retiring up there?

retiring up there?

Hey,

looking for some info, plan on buying some land up that way and building my dream cabin, and watching sunsets in the mountains. need some info on good bad areas. parrattsville, cosby,del rio, newport? thanks in advance.

tpd/ret-#52

Re: retiring up there?

Quote Originally Posted by leo for life
    Hey,

looking for some info, plan on buying some land up that way and building my dream cabin, and watching sunsets in the mountains. need some info on good bad areas. parrattsville, cosby,del rio, newport? thanks in advance.

tpd/ret-#52
    You may have posted on the wrong string. Tennessee troopers are not what you would call "fans" of Florida people moving to TN. In fact, many brother and sister law enforcement professionals throughout the state, county and municpal agencies are not big "fans" either.

I can tell you this the areas you mentioned are among the most corrupt towns in northeast TN and unless you are the same way you will have difficulty fitting in.

Do a little research and find some others like you that have already moved to TN, contact them directly and get the real skinny on the area.

Info

Can anyone give some info on agencies in the Nashville area looking to hire officers re-locating. Looking in that area and Williamson County.

Any help is appreciated.

[quote=trying to help]
    Quote Originally Posted by "leo for life":382mdkgm
    Hey,

tpd/ret-#52
    You may have posted on the wrong string. Tennessee troopers are not what you would call "fans" of Florida people moving to TN. In fact, many brother and sister law enforcement professionals throughout the state, county and municpal agencies are not big "fans" either.

I can tell you this the areas you mentioned are among the most corrupt towns in northeast TN and unless you are the same way you will have difficulty fitting in.

Do a little research and find some others like you that have already moved to TN, contact them directly and get the real skinny on the area.[/quote:382mdkgm]

Not "fans" yo you sc___ag, not fans, of other cops, you rather marry your sister and raise banjo playing mutants. go drink your moonshine, hey fla cop retire somewhere where cops have more education then the sixth grade.

Quote Originally Posted by leo for life
    Hey,

tpd/ret-#52
    I'm not sure why you got the response you did from the trooper. My hubby and I retired from Florida and moved to Newport in December 2007 and the cops that we have met, troopers included have been nothing but nice and helpful to us. We absolutely love it here and think every day that we couldn't have made a better choice in where to live. Feel free to PM me for information and I'll help ya in any way I can.

While I don't totally agree with one post, I must say I too agree somewhat about Florida people. We have a collection of retired Florida police officers here in east Tennessee and for the most part, many are not that bad. I for one retired from a Florida police agency and quite frankly, I am not fond of saying I am from Florida. I find Floridians to be the most arrogant people here. This is not an area that Floridians can just move in a take over. One must assimilate to the local customs and its people. Floridians feel they are entitled to just about everything and can not accept local customs. I have found peace in the customs and with the long standing residents of this area. This was easy since I was not born or raised in Florida.
    So, if you are one of those typical rude and nasty Floridians who expect everything to happen just for them, keep you’re a$$ in Florida!

Wait a minute...I 'm from South Florida and am currently working for an agency in the Tri-Cities area. We can all go back and forth about how Floridians are arrogant and what not but the reality of it is, times change. You can not stop progress! You have more and more people moving to this area from "elsewhere" and whether you like it or not, these folks are not going to sit by and accept the status quo. they are used to being active in local, everyday government dealings. Just because the "locals" find no problems with their current environment/way of life doesnt mean that things can't be better. It's the locals, the "anti-floridians" like the person posting previously that need to wake up and smell the coffee. This state and more so, this area of TN is poor, lacks jobs and commerce. The "Rude Floridians" whom retired from agencies that have much better retirement systems are the ones that will, after retiring, move up here, perhaps start buisnesses, create commerce and give your simple minded selves jobs! Look at any major area in this state whether it be Nashville Metro, Tri-Cities, Chattanooga, Memphis, Knoxville...they are expanding..20 years ago, no one EVER thought You'd see homes being built in the Tri-Cities that cost about as much as they do in Florida. Who do you think is building these homes?! Certainly not Floridians! Locals are! Building these homes creates jobs for the "locals". By generalizing Floridians as arrogant, well, you've proved who the arrogant, wait, IGNORRANT one is! Think i'll sell my properties to some Floridians! Maybe I own the property next to yours! Hola' Mi Amigo!

What about if you are from MY AND Florida??? :devil: :devil: