BUT A MATTER OF TIME

Everyone make sure that their spouses are aware of this NEVER addressed issue!!! As long as we do we will be able to take some heavy Monetary action against the County. We have been more than patient ( 5 years ) since the real problems started. Now that Hubbard has no one else to blame, as he has exhausted the "nextel is causing the problem" excuse maybe someone will get held accountable. God forbid something terrible occurs which we have had the odds on our side for a long time, we will have many brothers and sisters to back us up in litigation. Hopefully the County will be able to recover from a suit such as that when they are so blatently responsible for this crap!

I could not agree more with the two previous posters. radio system sucks.It has been this way for YEARS with nothing but lame excuses for the reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    I could not agree more with the two previous posters. radio system sucks.It has been this way for YEARS with nothing but lame excuses for the reason.

AMEN

This issue is one that concerns and the biggest problems in this county which is being treated with a bandaid instead of the corrective surgery that is desperately needed.Do not forget we are but one agency using this antiquated system do not forget the firefighters and paramedics.I saw an incident where a fireman was unable to make contact while he was on a hoseline with the engine supplying him water because of their location,scary stuff

I personally know of a deputy who documented his concerns about this radio system in a memo via his chain of command to the previous command staff. Needless to say he received no response and the system was never fixed.He has instructed his spouse to use it should he become a statistic

You need not worry. major sneering has one of his marine buddies here to fix the radios! You know how military people are the answer to everything.

LOL You got that right

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast