STRIKE TEAM
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: STRIKE TEAM

STRIKE TEAM

WHAT IS THIS ?

It's Vic Mackey and his band of open-container marauders that are putting fear in the eyes of Antoine Mitchell and the rest of the scumbags in Farmington. They've done an excellent job of eradicating beverage violations at the Four Corners.

Now THAT was funny!!!!

Now come on, when was the last time you guys ever heard someone on the strike team make a 56 arrest ? Sound like you're throwing salt on the game ? WHY IS THAT ?? is it stats maybe ? or is it the amount of arrest those guys average in a day.

Quote Originally Posted by sick n tried
    Now come on, when was the last time you guys ever heard someone on the strike team make a 56 arrest ? Sound like you're throwing salt on the game ? WHY IS THAT ?? is it stats maybe ? or is it the amount of arrest those guys average in a day.
    Maybe the 4 guys left answering calls don't have time to make arrests since they are doing their JOBS answering citizen calls for police assistance. Strike Team is just another BS smoke and mirrors game that sounds catchy but accoplishes absolutely nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Quote Originally Posted by sick n tried
    Maybe the 4 guys left answering calls don't have time to make arrests since they are doing their JOBS answering citizen calls for police assistance. Strike Team is just another BS smoke and mirrors game that sounds catchy but accoplishes absolutely nothing.
    I had no idea district 2 had so many bodies that they could bravo people up to go be proactive. Can they spare a couple of bodies for the shifts that are short? Oh, what's that? They're just as short? Sounds like a blue falcon deal to me.

I sure hope "scab n tired" will actually rork the wule if and when we do so. Remember: Stats might make you look good, but if everyone hates you for not being a team player, it's tough to get out of patrol.

The strike team is a ridiculous stat puking machine. They're on beer and pipe patrol. Obviously when you're strictly proactive and stopping EVERYONE you see you're eventually going to get something decent. But I don't know how many times I've had my radio on, coming in to mids and heard a call come out and dispatch ask for someone to clear for a 94. No one clears (b/c all the call mules are actually on something)...then finally a guy will clear and 3-4 minutes later you'll hear 16XX go 98 report on a 56. This isn't their fault, they're TOLD not to clear for ANYTHING, expect code 3 94's (I'd hope).
    Ok, yeah...they do "burglary stings" and get 21 guys.....do you need FOUR bravo units to run that? And the way I've heard some of them set up (new convertible, parked at 4 corners with a new Trek in the back and an iPod lying in the front seat) you're only going to catch the stupidest people that fall for it (that would get arrested for something else anyway). I feel bad for the guys that are stuck answering the calls.
    The scary thing is, that guys come off FTO in D2S3 and immediately get put on this team. Some of these, guys, although maybe they're good guys (I don't know any of them), haven't worked a normal work day since FTO. They are yet to listen to the radio, answer calls, set boxes and take paper, on anything other than a 57 (pipe), 27, 56, or 85.
    I guess if I just got off FTO I would think that the whole idea is badass, b/c you truly don't know any better....but when they move districts/shifts in Feb they're going to be rookie's off FTO all over again. And their co-workers aren't going to put up with them making dumb stops/arrests when they're 19 calls holding. Last time I checked this is why we have SPU, CPU..etc .etc .etc. What happened to the new guys getting stuck with the crappiest calls....I remember (not that it's been that long) taking a 21 and a 16 every day when I had the highest CCN. I'm a better officer because of it though.
    They don't realize it now, but they're being used as puppets and really hurting their progression as officers. Not to mention they've been Bravo'ed up 99% of the time...always having someone to help you.
    But once again, someone needs to make a name for themselves and if they can show XXX amounts of arrests and stats in their district they'll get all the credit....meanwhile the strike team sacrifices progression, thus ultimately hurting the department in the long run.
    Off my soap box.......now.....

OK we never ask to be on the Strike Team in the first place, it was force upon us by the higher ups, and all the D2 S3 guys know that. All the Officers that work in D2 S3 was told about this new change, and way of life when it first started a few months ago. We all know it started when we had a new change of "BOSSES" in the District.
    Now when we were told about this new method of handling calls no one piped up, and voiced there concern or dislikes about the whole STRIKE TEAM idea at the time. As a matter of fact everybody in our district at one time or another has been on the STRIKE TEAM. Now what they produce or do is on them.
    The steady guys you see bravo up all the time are the ones who "produce the amount of work that the BOSSES like to see in a day" hence the 99% of the time they're together. Now we as "NEW Officers" rookies or generation "Y" or whatever you wanna call us, understand this system is F*@ked up. I at least try to help out with the amount of calls we have everyday holding. (16XX to dispatch is there anything else WE can help you with). Alert tone 41/0 just occurred crickets crickets, 3B2XX show us in en route copy box, Oh 3A2XX and 3A2XX 51, what the 10-20 hold my numbers, on a 22 MI Besides we hear people all day milking calls, taking an hour and a half to clear out a 22, 13, MI, on a BS call to begin with thus make calls hold and stack calls , and basically shooting ourselves in the foot.
    Now if you have a issue with the Strike TEAM take it up to the higher ups, not the poor puppet of a rookie on the team. If I work with you come talk to me FACE 2FACE guy with the "HEAD" and if I don't work with you then shut ur mouth, and pull our reports in the past few months and see how many 56.27.85, 57(pipe) arrest we make. I'm off my soap box now. :x
    Oh one last thing there are some really good Officers who arok in D2 S3 who bust there ass everyday, day in and day out, and if we "WURK TO DA WULE" We'll work to the policy !

Chill out there little man. Nobody was directly bashing you for being assigned anything. The comments are about how stupid it is to do the "Strike Team" with its catchy name when we don't have enough officers to staff the district adequately. All of the fancy named little dog and pony shows should be saved for when the manpower issue has been resolved. I hope you don't take things that personally on the street or get that worked up when somebody challenges you or its going to be a long career.

wow, glad that wasn't me that said that or else I'd be getting blasted by now!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast