FLPD bleed off will continue
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

FLPD bleed off will continue

The Union and the membership is doing a great job coming together this contract year!

But the Officer bleed off will continue after the contract is signed.

The reason for that is HORRIBLE treatment and working conditions at FLPD! After the new contract is signed, if a 5%, 5%, 5% for three years with a COLA, it will not matter in the big picture.

At the end of the contract new Officers put in State Pension Plan will outnumber those of us now, and they will have a 3% COLA, not caring about whatever we get after we work 20 years and they vest with a COLA in 6 years. Perhaps they will be getting paid 73-74K by then, but more than a few other cities will be paying much more than that, some in the 80K range by then, and we will be back where we started.

Compound the HORRIBLE working conditions and treatment, and 74K will still not be enough to keep them at FLPD. The bleed off will continue. They will continue to flee, FLPD will continue to be a training ground for other departments. The 74K will not matter to them, they will stay maybe 3 years at best and take the state pension acrual they have to another agency and wave goodbye on the way out the door. Nothing to keep them here but a little seniority.

FLPD thinks it has a mess now, just wait until all the new hires are in the state pension and have a free ticket to leave with it!

The bigger fight against the Chief, upper management, and the City Manager is necessary. The Union will bring home a good contract, no doubt. But what about later? That is the bigger battle or the department will continue to bleed if us, the members, fail to stay united and take action against those who have let us down!

If that doesnt happen the Contract will be a step in the right direction, but far from the solution to our problems!

Not enough!

A 5%, 5%, 5% compounded after 3 years is $74K based on a $64K salary.

A 7%, 6%, 5% compounded after 3 years is $76K based on a $64K salary.

A 8%, 6%, 5% compounded after 3 years is $76.9 based on a $64K salary.

A 8%, 7%, 6% compounded after 3 years is $78K based on a $64K salary.

Our Officers are the hardest worked in the County, answering the most calls for service. We deserve at least $78K in our next contract!

We shouldn't settle for anything less than that with a COLA too, as were the only dept without it.

The membership is together. Use it!

Since I only have a less than 2yrs on maybe I should quit then re apply again,and the enter the FRS pension plan

Quote Originally Posted by rook
    Since I only have a less than 2yrs on maybe I should quit then re apply again,and the enter the FRS pension plan
    We are fighting as a union to keep new employees in our pension! But you could just go and not come back!

I think you guys are missing the point here. We will not gain the public support we so desperately need and rightfully deserve if all we talk about is what we want. After all, where else can one go at 19 years old & w/a high school diploma, get paid to attend a daycare academy, & w/in 5 years, so long as you don't screw up to badly, be earnign $65g's, plus virutally unlimited OT & details, not to mention the bennies which are probably worth another $10-15g's a year. Do you think the common worker- the jamitor, the construction guy, the grocery store manager- feels our "pain?"

No instead what we need to do is demonstrate to the public why we deserve what we get paid in salary & bennies. Over the years, the public has been very supportive of the cops; that's why we enjoy the pay & perks we have now. The last folks we want to alienate are those same folks. I agree we should be paid/compensated w/some of the higer paid agencies in the area however that's not going to happen if all the public hears is *****ing and groaning.

The city is proposing to have it's officers enter the FRS ?

New officers hired after this contract is ratified would be placed in the FRS, not the city pension. Current officers would stay w/the current pension.

Barak please stop posting on this site as you're making me sick

I find it hard to believe that the real Jack would post something like that. This is an open forum where there is supposed to be a free exchange of ideas, information and opinions, not just griping and negativity. Just because my thoughts and opinions vary from yours doesn't make them any less valid. I'm trying to add some thougthful, postive commentary froma differnet perspective. If you can't handle that, I'm sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Barak
    I find it hard to believe that the real Jack would post something like that. This is an open forum where there is supposed to be a free exchange of ideas, information and opinions, not just griping and negativity. Just because my thoughts and opinions vary from yours doesn't make them any less valid. I'm trying to add some thougthful, postive commentary froma differnet perspective. If you can't handle that, I'm sorry.
    Don't be so sure. Jack's a saint but I think you've annoyed everyone below the second floor with your company man mantra.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast