LETTERS TO THE PAPER THIS WEEK
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

How about the county manager?? He does nothing about it! Guess he's too busy hiring people that are not qualified for jobs! The "GOB's" hard at work!

Re: News 11-21-07

Quote Originally Posted by Newsman
    http://www.cherokeescout.com/articles/2007/11/20/news/doc47434c6bcb6f8238770345.txt
    Looks like RS jumps ship and sucks up to David. Hum, what is he up to, maybe looking for a dispatch job. His mother works for DSS already and hid brother is the IT manager for the county. Lets get more family into the game.

It seems more and more each day that this is going to become a battle between the outsiders and locals. With time the outsiders will have the vote and the money to influence good change. Till then, the GOB network rules!!

ED?

Quote Originally Posted by Newsman
    http://www.cherokeescout.com/articles/2007/11/20/news/doc47434c6bcb6f8238770345.txt

Something smells !
    David Badger's Quote,"I am not going to talk about it anymore" ops:
    I guess ,well maybe,do you think,can't be (can it?) someone has something to hide :?: :?:
    As for Mr. ****ey and the rest of the BOY'S,have fun . :wink: The party isn't going to last to much longer. :lol:

Letters to the Editor

Okay, I know I was supposed to read the letters about Andy Taylor on ego steriods and his #1 Barney but what I really think is the letter about a decent chain restaurant is more important.
    When will the self righteous bible thumpers let our county move into the current century? The economic impact of an Outback Steakhouse or Carrabba's, Red Lobster or Olive Garden would be tremendous for our community. We can not even think about it until provisions are made for alcohol to be served.
    Instead of sending everyone out of the county and encouraging drunk driving, it is time to bring some jobs and dining that we would all enjoy. I guarantee the parking lots would be full and you would be waiting for a table the day such a place would open.

Re: Letters to the Editor

Quote Originally Posted by Bladerunner1
    Okay, I know I was supposed to read the letters about Andy Taylor on ego steriods and his #1 Barney but what I really think is the letter about a decent chain restaurant is more important.
    When will the self righteous bible thumpers let our county move into the current century? The economic impact of an Outback Steakhouse or Carrabba's, Red Lobster or Olive Garden would be tremendous for our community. We can not even think about it until provisions are made for alcohol to be served.
    Instead of sending everyone out of the county and encouraging drunk driving, it is time to bring some jobs and dining that we would all enjoy. I guarantee the parking lots would be full and you would be waiting for a table the day such a place would open.
    Bladerunner1 forgets that we are a rural community and most folks move here because of the rural atmosphere. The crime rate is low, people are friendly and caring, no traffic jams, the quality of life is good, the seasons are great, and the scenery is beautiful, just to name a few of the things that attract folks to our area. If you want the hustle and bustle of city life then move back to Florida. You are grossly mis-informed to think liquor by the drink will bring in the chain restaurants. Red Lobster, for one, did a feasibility study on locating in Murphy a couple of years ago. They must have 1,000 customers a day, 365 days a year in order to locate in an area. Our population just does not support those requirements. Big name restaurants look at a number of factors and not just liquor by the drink when searching for new locations. Make a few phone calls to the chain restaurants corporate headquarters and find out their requirements. It will be an eye opener.

Re: Letters to the Editor

Quote Originally Posted by knowledgeable
    Quote Originally Posted by Bladerunner1
    Bladerunner1 forgets that we are a rural community and most folks move here because of the rural atmosphere. The crime rate is low, people are friendly and caring, no traffic jams, the quality of life is good, the seasons are great, and the scenery is beautiful, just to name a few of the things that attract folks to our area. If you want the hustle and bustle of city life then move back to Florida. You are grossly mis-informed to think liquor by the drink will bring in the chain restaurants. Red Lobster, for one, did a feasibility study on locating in Murphy a couple of years ago. They must have 1,000 customers a day, 365 days a year in order to locate in an area. Our population just does not support those requirements. Big name restaurants look at a number of factors and not just liquor by the drink when searching for new locations. Make a few phone calls to the chain restaurants corporate headquarters and find out their requirements. It will be an eye opener.

Not sure where you obtained your knowledge or information and how long you have lived in Murphy. For one thing, you must not like Floridians when you make such a statement, like, "go back to Florida", which is a typical local slur. Do you not like Floridians, for they do bring most if not all the money that comes to this town? Factually, there have been several large restaurants that were going to build here, but because of the alcohol and political climate they decided against it. You are very ill informed. What you have here is the last of the GOB's attempting to hang onto power. They know once this town grows like Franklin North Carolina, Macon County, they will lose control. As for friendly and caring people, not sure where you obtained those statistics. You must not get out much, or read your paper, or maybe you must be very new to the area, or possibly a GOB.

There are some Floridians here that are converts to the GOB's system. They have landed decent paying jobs in our local government and wish to hang on to them. Therefore they believe in this corrupt system of government, only because is suits their needs at the moment. There is alot more going on here than meets the eye, you must get out there and do your research.

I will agree with one thing, Wal-Mart in this small town has destroyed mom and pop businesses and we need an alternative competitor to Wal-Mart, like Target.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast