jurisdiction - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: jurisdiction

From within your own county, you should just be able to request mutual aid. From outside your county, anybody arrested must goto that counties jail.

Making PC arrests out of county would be the only new thing. But I dont think its a good idea. If your an investigator working a case, getting a warrant signed isn't that big a deal. Once the warrant is signed, it doesnt matter who gets him.

Juris.

I respectively disagree with you. Time is of the essence when you have a subject and need to interview him and obtain the confession to seal the case. Something I am proud to say "the confession seals the deal in court". ASA's in Dade want you to get the subject and look everywhere before obtaining the warrant.. as they are so busy . All I am saying it just makes the investigators job that much easier if we could do it ourselves. After 30 plus years though... it will not change , so this topic is almost a waste of our time. Be safe and enjoy ! It is still one of the best jobs out there with the right ATTITUDE !

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12