I doubt anyone will care enough...... - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

oh gee when we shared with HD we couldnt get on the radio because every 10 seconds 10-31 FOSTER ROAD!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tuffstuff
    Lets see MR 22year vet........22years ago I would have been...........11years old...... :lol: .....................so no I dont remember that far back......my MM experience started when MM and HD were on the same channel and even at the point half the city was built/wasnt much west of palm ave.........I do have a ? Anyone know how Goetz is doing?
    Okay, You said you had been around a while so I just asked if you remembered that. Goetz is okay, he opened up his own business, I think its located in Margate.

Re: Road guy

Hey Road Guy, tks for answering and keeping it professional. BELIEVE me I am not afraid to tone a road unit, SGT, or IF need be a LT. I make sure to call everyone at the same time--the units and the sgts or OIC's. Yes we all have our good and bad days. Stay safe and keep me posted if I can pass along anything, though we got some FNG's that you can't tell anything to. I'm sure you know what I mean. :roll: B safe.

Jodi is that you?

Member LEO Affairs Road Patrol
    Someone tell u108 to go back to his own page. 22yearvet dont be mad I just busting on ya.

CDC

All in all you dispatchers do a good job with what you have. If you can ask your call takers to get more info or ask the right questions that would be better. I for one appreciate all you do looking out for us and maintaining a calm voice when things get crazy!

Believe me we try to get them to understand whats needed. But............Ill just let that stop at that. Thanks for the compliment. We appreciate it.

Re: Road guy

Quote Originally Posted by gws108
    Hey Road Guy, tks for answering and keeping it professional. BELIEVE me I am not afraid to tone a road unit, SGT, or IF need be a LT. I make sure to call everyone at the same time--the units and the sgts or OIC's. Yes we all have our good and bad days. Stay safe and keep me posted if I can pass along anything, though we got some FNG's that you can't tell anything to. I'm sure you know what I mean. :roll: B safe.

Jodi is that you?
    No this is too nice for Jodi. She's got problems. This sounds like Stephani or Laura.

One of Jodi's major problems is she thinks she's the boss and not a dispatcher. Dispatchers are part of the team and are almost like a 10-94 since they can be a life line. Jodi takes things too personal and I always feel tense on the radio. Dispatching is a very important job and along those lines they should be cool under pressure, able to speak clear concise English WITHOUT an accent. I know it's tough up there with lots of distractions but please remember, we are the ones who will not go home to our families if something happens. Cops are type A people and like to control things so give us some leeways.

What gets me the most is when we are going to a hot call and the dispatch (there is one in particular) who is always laughing and having a conversation in the background.

Also, sometimes are modems are down so we NEED to hear the case no. or 97 time because when we were driving we couldn't write it down at that time.

Changes: I'd like to have a "beeper" tone like they have out West when the air is 10-3. Every ten seconds there's a beep so everyone knows not to talk (like you were on Teletype when the air went 10-3). That would solve a lot of problems.

Yes, when someone really needs 10-94 and the air is 10-3, people DO NOT have to advise 51 or 97. At the end of the call it will all be straightened out. Let the officer have the air free of interruptions.

Thanks for asking tuff...

Whatever your issue is with Jody, get over it! Unless you can leave your name when you criticize her, dont. Shes not afraid to tell you NO and she doesnt kiss your ass. Believe me there are some that are much worse than her. This was a question to be answered professionally not personally. You dont have to like us and we dont have to like you. However I asked this question to see if we could get some things taken care of professionally not for you to trash my FRIEND. There are plenty of your units I could rant on about but thats not what this is for. Either be man enough to say who you are OR keep it professional.

tuff I appreciate your devotion to your friend but you need to chill. If you post your name, I'll post mine.

PS..I might not want to "man" up if I'm a woman...

Hey Im not the one attacking someones character. And if you are man or woman and are attacking someone then man OR woman up! Whatever the case maybe. I was really impressed by you guys until these last posts. Not so much now. I realize not all of you have gone off the beaten path here but this is going off in the ditch. Time to end it I guess. Too bad cuz this could have been good for both sides.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast