The problems
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The problems

The problems

The problems this department has starts at the very top

We'll start off with the coke head of the Chairman or should I call him "these are the things I have to look at." We dont care what you did in your prior jobs that you think you can apply to police work. We dont have templates that we can give every new officer so that he never needs a 15. Most of joined this profession because no two days are alike. I wonder if the tribe knows how you used this department as your private company making us sit and watch security tapes and documenting everyone that passed by your ex wifes house. Now all of a sudden you care about us patrolling the community when before when we had less officers you had us babysitting hours upon hours. At the last meeting you talked about recruiting people. Sorry to tell you but no one is applying because we have nothing to offer. You think 39k a year, 401 k and now overtime are going to cut it. Shoot these days Florida City has a better plan than we do. So dont worry you keep doing your coke and crashing head on into people and a few months from now when the community asks where is our police department you can answer im responsible for us not having one.

Second person would have to be the Commisioner who doesnt know anything about law enforcement. He thinks because he did 20 years as a glorified dispatcher that makes him a cop. My man doesnt even know the codes. The only thing he likes to do is go into the station, and listen to himself on the radio and start giving out orders that make no sense. Its either that or hitting on the dispatchers. I wonder what your wife would think about that. Im surprised no one has brought up a complaint against you, dont worry in time it will come. At the last meeting you talked about how we had luxuries that other departments didnt. No we dont. The cell phone you give us isnt a luxury its a necessity seeing as how our radios dont work inside of the Krome District. Also you wearing that uniform is an insult to every officer who busted his behind to graduate the academy when you've failed twice. How you expect to lead men when you havent been able to walk in there foot steps. You are not a leader. You wearing that uniform is worse than those tights shirts you wear. At least get a bra.
    You are supposed to be a liason between the tribe and the police department not a liason between the chairman and the police department. You should inform the tribe how they in all likelyhood have lost two members of there families because we sit on checkpoints. Or how they are getting robbed at night because everyone in Miami knows that Miccosukee officers sit on checkpoints from 6 pm to 7 am and are so short staffed you could rob someone and be on the turnpike before we get there. Its not us being slow on responding its because we dont have the man power. See Mr. Commisioner you arent a leader your just the chairmans boy. This will never change because at this point you make to much money to do the honorable thing and let someone do your job the way its supposed to be done. Then again look who im talking to about honor , the person who sets up his own people to looks bad. Your true colors showed at the last meeting putting supervisors on the spot about their loyalty to the deparment, well let me ask you this, where is the departments loyalty to us?

The third person has to be Lt. Hebson. As much as it seems you are trying most senior officers in this department have no respect for you. You were the chiefs boy and as much as you like to deny that we all know you getting that position was because of that friendship. There were other more qualified supervisors for that position. Lets not mention the fact that the position wasnt put out for other people show there interest because you and your boy had it worked out. Now that the chief is gone you act like you dont want all the work, that you prefer being on mid nights with your 33's. If you dont like all the work promote another Lt. willing to do the job and go up there and fight for us that way you can go back to mids.

Fourth and not least would have to be the sergeants. we have some pretty good sergeants. Even though most of them are company men but they dont really have a choice but to say yes sir or no sir. really they have families so you can't even blame them for sometimes asking us to do the most redundant things . Ive worked for all the sergeants we have now and there couldnt be a better group. So for this I tip my hat.

This is how I feel about our leaders. Im sorry if this has offended any of you but im sure alot of my fellow officers are thinking the same thing. I hope that things change drastically in the near future if not this department will remain on 12 hour shift for months to come.
    Thank you guys for your time. And please post more comment so maybe someone takes interest in our cost. I think even pity on us we'll do for now.

Wow! very well said. Come on guys make some comments this one really hit the nail on the head!

WOW CURRENT PO!!!!

You should get several pats on the back for that post. You hit the nail right on the head. Everyone talks of loyalty and more loyalty, but it is a two streat. Somehow that is all lost on the powers that be. We are the outsiders and will always be treated as such. Because at the end of the day, the Tribe feels that we will be replaced by the next guy and things stay the same. They talk about the circle of life and how everything effects the outcome of what you do life. Yet, you are treated always as the enemy. It is almost like we are lepers.

RAY MAN is an anchor that we will have to wear around our neck unitl he decides that he does not want to play "police" anymore. You know that day will never come because he feels like he has "juevos" when he gets to tell police officers what to do and how to do it. Of course he has done it all in vast years of making coffee and driving up and down the old trail. Yes he is the end all be all "wanna be". The old saying is "walk mile in my shoes before you jusge me" Ray could not tie my shoes, never mind walk a yard.

Having said that, did you notice the Miami Herald today. Alligators are most active at night and that is when the feed. I am sorry, is there a slab of meat at morgue that just got ate while swimming for recreation purposes????? Is this not the same waters or close enough to where Rear Admiral Commisoners Weeks wanted to swimming in with his SCUBA gear. O'h I am sorry he wanted to order other people to do it???????

Thats been the problem ever since the time of time. Back then, I remeber when Hebson was just a lowly officer with that other dude Inus/Penus (you know, the know it all), their was also Patterson. He was pretty good. The thing is, that most of the good officer that could really boost the department left. You still Javy Gonzo, he is pretty 10-8 and can get the job done. Skulnuts, could be good if he is not kissing some ass. Pelosi well, may the force be with him where ever he has gone to. Guevara, well, he was on the wishy washy side. Don't know if Soto is still their, he had good leadership skills, but don't know if he still thier.

You know, if I could name most of the guys that left since when I was their, I could probably get up to 20 people. Let see: Jack Freire (City of Miami PD), Ray Marabotto (North Bay Village PD), Sonny Ochart (Hialeah PD), that funny dispatcher that use to say, singau (Hialeah PD), Arce (Miami-Dade School Board PD), Bruno Medina (Miami-Dade School Board PD), Julio Perez (Hendry County Sheriff's Office), Jim Beck (fired, but hired somewhere else, Bay Harbor Islands, got arrested for domestic), Jim Fiero (same thing, Bay Harbour Islands), Marc Sultan (Private Investigator), Jose Martinez (North Bay Village PD), Alexander (BSO), the bald headed guy that is a detective with North Bay Village (can't remember his name), Bam Bam (big guy who use to work security, now with PBSO), Carruso (PBSO), Myers (Avenutra PD), Archambault, PBSO, later arrested), Roger Burge (K-9, fired), Mcdonald (psycho Capt., deceased), Jessica's husband (Avenutra PD), the skinny fagety dude (quit, was a former Paramedic). Thats all I can think of, but I know theirs more.

what ever happened to Roger, I have not heard from since MPD. Did he ever get one with another department???

I have no idea if he went somewhere else or not, Roger just disappeared. I'll have to ask around.

Quote Originally Posted by greendep
    Thats been the problem ever since the time of time. Back then, I remeber when Hebson was just a lowly officer with that other dude Inus/Penus (you know, the know it all), their was also Patterson. He was pretty good. The thing is, that most of the good officer that could really boost the department left. You still Javy Gonzo, he is pretty 10-8 and can get the job done. Skulnuts, could be good if he is not kissing some ass. Pelosi well, may the force be with him where ever he has gone to. Guevara, well, he was on the wishy washy side. Don't know if Soto is still their, he had good leadership skills, but don't know if he still thier.

You know, if I could name most of the guys that left since when I was their, I could probably get up to 20 people. Let see: Jack Freire (City of Miami PD), Ray Marabotto (North Bay Village PD), Sonny Ochart (Hialeah PD), that funny dispatcher that use to say, singau (Hialeah PD), Arce (Miami-Dade School Board PD), Bruno Medina (Miami-Dade School Board PD), Julio Perez (Hendry County Sheriff's Office), Jim Beck (fired, but hired somewhere else, Bay Harbor Islands, got arrested for domestic), Jim Fiero (same thing, Bay Harbour Islands), Marc Sultan (Private Investigator), Jose Martinez (North Bay Village PD), Alexander (BSO), the bald headed guy that is a detective with North Bay Village (can't remember his name), Bam Bam (big guy who use to work security, now with PBSO), Carruso (PBSO), Myers (Avenutra PD), Archambault, PBSO, later arrested), Roger Burge (K-9, fired), Mcdonald (psycho Capt., deceased), Jessica's husband (Avenutra PD), the skinny fagety dude (quit, was a former Paramedic). Thats all I can think of, but I know theirs more.
    Many good officers have left, and have moved on to bigger and better places.. Me!

jim beck was found not guilty at trial and his back at work

J

Quote Originally Posted by jackandcoke
    jim beck was found not guilty at trial and his back at work
    WHAT WAS HE CHARGED WITH ? THERES NO SUCH THING AS NOT GUILTY BY THE WAY ?

HMMMMM let me see hear I believe the verdicts from trials are read as :

We the jury find the defendant Not Guilty! not
    We the jury find the defendant Innocent!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast