HIRING - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: HIRING

Your Medic lacks any real Paramedic experience, and has never worked anywhere as an actual paramedic. I wouldn't want that type of person working on me. Also with one hand how will he pass the BAT test, specifically
    the section on dry firing a weapon with BOTH hands ten times? Nothing wrong with UCF but not everyone is cut out to be a cop. I do respect your medic for going out there and try and doing what he does. But without both hands I an not sure how effective you can be as a medic either. If you all are ok with a second rate medic with no experience the that is cool....

Quote Originally Posted by Guest 50
    Your Medic lacks any real Paramedic experience, and has never worked anywhere as an actual paramedic. I wouldn't want that type of person working on me. Also with one hand how will he pass the BAT test, specifically
    the section on dry firing a weapon with BOTH hands ten times? Nothing wrong with UCF but not everyone is cut out to be a cop. I do respect your medic for going out there and try and doing what he does. But without both hands I an not sure how effective you can be as a medic either. If you all are ok with a second rate medic with no experience the that is cool....
    Where are you getting this information? I thought he had actually done all of the paramedic stuff on people? Why don't you identify yourself?

I really don't want to open up a huge can of worms, but I work for a department he rode with. Yes he did all the paramedic stuff as a student but never worked a day on the road on his own as a paramedic. I just found this odd that a swat team would pick up a brand new paramedic that had no experience . All of the teams I have ever met they have a min of 5 years as a medic before you can even try out. I put it to you like this, take a recruit right out of the academy and put them on the road without a FTO program, and expect them not to make any mistakes. In rereading my post I suppose I was a little harsh, but if the truth hurts sorry. I give it to him for trying he just lacks any street time that is needed to get good at your job. Being a student vs working on your own are two different things. No trying to knock the kid I just think he needs to get some real street time in.

This thread should be rem]named to slam the medic because I have no life. You guys are losers and have nothing better to do then to at least say it to his face. You guys have no balls.

I would just like to start off by saying that I trust my life to our medic, I would rather him over anyone else. He has always been there for those of us on ERT. Anyway, so here is my question... We hired our medic while he was still an EMT, if you think you are more qualified, or anyone else is more qualified, then why did he get the position over all of you? I only ask that because I have done my research and have seen not only his resume and certifications but I have also seen him in action as a Paramedic. One of the main reasons we don't see anyone else on here talking about this is because they know this is a line of bull and just don't care to read this crap. So, why don't you go find something better to do and we will find something more important to talk about. No offence to our medic, but there are way more important people to talk about.

I have met your medic and he seems likes a straight up guy. I don't know anything about his background but I do know that his heart is in the right place......

Re: HIRING

Well, it looks like the UCF PD SWAT medic completed the LE academy after all. :-) <---- Insert foot here and start chewing! Way to go kid, you have made the academy staff proud, good luck and stay safe (watch your back 360, looks like they come at you from all sides now days) out there!

actually you have to be over 55 and almost retired to get hired here.

i did some research and found out some very interesting things about the allegations made on this site. the ucf swat medic works for the fire department in brevard county, he works for an ambulance service in orlando, most interesting is that he teaches paramedics for the community college in brevard county. apparently he also serves on a federal medical response task force. i looked up his license online and he is an emt, paramedic, and has a license for dealing with insect stings which are all current and valid without discipline. he has all kinds of advanced training and is an instructor in allot of different public safety topics. looks like his experience dates back to 2002 and he has been employed by most of the same agencies for 7 years and he is an fto at some. looks like he has been sent to a ton of high profile events and worked as a medic. i dont know what everyone is talking about i am sure you can call these agencies and ask if he works there or not, but it is in fact legit. sorry to those who were hoping for something else.

Quote Originally Posted by ofc friendly
    i did some research and found out some very interesting things about the allegations made on this site. the ucf swat medic works for the fire department in brevard county, he works for an ambulance service in orlando, most interesting is that he teaches paramedics for the community college in brevard county. apparently he also serves on a federal medical response task force. i looked up his license online and he is an emt, paramedic, and has a license for dealing with insect stings which are all current and valid without discipline. he has all kinds of advanced training and is an instructor in allot of different public safety topics. looks like his experience dates back to 2002 and he has been employed by most of the same agencies for 7 years and he is an fto at some. looks like he has been sent to a ton of high profile events and worked as a medic. i dont know what everyone is talking about i am sure you can call these agencies and ask if he works there or not, but it is in fact legit. sorry to those who were hoping for something else.

Is this the medic tooting his own horn? Seems like a lot of info you couldn't just find on the internet.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast