FAPE communications - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

lol internet.

Quote Originally Posted by John Wayne
    Well just by reading your post its no wonder your a veteran explorer YOU PROBABLY COULDNT PASS YOUR PHYSC.. your probably the loser that stood up at the daytona delegates and rambled on for 20 minutes about who knows what.... plain and simple this is the smartest this FAPE has done.... show me 10-7 im done w/ Leoaffairs.

Glad to know you can tell that much about a person by a post in a message board. And no I wasnt even at Daytona's Deleagates. But glad to see that you think someones a loser for standing up and voicing thier views. thats the problem with this association everyones to affraid to stand up and give thier views cause retards like you are gunna talk crap about them. But you still havnt given me a good reason just that its the smartest this FAPE has done.

Quote Originally Posted by John Wayne
    Well just by reading your post its no wonder your a veteran explorer YOU PROBABLY COULDNT PASS YOUR PHYSC.. your probably the loser that stood up at the daytona delegates and rambled on for 20 minutes about who knows what.... plain and simple this is the smartest this FAPE has done.... show me 10-7 im done w/ Leoaffairs.
    Glad to know you dont even care about the association to pay attention in the Meetins. Why do you even go? Your just wasting Space for an Explorer that actualy cares about the FAPE.

From what I have heard, it will be a 2 year transition to Semi's. I think they will start pushing more to start converting soon so that there is uniformity in the shooting competitions.

Unfortunately, some posts can't afford the new firearms that aren't provided by the department. I guess it is a new challenge to fund raise even more so that you can change with time.

It is an excellent idea switching to 9mm's, I wish it would have happened earlier though, as seeing a LEO carrying a revolver is a rare sighting.

Quote Originally Posted by Explorer

It is an excellent idea switching to 9mm's, I wish it would have happened earlier though, as seeing a LEO carrying a revolver is a rare sighting.
    What does it matter if LEOs carry Revolvers or not. we are not leos.

we get caught too much into the thinking that because a cop is using it we need to aswell. Oh well.

Quote Originally Posted by oh well

we get caught too much into the thinking that because a cop is using it we need to aswell. Oh well.
    Your right totally agree so lets all get back on our horse's and stop using patrol cars, no more radios, oh you defentally no "tasers" in competitation. When are you going to realize we are here to be FUTURE Leo's so lets train like they do!

[quote=John Wayne]
    Quote Originally Posted by "oh well":29gg4lc0

Your right totally agree so lets all get back on our horse's and stop using patrol cars, no more radios, oh you defentally no "tasers" in competitation. When are you going to realize we are here to be FUTURE Leo's so lets train like they do![/quote:29gg4lc0]

We Use Tazers in Competition? Wow I guess I missed that! Because I know I sure havnt used one in a Competition.

By the way were not talking about training or comps or what we use in them. We are talking about TARGET shooting. We dont use revolvers in Comps now silly we use RED or BLUE Mans. Shoot we dont even get fake pepper spray or asps.. Maybe we need to have the FAPE buy all this too so that way we can be more like the real officers. Oh lets not forget the cool sunglasses!! Hey lets bring this up in the Next Delegates meeting!!!!! Im sure we can get them to buy all this for us so we can look the real deal!!

the whole point of the explorer program is to learn what the deputies do, and if they carry semi's then wouldn't it make sense to shoot the same guns they do. or hey forget it lets just switch back to billy clubs, .38 specials, and caprice's.

the whole point of the explorer program is to learn what the deputies do, and if they carry semi's then wouldn't it make sense to shoot the same guns they do. or hey forget it lets just switch back to billy clubs, .38 specials, and caprice's.
    We do that in the Scenarios we do we train like the officers and use glocks or what not for our trainig in the scenario. But shooting comp is totally diffrent than the regular competition. The only reason people want to switch is because they think they look cool with the 9mm because thats what the officers carry. Everyone is quick to jump on my back and say well lets go back to the wild wild west then and what not, but NO ONE has been able to give a decent answer as to WHY we need to switch. Is the acuracy better with 9mm? Is it cheaper for the FAPE?

It's just a changing of the times. Some people will swear by it that a .38 has better accuracy than a 9mm, but its all about preference. Times are changing, I guess its like some LEO's reminisce about the days in their Chevy Caprice's but they had to give them up because the department was changing. It's a burden for our post because we now have to go allocate the resources for updating our arsenal. It would be practical just to stay with .38's but thats now how it works. It is about what the FAPE people want. Personally, I have shot hundreds of rounds through both guns and I prefer the 9mm because of the larger magazine and how it fits in my hands.

Bottom line its preference.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast