Y'all are a bunch of hypocrites
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Y'all are a bunch of hypocrites

That's right, this goes out to all those PBA supporters. Give it up and put up the white flag. Nothing is going to come out of the mediation because ultimately the Sheriff will have the final say so. I told all of you (Specificaly SERVING SINCE 1982) a couple of years ago how everything would play out and it is all coming true.

Now let's get on with the meat and potatos of the post. A while back before I went on vacation to Iraq, I was slammed on here for my disdain of the current administration in Washington. I bet most of the people who where slamming me where big time PBA supporters. Why? Because everyone knows the VAST majority of cops are Republican, American flag waving military supporters. There is nothing wrong with that. I do have a problem with people who are a bunch of fakes. REPUBLICANS DO NOT BELONG TO UNIONS! A prime example is what Regean did to the air traffic controlers. He busted that union folks and brought in military air traffic controlers until the FAA could hire civilian ones to man the the towers.

Folks our mission in law enforcement is no different than being in the military. It is just a different battle ground. We are public servants. I have not agreed with everything the Sheriff has done but that is not my place to judge. After 24 1/2 years (Regular Army and Guard) in the military and 12 years in law enforcement I have never seen a bunch of bigger cry babies. You people are driven by greed. What you are doing is tantamount to treason. Ponder this: What if the military had a union. "No general, where not going to execute this mission bacause in the contract ist says we can only work eight hours and we all know it might last twenty four hours".

We work for a man that was elected by the CITIZENS of Hillsborough County. I would like to know what gives the PBA the right to tell a man how to run his office? As far as the public smear campaign against the Sheriff, it is not going to work. Why? Because everyone knows most people in this county do not get out and vote. The only ones who do are the old farts in Sun City and the Sheriff is very popular with them right now.

Our agency is not perfect, but it still beats 90% of the places out there.

hmm

Have a good thanksgiving.
    Thanks for your service in Iraq.
    Its nap time!!

Re: Y'all are a bunch of hypocrites

Quote Originally Posted by Combat MP
    That's right, this goes out to all those PBA supporters. Give it up and put up the white flag. Nothing is going to come out of the mediation because ultimately the Sheriff will have the final say so. I told all of you (Specificaly SERVING SINCE 1982) a couple of years ago how everything would play out and it is all coming true.

Now let's get on with the meat and potatos of the post. A while back before I went on vacation to Iraq, I was slammed on here for my disdain of the current administration in Washington. I bet most of the people who where slamming me where big time PBA supporters. Why? Because everyone knows the VAST majority of cops are Republican, American flag waving military supporters. There is nothing wrong with that. I do have a problem with people who are a bunch of fakes. REPUBLICANS DO NOT BELONG TO UNIONS! A prime example is what Regean did to the air traffic controlers. He busted that union folks and brought in military air traffic controlers until the FAA could hire civilian ones to man the the towers.

Folks our mission in law enforcement is no different than being in the military. It is just a different battle ground. We are public servants. I have not agreed with everything the Sheriff has done but that is not my place to judge. After 24 1/2 years (Regular Army and Guard) in the military and 12 years in law enforcement I have never seen a bunch of bigger cry babies. You people are driven by greed. What you are doing is tantamount to treason. Ponder this: What if the military had a union. "No general, where not going to execute this mission bacause in the contract ist says we can only work eight hours and we all know it might last twenty four hours".

We work for a man that was elected by the CITIZENS of Hillsborough County. I would like to know what gives the PBA the right to tell a man how to run his office? As far as the public smear campaign against the Sheriff, it is not going to work. Why? Because everyone knows most people in this county do not get out and vote. The only ones who do are the old farts in Sun City and the Sheriff is very popular with them right now.

You make no sense and should stick to reading the Sunday cartoons. The majority of the Deputies support the Union and what they have done for this agency which is a lot. A step plan would have never happened here without the Union and I thank them for that. The Sheriff with whom I like, is a Political Figure Head just is the President of The United States is he not, but everyday our President takes a beating and its ok because that is our RIGHT to say what we wish. The office does not want the Union around for one reason and one reason only, so they can do absolutely what ever they want with us and no one to challenge them. The Union wants this to be a better place for ALLLLLLLLL of us to work at. The Florida Sheriff's Association is a Union is it not? Don’t you think all the Sheriff's have gotten together around the state in an attempt to get rid of the Union that has DONE NOTHING BUT HELP THE DEPUTIES. It is all about the POWER and the Sheriff does not want to sure it with anyone. The Deputies who support the Union want a say in what they get as far as benefits. We have worked short for years and it time that the PBA starts the fight to make things right weather you agree or not.

