Extra Duty Board - Page 6
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by D2 reserve
    Its funny to see everyone so negative about the reserve force some of what alot of you are saying is true and some of it is false. I must say as a reserve 2 I cant work 1man jobs. Most of my jobs that I do work are 2 man jobs and I get jobs that people dont want, clubs, hand me downs so on. For the 1man jobs take it up with the reserve 1's cause I would love to get my hand on some of them cushy jobs as you claimed is being hogged. And for those who say we only put in 8 hours a month or less than, well im here to say for some that may be true but lord knows I put in my fair share of hours a month and I have full time guys that can attest to that. You being a fulltime does not make you better than a reserve, I know alot of full timers that dont know their a@#$@ from a hole in da wall and when it boils down too it, they come too dis guy when they need sumtin. get a grip ....cant we all just get along.
    Dude I agree with ya but did you have to post it three times. LOL

Quote Originally Posted by NOTHIN GOOD
    IM GONNA GO OUT ON A LIMB HERE AND SAY THIS WEBSITE SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOTHING BUT NEGATIVE CRAP ON HERE SO MUCH FOR THE BROTHERHOOD AND HAVING UR FELLOW BROTHERS BACKS.. DONT BOTHER REPLYING TO THIS THREAD BECAUSE I SHALL NEVER RETURN TO THIS CRAPPY NEGATIVE WEBSITE... I HOPE OTHERS WILL JOIN ME IN BOYCOTTING LEOAFFAIRS...........
    There is no botherhood in TPD, this isn't like NY. Tampa is all about theirselves, around here someone will screw you over and then smile in yr face. Welcome to TPD

[quote=Hater free Zone]
    Quote Originally Posted by "NOTHIN GOOD":jwqa811x
    IM GONNA GO OUT ON A LIMB HERE AND SAY THIS WEBSITE SUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NOTHING BUT NEGATIVE CRAP ON HERE SO MUCH FOR THE BROTHERHOOD AND HAVING UR FELLOW BROTHERS BACKS.. DONT BOTHER REPLYING TO THIS THREAD BECAUSE I SHALL NEVER RETURN TO THIS CRAPPY NEGATIVE WEBSITE... I HOPE OTHERS WILL JOIN ME IN BOYCOTTING LEOAFFAIRS...........
    There is no botherhood in TPD, this isn't like NY. Tampa is all about theirselves, around here someone will screw you over and then smile in yr face. Welcome to TPD[/quote:jwqa811x]

There's other differences between NYPD and TPD.....we don't have toilet plungers in our use of force matrix :P

Ba-Doom Boom!!!

Thanks folks, try the veal!!! I'll be here all week!!

IT IS NOT ABOUT THE SCREW UPS!

[quote]

There's other differences between NYPD and TPD.....we don't have toilet plungers in our use of force matrix :P

Ba-Doom Boom!!!

Thanks folks, try the veal!!! I'll be here all week!![quote]

ALL AGENCIES HAVE COPS THAT ARE GOING TO SCREW UP, **** UP, MAKE THE REST LOOK BAD, ETC.

I WAS NEVER A COP UP NORTH, BUT HAVE FRIENDS/FAMILY THAT ARE AND WERE COPS UP THERE, AND I CAN TELL YOU THAT THERE IS A BROTHERHOOD UP THERE. ONE THAT YOU WILL NEVER FIND AT T.P.D.

UP THERE THEY LOOK OUT FOR EACH OTHER ON AND OFF DUTY. THEY DO THINGS TOGETHER (I.E. COOK OUTS, PICNICS, BOWLING LEAGUES, FISHING). DOWN HERE IT IS ALL ABOUT ME, MYSELF, AND I.

UP THERE IF YOU ARE A COP THEY TREAT YOU LIKE GOLD. IT DOESN'T MATTER IF YOU ARE ON DUTY, OFF DUTY, A COP IN NEW YORK OR A COP FROM ALASKA. ALL THEY CARE ABOUT IS THE BADGE, IF YOU HAVE ONE, YOU ARE A FRIEND, A BROTHER IN BLUE. DOWN HERE WE ARREST EACH OTHER FOR MINOR B.S., BUT WE USE DISCRETION ON SCUM BAGS. WE WRITE EACH OTHER TICKETS, WE STAB EACH OTHER IN THE BACK.

I WORK FOR T.P.D. AND HAVE ENJOYED MY YEARS HERE, BUT N.Y.P.D. IS A CLASS ACT. A CLASS ACT THAT WE WILL ONLY ACHIEVE WHEN WE STOP CARING ABOUT OURSELVES, AND START CARING ABOUT EACH OTHER.

Re: IT IS NOT ABOUT THE SCREW UPS!

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous

Ba-Doom Boom!!!

Thanks folks, try the veal!!! I'll be here all week!![quote:1zj1gg1w]

ALL AGENCIES HAVE COPS THAT ARE GOING TO SCREW UP, fazugie UP, MAKE THE REST LOOK BAD, ETC.

I WAS NEVER A COP UP NORTH, BUT HAVE FRIENDS/FAMILY THAT ARE AND WERE COPS UP THERE, AND I CAN TELL YOU THAT THERE IS A BROTHERHOOD UP THERE. ONE THAT YOU WILL NEVER FIND AT T.P.D.

UP THERE THEY LOOK OUT FOR EACH OTHER ON AND OFF DUTY. THEY DO THINGS TOGETHER (I.E. COOK OUTS, PICNICS, BOWLING LEAGUES, FISHING). DOWN HERE IT IS ALL ABOUT ME, MYSELF, AND I.

UP THERE IF YOU ARE A COP THEY TREAT YOU LIKE GOLD. IT DOESN'T MATTER IF YOU ARE ON DUTY, OFF DUTY, A COP IN NEW YORK OR A COP FROM ALASKA. ALL THEY CARE ABOUT IS THE BADGE, IF YOU HAVE ONE, YOU ARE A FRIEND, A BROTHER IN BLUE. DOWN HERE WE ARREST EACH OTHER FOR MINOR B.S., BUT WE USE DISCRETION ON SCUM BAGS. WE WRITE EACH OTHER TICKETS, WE STAB EACH OTHER IN THE BACK.

I WORK FOR T.P.D. AND HAVE ENJOYED MY YEARS HERE, BUT N.Y.P.D. IS A CLASS ACT. A CLASS ACT THAT WE WILL ONLY ACHIEVE WHEN WE STOP CARING ABOUT OURSELVES, AND START CARING ABOUT EACH OTHER.
    [/quote:1zj1gg1w]

Amen brother! Everyone on this department should go to Washington DC for police week. They will see what a true brotherhood is like.

How many at TPD do you think are actually from "around here"?
    The vast majority are from other States, and especially from the North.
    Seems like all those that complain about how bad things are "down here" need to look in the mirror and see that they're complaining about their own compadres.

you obviously know nothing about the nypd. while there is a strong brotherhood up there there are no reserves. reserves would be seen by nypd officers and the union as SCABS. the closest thing that nypd has is the auxiliary program and they are unsworn and unarmed officers. they are viewed in a relatively negative light by the mos and are mainly referred to as BUFFS.

so while u are right about the brotherhood u are wrong that the mos would view reserves as equals. the nyc pba would fight tooth and nail against a reserve force at nypd and the sworn mos would fully support the union in a fight like that. brotherhood means looking out for each other and that means real cops looking out for real cops and not supporting someone who wants to take money out of our pockets by playing weekend warrior.

dont distort what LE brotherhood is. ask any other cops who came down here from northeast departments what their view on reserves is and they will tell you the same thing i just did.

....and when we start issuing toilet plungers to all officers!!! I know a guy from NYPD that said it was routine for them to take money from the pockets of drug dealers and keep it. That's called robbery, and the plunger thing is called rape

I'll take what we got here. The grass is always greener on the other side.

why r u here

Quote Originally Posted by nypd transplant at hcso
    you obviously know nothing about the nypd. while there is a strong brotherhood up there there are no reserves. reserves would be seen by nypd officers and the union as SCABS. the closest thing that nypd has is the auxiliary program and they are unsworn and unarmed officers. they are viewed in a relatively negative light by the mos and are mainly referred to as BUFFS.

so while u are right about the brotherhood u are wrong that the mos would view reserves as equals. the nyc pba would fight tooth and nail against a reserve force at nypd and the sworn mos would fully support the union in a fight like that. brotherhood means looking out for each other and that means real cops looking out for real cops and not supporting someone who wants to take money out of our pockets by playing weekend warrior.

dont distort what LE brotherhood is. ask any other cops who came down here from northeast departments what their view on reserves is and they will tell you the same thing i just did.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- :twisted: first off no one invited you to tpd's inside bashing party, if we wanted your imput DEPUTY Bufford T Justice we would have asked for it. No one cares who you worked for now or in da past, go and clean up a cow pasture or work when you can the off duty that the SHERIFF allows you too. It sucks knowing that as a reserve 2, like myself can write your check and cash it too, cause if dat butt was gettin kicked which it prob does by your progress village boys or your clair-mel boys i think if it were a security guard at TGH u would be happy they help you out. And on dat note when you loose your job ur career is over, say it with me "PAPER OR PLASTIC" publix bag boy. I get kicked out of the reserves and I still have my full time job. DONT HATE THE PLAYA BABY< HATE DA GAME, cause you dont know how to play. 8)

Re: why r u here

[quote=D2 reserve]
    Quote Originally Posted by "nypd transplant at hcso":1pu209ix

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- :twisted: first off no one invited you to tpd's inside bashing party, if we wanted your imput DEPUTY Bufford T Justice we would have asked for it. No one cares who you worked for now or in da past, go and clean up a cow pasture or work when you can the off duty that the SHERIFF allows you too. It sucks knowing that as a reserve 2, like myself can write your check and cash it too, cause if dat butt was gettin kicked which it prob does by your progress village boys or your clair-mel boys i think if it were a security guard at TGH u would be happy they help you out. And on dat note when you loose your job ur career is over, say it with me "PAPER OR PLASTIC" publix bag boy. I get kicked out of the reserves and I still have my full time job. DONT HATE THE PLAYA BABY< HATE DA GAME, cause you dont know how to play. 8)[/quote:1pu209ix]

Huh? I'm slow, so let me see if I can recap minus the ebonics:

1) HCSO Deputies aren't welcome on this bored unless invited.
    2) TPD Reserve II's can write their check and cash it too, whatever that means.
    3) We get beat up frequently in Clair-mel and Progress Village but a TGH security guard could help us out.
    4) If a HCSO Deputy loses their job, the only other job they're qualified for would be a bag boy.
    5) If you get kicked out of the Reserves, no big deal as you still have your full-time job.

Wow. If you represent the Reserves at TPD, I'm not so sure I want a brotherhood.

There's an old saying: you can pick your friends but you can't pick your family. If that's true, then I guess I'm better off forgoing the brotherhood and picking some friends.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast