HIRING
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: HIRING

HIRING

IS UCF HIRING POLICE OFFICER'S?

Hiring

We do not have anything posted... Keep looking. www.jobswithucf.com

Yep and we are a full service police dept. we even arrest our own officers.

You don't even need your hands to work at this department, we hire anybody!

All I can say is that I won't be callin for back up if this whole thing goes through... A cop without a hand? Are we ever going to learn our lesson? Hey, Medic, you are lucky enough we let you be the medic as hard as it is to believe, do us all a favor and grab a desk, leave it to those of us with two hands that can actually do it... Who are you fooling? Is it really time for a new chief already? OCSO, are you hiring? This rat hole will never learn, a bunch of newbies and cheap labor for hire... If we don't want to be called a campus security then lets start acting like a law enforcement agency... Or hell, why don't we just hire a bunch of people in wheel chairs to patrol campus, at least then we won't need to buy vehicles, and everyone will have a take home. I am done.

Quote Originally Posted by LEO4Hire
    All I can say is that I won't be callin for back up if this whole thing goes through... A cop without a hand? Are we ever going to learn our lesson? Hey, Medic, you are lucky enough we let you be the medic as hard as it is to believe, do us all a favor and grab a desk, leave it to those of us with two hands that can actually do it... Who are you fooling? Is it really time for a new chief already? OCSO, are you hiring? This rat hole will never learn, a bunch of newbies and cheap labor for hire... If we don't want to be called a campus security then lets start acting like a law enforcement agency... Or hell, why don't we just hire a bunch of people in wheel chairs to patrol campus, at least then we won't need to buy vehicles, and everyone will have a take home. I am done.
    Why are you guys always talking about our medic like that and using his disability against him. I bet that he could probably be a better cop than you. Don't take that has I agree with him going into law enforcement but you have no guts to just talk trash and put who you really are on here. It is always safer to hide behind the key board and talk trash. Its just typical of most people that work here just like a certain CPL. in training. lol

Alright ladies!

First and foremost, both of you are hiding behind your keyboards like a couple of little chatty school girls. It is not up to either of you to agree or disagree with why or who goes to any Academy. If someone has their heart set on going into Law Enforcement as a sworn officer, then he/she will do it. At least the medic has his heart in the right place... Obviously he is not wasting his time on here, he is actually out there trying to better himself and his community. Perhaps the two of you should follow in his example? Perhaps the only disability is your lack of ability to support your co-workers, friends, and family? I am going to close this by saying, Medic, this is the BS you have signed up to live and work with, I know you can do it; but are you sure you want to? Good luck and I look forward to seeing you at the Academy!

Quote Originally Posted by LEO4Hire
    Wow! Thanks to UCFPD for redefining the brotherhood my badge is supposed to exemplify... I get up every frickin' day and hit the streets of Orange County, not knowing exactly what the ending to my day will be like. I work with some of the bravest in this profession. I also work with some of the best EMS and Fire Personnel in this State. I know how difficult it is to become a Paramedic, it is more difficult than the LEO Academy, I can vouch for that... My wife is a Paramedic and my brother is serving as a combat medic in Iraq. So shame on any of you for coming on this gutless forum to bash somebody who probably has more heart and guts than all of you combined. I challenge all of you to just ride with a Paramedic for a day; you probably couldn't even handle that. This guy is ready to use everything he has to bring you home at the end of the day and you come on here and disgrace him? Dishonor my star? Dishonor our profession? God help him if he decides to stay with you or your department... You guys really need to think about what your badge means and why you put it on every day, remember who you represent, your whole family not just you or your department but ALL OF US! I say you are lucky enough he comes to work every day to be there in case you get hurt. What will you be saying when he is behind that desk and you have to wait 12 minutes for the nearest rescue to come stop your bleeding? I think you owe all of us an apology and more over you should shake your medic's hand every day and thank him for being there, because some day you may need him. You should support and help him become a sworn member of this profession, I know I would feel better every time I respond to a call knowing I have a medic on my squad that not only has my back but can help save it if I get in trouble! You are right, you are done!

Medic

Thank you Deputy. Please don't confuse a couple of idiots with the rest of us at UCF. We are trying to recover from a few tough years and the few we have like the above are making it real difficult. We all have the few that make us all look bad. Rest assured that we are there if you need us. I don't know if it is possible for our tactical medic to ever actually get hired as a police officer. It is his top priority. He is putting himself through the Academy with no help from the police dept. and inspite of a few fools, he will probably do a great job. Thanks again for the "dose of common sense".

Cadet with one hand

LEO13 et al:

You do not get it, you are one of those that I refer to, you should believe in everyone at your department that supports you while you do your job, you need to because one day they may help you keep it! Do not come on here and disgrace members of our family by showing your lack of confidence, come on here and show your support. If you do not support it (or think he will ever get a job in law enforcement) then do not say it! I cannot believe what this profession is coming to, I do not understand what this guy could possibly see in your department, the only people that have come on here from UCF PD have come on here to give half ass attempts to defend him and in turn are actually putting him down him. Well, I hope he knows what he is getting himself into. I say continue working as a paramedic, not because he will not succeed but because when he does succeed he has to deal with people who will not support him, I mean please do not get me wrong, I only thought our job was to back each other up and to help the public of whom do not know any better. What do I know? This will be my last post on this topic.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast