work hours

Thread: work hours

work hours

How many hours per week do u work?

And when does ot kick in. I hear that some of the Sheriff's offices in the south work 43 hours and don't get ot untill after two weeks work period.

Re: work hours

Quote Originally Posted by possible new guy
    How many hours per week do u work?

And when does ot kick in. I hear that some of the Sheriff's offices in the south work 43 hours and don't get ot untill after two weeks work period.
    Currently in Patrol @ CCSO they have a work-shift-work schedule like many other agencies which is the following: 3/2/2/3 or every other weekend 12 hour day or night and flipping from days to nights every 28th calendar day. Unless you are in in Court Services or School Resource then its 5/2 8hour days and weekends off. Otherwise its a 36 hours every other week. OT???? NOT possible under the DAWSY administration you will be flexed out and sent home. Same for training days COMP pay or bank doesn't even exist. So if your looking for OT look further South....

if you go to traffic court, depo's, subpoenas, whatever its flexed back out to you or as I mentioned no OT...

Way South OT kicks in after 11 hours of straight time then its time & half for everything thereafter$$$$$

Unless your real desperate reconsider your options before here especially If want real police experience....

Good Luck...

You guys are NUTS to flip flop those 12 hr shifts every 28 days!! Ya'll must walk around all day looking like exhausted zombies! Permanent shits here with shift bids once a year based on seniority. And we even have OT!

Good luck up there!