Letting the Cat Out of The Bag in the K-9 Unit - Page 2
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

LMAO! Hey, Lonewolf1 ... do tell us about Tom and the "Big O" at the old Holiday Inn! Gawd, I haven't heard the Big O mentioned in years!

There isn't another unit within the LPD that has generated an event that benifited the economic growth of the city like the K-9 unit recently did. There were well over 100 dogs from across the country at this event. Everyone one of them spend money in the city of Lakeland and participated in bringing police dogs once again into the public eye in a positive way.

The public donations amounted to thousands of dollars for LPD K-9 training and equipment. The K-9 guys did their jobs and held up their end of the bargain like real men. They all gave of their own time, expecting no money for their efforts. These guys wanted to earn money for their advanced training and to buy better equipment, so they sacrificed as a team to get the job done.

I wonder if those supervisory/management schools teach supervisors how to talk officers into working overtime without getting paid for it, yet still get yours? I wonder if they have any special techniques on how to sleep at night knowing that once your dirty little secrets are uncovered you've lost all the respect of your men?

Hey, Sgt. Cain, when you were an officer and you worked the 1997 National K-9 event there in Lakeland, did you put in for overtime then too. Of course you didn't, no of the guys did. You're a weak man, Cain, very weak.

If you believe for one second that Sgt. Caine isnt in it for himself then you are sadly mistaken. First of all he obvioulsy pulled a swerve in order to get a dog in the first place. Sgt's do not need dogs nor should they be working homicides or drug cases. The Sgt's should be supervising their officers and doing what they can to make their officers life at work as easy as possible by acting as a buffer for them. Sgt. Caine obviously didnt do this.

Second, if one of those officers who were putting in time on their own got hurt, who would pick up the bill? ill bet that the city would tell them that they are on their own because they were technically off duty. I guess were lucky that no one got hurt especially since these officer who work k-9's do get bit by the dogs occasionally.

I suppose the honorable thing to do is for Sgt. Caine to do is leave the unit but he doesnt have that kind of moral fiber. I couldnt look my officers in the eyes after i just screwed them over like that. I suppose someone could though. I guess we'll see if that someone "does the right thing".....

this situation is terrible. i hate hearing about hard working cops getting the shaft.

if the money has actually been transferred away from k9 and into the general fund,call the ledger. they love a scandal.

The Ledger? They are more worthless than the third floor.

The Ledger seems to LOVE PCSO; but it's pretty apparent that they loathe the PD. Think about the difference in the kind of press each agency receives. The Ledger loves to throw a negative spin on the PD. Call me cynical but I'm skeptical about ever seeing anything about this latest "scandal" in the local paper. :?

To guest tha posted at 13:27, I was going off this post:

"Captain Tom Day announced in an email to the k-9 unit that he was preparing to pull the unit's entire training budget and deny them any travel to K9 event sever again."

PLEASE KEEP YOUR AGENDA TO YOURSELF

is this being investigated?
    hope the k-9 officers get back pay for their efforts.

LPD

This is one shitbag agency, railroaded cops, incompetent bosses, lies in internal investigations, inteference in internal investigations, framing other cops.

[b]REMEMBER WHAT GOES AROUND COMES AROUND

...framing other cops? Is there something we should know?

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast