Merger info II - Page 2
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Merger info II

To the poster who stated "FACE IT WERE NOT GOING GREEN"

You WILL BE ONE OF THE VERY FEW IN LAKE WORTH THAT WILL NOT PASS BACKGROUND TO ENTER PBSO. GOOOOD!

So start looking I hear Riviera Beach, PD is looking for LOOSERS AS YOURSELF!!!!! YOU IDIOT!!!!!!!!!!!

Can't even spell "Loser" correctly. How embarrassing. :lol:

Dumb question of the day

I heard from a very good source that someone in the PD was asking whether or not it was true that the city was using the police pension as collateral for some type of loan. I can't believe what people will say just to fire up everyone over something so stupid. Obviously this stupid rumor was started by someone attempting to save the faltering and downhill plunge of the PBSO merger, nice try Prez....

While we are on that subject of the Prez.....when are we having an FOP meeting!! The body of the FOP has been demanding a meeting for some time now and the Prez and his board are not listening. This is not how it is supposed to work. Are we just waiting for the PBA to take over now that the vote is coming. Does the Prez actually believe he will be voted in again after the switch...hardly. Hey prez, there's cheese on Mar's....you'll probably have better luck with that rumor. I'm sorry if you all think my comments are crast or belittling, but I am sick and tired of the whiners, complainers, and malcontents that are always trying to bring this department down. Does anyone remember when we all used to get along and loved doing our jobs so much that we would of probably done it for free. Does anyone remember when it was fun to come to work and work together to put away bad guys and celebrate it when we did a good job. Does anyone remember the choir practices and the platoon parties when we all cared about each other and looked out for each other. Take a look at yourself in the mirror in the morning, you are among some of the best trained, knowledgable, experienced, and respected police officers in Palm Beach County. Don't believe me? Check out some of the postings from our PBSO brothers on this thread and theirs, nothing but positive remarks about us. Guy's, WE ARE GREAT COP'S. Please don't get me wrong, I have nothing against PBSO, but I love Lake Worth and I love our Police Department. Times are tough for everyone out there wearing a uniform especially since the Govenors tax roll back which obviously has affected our budget as well as everyone else's. Everyone should be greatful for what they have been blessed with, job security, medical insurance, a great contract, and an excellent pension. Enough said, I could go on all night about the benefits of working here, but some people will never be convinced of how good they really have it until they don't have it anymore. Be safe and "Let's be careful out there'.

Re: Dumb question of the day

Quote Originally Posted by LW Loyal Forever
    I heard from a very good source that someone in the PD was asking whether or not it was true that the city was using the police pension as collateral for some type of loan. I can't believe what people will say just to fire up everyone over something so stupid. Obviously this stupid rumor was started by someone attempting to save the faltering and downhill plunge of the PBSO merger, nice try Prez....

While we are on that subject of the Prez.....when are we having an FOP meeting!! The body of the FOP has been demanding a meeting for some time now and the Prez and his board are not listening. This is not how it is supposed to work. Are we just waiting for the PBA to take over now that the vote is coming. Does the Prez actually believe he will be voted in again after the switch...hardly. Hey prez, there's cheese on Mar's....you'll probably have better luck with that rumor. I'm sorry if you all think my comments are crast or belittling, but I am sick and tired of the whiners, complainers, and malcontents that are always trying to bring this department down. Does anyone remember when we all used to get along and loved doing our jobs so much that we would of probably done it for free. Does anyone remember when it was fun to come to work and work together to put away bad guys and celebrate it when we did a good job. Does anyone remember the choir practices and the platoon parties when we all cared about each other and looked out for each other. Take a look at yourself in the mirror in the morning, you are among some of the best trained, knowledgable, experienced, and respected police officers in Palm Beach County. Don't believe me? Check out some of the postings from our PBSO brothers on this thread and theirs, nothing but positive remarks about us. Guy's, WE ARE GREAT COP'S. Please don't get me wrong, I have nothing against PBSO, but I love Lake Worth and I love our Police Department. Times are tough for everyone out there wearing a uniform especially since the Govenors tax roll back which obviously has affected our budget as well as everyone else's. Everyone should be greatful for what they have been blessed with, job security, medical insurance, a great contract, and an excellent pension. Enough said, I could go on all night about the benefits of working here, but some people will never be convinced of how good they really have it until they don't have it anymore. Be safe and "Let's be careful out there'.
    Lake Worth is horrible. Open your eyes and see. Yes well trained due to experience, but get over your hype. Lake Worth doesn't compare to surrounding agencies. It's inevitable, we will be going green one day.

Don't believe the info about the pension money being misused? Speak to the county fire rescue guys who pulled out so they didn't get caught up in a mess called Lake Worthless. You can be Lake Worth Loyal forever, but it's going to be hard when Lake Worth PD is gone. You must be the only idiot who wants to stay in this cesspool. So many people are leaving for a reason. Stop with all your BS propaganda and get off your soapbox. FHP is better than Lake Worth. I can’t believe how naïve and gullible you are. Get your nose out of the Chief’s butt.

I’ve seen your post before and it’s full of the same frivolous BS. You shouldn’t be Lake Worth loyal, but loyal to Law Enforcement. This county needs a metro agency or at least continue to get bigger because crime is more abundant and resources are needed to combat these rising crime rates. Lake Worth can’t do it alone, we need to combine law enforcement so we can have the resources to combat gangs and other issues. I know, it’s all about you, which is sad. I’ll be happy to go green, because I see beyond the better benefits of going green and realize this needs to happen in a county of 1.2 million people. With all the police departments, there are too many chiefs and not enough Indians.

Re: Dumb question of the day

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Quote Originally Posted by LW Loyal Forever

Lake Worth is horrible. Open your eyes and see. Yes well trained due to experience, but get over your hype. Lake Worth doesn't compare to surrounding agencies. It's inevitable, we will be going green one day.

Don't believe the info about the pension money being misused? Speak to the county fire rescue guys who pulled out so they didn't get caught up in a mess called Lake Worthless. You can be Lake Worth Loyal forever, but it's going to be hard when Lake Worth PD is gone. You must be the only idiot who wants to stay in this cesspool. So many people are leaving for a reason. Stop with all your BS propaganda and get off your soapbox. FHP is better than Lake Worth. I can’t believe how naïve and gullible you are. Get your nose out of the Chief’s butt.

I’ve seen your post before and it’s full of the same frivolous BS. You shouldn’t be Lake Worth loyal, but loyal to Law Enforcement. This county needs a metro agency or at least continue to get bigger because crime is more abundant and resources are needed to combat these rising crime rates. Lake Worth can’t do it alone, we need to combine law enforcement so we can have the resources to combat gangs and other issues. I know, it’s all about you, which is sad. I’ll be happy to go green, because I see beyond the better benefits of going green and realize this needs to happen in a county of 1.2 million people. With all the police departments, there are too many chiefs and not enough Indians.
    Very well said. We need a metro and need to go green. To Lake Worth Loyal, learn how to spell. It looks bad to the city when you come on here with your nonsense and can't even spell properly. I'm sure the Chief would be disappointed.

To the last poster, saying that you should not be Lake Worth Loyal, Let me paint a picture. I was home on leave looking to get applications to fill out for when I got back. I went everywhere, SO, Greenacres, Palm Springs, and of course Lake Worth. Well wouldnt you know the only department that would even give me an application, was Lake Worth. Because I was not certified yet. When I was going thru the comparative compliance acadamy, everyone one was saying that they had applications out all over the place. And I would say, I have only one out there and I am going to get that job. And I am still here today because I am loyal to the department, my fellow officers, and the citizens. Lake Worth is where I earned the right to be called a Police Officer and it is where I will stay. If the city decides to go with the Sheriffs Office, fine, I have no problem with that. But, dont ever tell me or anyone else in this department that they should not be loyal to LWPD.

It is all politics! It all comes down to PBSO vs. LWPD. If you don't think so, you're being naive. The Sheriff's Office started it. We aren't talking about the indians, but the top brasses.

And how is it I hear if LWPD does not merge, the Sheriff's Office is going to do a mass hiring when it comes to Lake Worth cops putting their apps in. I hope this all just rumors!

Quote Originally Posted by guestme
    To the last poster, saying that you should not be Lake Worth Loyal, Let me paint a picture. I was home on leave looking to get applications to fill out for when I got back. I went everywhere, SO, Greenacres, Palm Springs, and of course Lake Worth. Well wouldnt you know the only department that would even give me an application, was Lake Worth. Because I was not certified yet. When I was going thru the comparative compliance acadamy, everyone one was saying that they had applications out all over the place. And I would say, I have only one out there and I am going to get that job. And I am still here today because I am loyal to the department, my fellow officers, and the citizens. Lake Worth is where I earned the right to be called a Police Officer and it is where I will stay. If the city decides to go with the Sheriffs Office, fine, I have no problem with that. But, dont ever tell me or anyone else in this department that they should not be loyal to LWPD.
    Just b/c we gave you an opportunity to be a police officer, doesn't mean anything. The other poster is right; we need to by loyal to the job, of being a law enforcement officer, not to where we work. This county is out of control, and we more resources and manpower to cover it. Departments don't work well together because of politics, and they only way we will is to combine our resources. Trust me, I've been here for 11 years; this agency is a sinking ship. The merger may not happen now, but it will.

It is all politics! It all comes down to PBSO vs. LWPD. If you don't think so, you're being naive. The Sheriff's Office started it. We aren't talking about the indians, but the top brasses.

And how is it I hear if LWPD does not merge, the Sheriff's Office is going to do a mass hiring when it comes to Lake Worth cops putting their apps in. I hope this all just rumors!
    Where do you get these BS rumors from? The Sheriff didn't start anything, he was approached by the city. The same thing that has been done in every merger with the Sheriff. The Sheriff refuses the approach a city, the city has to approach him. Delray Beach police wanted a proposal from the Sheriff and the Sheriff said he must be approached by the city. City officials are dragging their feet, so the SO officials said take it or leave it. It's a benefit to city, an it cost the Sheriff's office a lot of money.

Also the Sheriff would never engage in a hostile merger by hiring all the Lake Worth applicants. Stop making the Sheriff's office look like the bad guy, it was Lake Worth who started this crap. The only hostile merger came upon the Sheriff's Office was Belle Glade because it was forced upon them by FDLE. Get your facts straight before you post bogus information. Stay safe and have a great Thanksgiving.

Where do you get these BS rumors from? The Sheriff didn't start anything, he was approached by the city. The same thing that has been done in every merger with the Sheriff. The Sheriff refuses the approach a city, the city has to approach him. Delray Beach police wanted a proposal from the Sheriff and the Sheriff said he must be approached by the city. City officials are dragging their feet, so the SO officials said take it or leave it. It's a benefit to city, an it cost the Sheriff's office a lot of money.

Also the Sheriff would never engage in a hostile merger by hiring all the Lake Worth applicants. Stop making the Sheriff's office look like the bad guy, it was Lake Worth who started this crap. The only hostile merger came upon the Sheriff's Office was Belle Glade because it was forced upon them by FDLE. Get your facts straight before you post bogus information. Stay safe and have a great Thanksgiving.

On

Very well said. I work for PBSO and know our Sheriff personally. He will NOT approach a city, he has to be approached. Rumors start all the time, and 90% of them are frivolous. Both agencies are great places, but I do agree we need a metro sheriff/police force. I'm loyal to PBSO, however if they decided to make us where blue a become a metro Sheriff/Police department like JSO it wouldn't bother me one bit. We need more resources, more cops, and the bigger we are the better collective bargaining we have. Look at the Northern cities like Boston and New York. The days of the local cop on the beat and Mayberry days are over. This county has become a big city and criminals don't have to worry about jurisdictional boundaries, either should we. Happy Thanksgiving to all.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast