I saw the Sheriff last night - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

You will see the most important person that it should matter to when you look in the mirror. Work hard and hold your head high!

SGT Andy

I am so glad to hear news that Andy is still alive and able to function. I have known him and his family for many years and he is one of the most honorable people I know. I am so glad the sheriff came to honor him.

I think very highly of the sheriff and I think it would do so much for the moral of the patrol deputies if we saw him more often. Patrol is the backbone of this agency, and that should never be overshadowed by foo foo squads of the elite golden ones.

As a deputy who has worked here for a long time I can tell you that many of the "Atta boys" are political also. There was a deputy on my squad who brought someone back to life doing CPR and caught 2 burglaries in the process of a burglary, which cleared up numerous other burglaries. This all happeened the same week, a few years ago. This deputy got no "Life Saving Award", no comendation, NOTHING!

Pathethic

It's no wonder why we have so many good deputies every month retiring early

Re: SGT Andy

Quote Originally Posted by Girl Deputy
    I am so glad to hear news that Andy is still alive and able to function. I have known him and his family for many years and he is one of the most honorable people I know. I am so glad the sheriff came to honor him.

I think very highly of the sheriff and I think it would do so much for the moral of the patrol deputies if we saw him more often. Patrol is the backbone of this agency, and that should never be overshadowed by foo foo squads of the elite golden ones.
    Yeah, they don't make many like Andy anymore. He was in good spirits and had such a positive attitude. He is a warrior to the core, so cancer and a viral infection never had a chance with him.

The Sheriff did a class act job in honoring him in my opinion. The Reserves can be just as whiny and grouchy as the regulars, but seeing the Sheriff come to honor Andy and present him with both official recognition and a personal tribute puts things in perspective.

Like I said, I don't work for him as a full-time employee and I don't understand all the issues. But, in my book, he did good that night.

I think it's easier for me being a Reserve because my expectations are so low. If I go x8 for a shift and the car, computer, and radio all work then as Ron White would say "It's going to be a good night tater!"

Reserves

I always appreciate having reserves out there with us. They are a great help. There is one guy that is always coming out and spending his time and he is a real asset.

A further note on Andy, he always was a fine looking man. I know that does not begin to compare with his integrity and moral fortitude, but men seem to like being told they are good looking.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12