SOON, THOSE IN THE BARGAINING WILL BE GETTING THEIR BLUE CARDS IN THE MAIL, IF YOU WISH TO KEEP THE UNION IN PLACE, VOTE VOTE VOTE.

I challenge anyone that can openly say what is bad about the Deputies wanting to have a Union represent them.

Re: Y'all are a bunch of hypocrites

Quote Originally Posted by Combat MP

Welcome back, thank you for your service.

Now on to the meat and potatos of my post. You speak as though you have checked every PBA member's Voter cards.
    "What gives the PBA the right to tell the Sheriff how to run HIS office"? No one is trying to tell the Sheriff how to run OUR office. But the right to bargin and have a say so? That right, the PBA was voted in, a process just like the Predident and the Sheriff went through to get in.

You choose not to judge the Sheriff but you judge the Union that was voted in by your co workers. Therefore you judge your co workers.

You have ripped your co workers, insulted the Folks in SUN CITY, slammed the US goverment, good to have you back in town, good luck.

I would like to know what gives the PBA the right to tell a man how to run his office?
    First of all it is collective bargaining. If you don't understand it you need to. It has NOTHING to do with limiting the Sheriff's right to manage (run) the office.
    To answer your question, the SUPREME COURT OF FLORIDA gave us the RIGHT to collectively bargain! Maybe you were in Iraq since 2003 (thank you) and missed it. If you were unaware you can read the opinion here: http://www.floridasupremecourt.org/d.../sc00-1860.pdf
    I have not agreed with everything the Sheriff has done but that is not my place to judge.
    Maybe you live in Pasco but I live in Hillsborough. It IS my place to judge. He is elected by me! It is my duty to judge his performance and vote him out if I don't like it.

It is my duty as a law enforcement officer to uphold the constitution and laws of the State of Florida. That includes upholding the right of deputies to collectively bargain.

If you don't want to you have no place here. Sorry bub but they are not the same mission. This is a thinking mans game. We are for the most part autonomous units units that sometime work together. If a supervisor tells me to take a hill and I may be killed, I will tell him to pack sand. In the military you must do whatever a commander tells you. They expect a certain number of casualties;we do not. I could go on an on. I know someone will accuse me of being anti-military...don't go there.

What if the military had a union. "No general, where not going to execute this mission because in the contract ist says we can only work eight hours and we all know it might last twenty four hours".
    You know what? When you join the military you sign a contract agreeing to certain terms of service. We just want a contract too.

And as the poster above stated...the Sheriff is a union member also! The FSA is a union. A union is merely an association that works for the betterment of its members by form of self government. What is more American than that?

hmmm

Do you know why military people are so loyal to other military people?
    Because if a supervisor tells you to take that hill and you know you are going to die, you do it it anyway. There is no whining, no complaining.
    Everyone knows that you might not make it back.
    But we knew that when we took the job.
    You try and protect your babies as best as you can while following orders.
    You cant really compare the two.
    Veterans will always make sure their babies have jobs, and are taken care of for the rest of their lives.
    In a way, I guess you could say the PBA wants to do the same but the difference is that we would die to protect the President.
    No one is allowed to hurt the President.

Bond, as much as many would like to believe different, HCSO is not the military. Never was, never has been, and never will be.

The only thing we have in common with the military is that we wear a uniform and give our supervisors ranks for their position.

hmm

Joe, I think you have a communication disorder.
    Did you see me say that you can't really compare the two in my post?
    HCSO is a paramiltary organization though

No Bond, it is the freedom to post what i want as long as I stay within the rules set forth by LEOAFFAIRS........not you or any other person.

Did you ever think i was not responding to you per say as I did not quote you, but thought I would just make a comment.

If you had it your way you would want us to email you with each post so you could censor what was in in line with your thinking.

Hey 007 Bond I see you posted 13 messages on Thanksgiving. Looks like they were spread out all day. Guess no one wanted to share the holiday with you. Guess no one wants to be around you.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast