fop
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: fop

fop

Did you hear that were suppose to be voting on the contract next week?

Re: fop

Quote Originally Posted by seminole
    Did you hear that were suppose to be voting on the contract next week?
    Two things:

First, "WERE" is the past tense of "are." For example: THEY WERE HERE, BUT NOW THEY ARE GONE. "WE'RE" is a contraction for "WE ARE." For example: "WE'RE GOING TO DISNEY WORLD!"

Second, the word "supposed" ends with a "d." We are not "suppose" to do anything. For example: YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO GET YOUR INFORMATION ABOUT THE UNION (OR CONTRACT) THROUGH A UNION REPRESENTATIVE OR THE UNION BOARD, NOT LEOAFFAIRS. I SUPPOSE.

I am impressed, however, that you appropriately used a capital letter to start your sentence and the correct punctuation to end it.

Now, you may resume your nonsense.

Thanks french 202 but is we all' votering next weak oh what bye the waye, why not teach in schoal not hear know one kares about spalling.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Thanks french 202 but is we all' votering next weak oh what bye the waye, why not teach in schoal not hear know one kares about spalling.
    Did you think out that reply before you typed it? Honestly, it wasn't even remotely funny. Perhaps you should just read the messages and not try to reply if you can't come up with anything better than that....

YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO GET YOUR INFORMATION ABOUT THE UNION (OR CONTRACT) THROUGH A UNION REPRESENTATIVE OR THE UNION BOARD, NOT LEOAFFAIRS. I SUPPOSE.
    /quote]
    I tried to get info from 3 board members last night and one member today, and all 4 told me that they had no idea that we were voting next week. They also advised that they were never told consulted on the vote and they were unaware that it was even being posted. How are we going to vote on issues if we dont have the final contract language and our own board members dont have a clue whats going on?
    I do agree with your corrections though.

Quote Originally Posted by HELP
    I tried to get info from 3 board members last night and one member today, and all 4 told me that they had no idea that we were voting next week.
    I'm trying not to be a smartass here, but if you talked to four board members and they all said we're not voting on the contract next week, then what exactly makes you think that we ARE voting on it next week???? Since the board members have to set up the vote, wouldn't it make sense that THEY would know about it if it WAS going to mysteriously happen???

So, once you received THE SAME answer from four board members, you still posted the question here? As if some anonymous person was going to have more information about the contract than the board members you already spoke with?

This has got to be the silliest post I've ever read on here....

Quote Originally Posted by English 101
    Quote Originally Posted by HELP
    I tried to get info from 3 board members last night and one member today, and all 4 told me that they had no idea that we were voting next week.
    I'm trying not to be a smartass here, but if you talked to four board members and they all said we're not voting on the contract next week, then what exactly makes you think that we ARE voting on it next week???? Since the board members have to set up the vote, wouldn't it make sense that THEY would know about it if it WAS going to mysteriously happen???

So, once you received THE SAME answer from four board members, you still posted the question here? As if some anonymous person was going to have more information about the contract than the board members you already spoke with?

This has got to be the silliest post I've ever read on here....

You should listen to your own advice brainiac, its posted on the FOP board at the PD that the vote is next Tuesday you silly rabbit.

Why are we in such a rush to vote on this when we have yet to review the FINAL proposal? Maybe some members do have a hidden agenda on our union board.

You guys are amazing. The contract information has been posted on the FOP board for over a week. Detailed with what is being changed in each article. Be a little more attentive.

wow, lets call a union meeting just to tell the not so senior people and the rookies their questions, let alone their opinions dont mean squat. let's recap shall we?
    blah blah blah........ any questions?
    thank you for the question, but you are obviously an idiot for asking about something you dont understand.... next question? oh did that answer your stupid question? no.....ok next question!!!

i mean really what was the point of that meeting? you had the board reading the contract that we all read....you had sgt. det "obvious" saying "wow that only affects the senior people" after every issue that mattered to the "membership".

if he actually knew the facts, the board actually put out information before they rejected the previous draft of the contract that failed to represent 67 of the most junior people in the agency. yeah a third of the dept. let me say that again. the board put that information out to the members. and yeah it pi$$ed alot of the junior guys off. again...... the junior officers were given that information by the board...... so please say it again capt obvious!!!!! 67 of the most junior officers were not going to get the 5% raise at the end of the 3rd year of the contract in the previous draft!!! gee that represents and benefits..... the senior officers at the time it was put out. as we all see now....because of the meeting..... the new step plan addressed that issue and now all is just peachy when it comes to the money.......

i believe every person that is a member of the union pays dues. and supposedly when you go into that meeting rank shouldnt matter.....but apparently it does. most of the new poeple are afraid to even goto the meetings because they dont even think they have the right to be there.....because the senior officers basically dont even talk to them when they are working so why put your neck out when it actually matters in a public forum...... yeah go figure.

did you notice that one of the board members even left the table at one point of the discussion? hmmmmm the lone decenter.... go figure......

just pick what you want, bully everyone who doesnt agree, and run the union as you see fit..... have at it.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast