12 hour shift - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: 12 hour shift

I will work on it

ANSWER: I was advised by MOD 1 that there is not a way to merge 2 topics, but it should be available in the next update.

HOW MUCH MONEY WILL THIS REALLY PUT IN YOUR POCKET AFTER ITS ALL SAID AND DONE? HAS ANYBODY DONE THE MATH?

THE MORE YOU MAKE, THE MORE THEY TAKE (TAXES) AND ALONG WITH THE RISING COST OF LIVING IS ALL THIS REALLY WORTH IT? IS THIS REALLY GONNA MAKE US RICH?

THE HEADACHES ITS GONNA CAUSE FOR FAMILIES AND THEIR SCHEDULES, SCHOOL, COURT, DETAILS ETC.

SEEMS THE ONLY THING EVERYBODY CARES ABOUT IS A FEW EXTRA DOLLARS IN THEIR POCKET EVERY MONTH.

AT LEAST WE HAVE A 4TH DAY OFF EVERY OTHER WEEK TO CATCH UP ON ALL THE SLEEP WE LOST :roll:

Quote Originally Posted by IS IT REALLY WORTH IT?
    HOW MUCH MONEY WILL THIS REALLY PUT IN YOUR POCKET AFTER ITS ALL SAID AND DONE? HAS ANYBODY DONE THE MATH?

THE MORE YOU MAKE, THE MORE THEY TAKE (TAXES) AND ALONG WITH THE RISING COST OF LIVING IS ALL THIS REALLY WORTH IT? IS THIS REALLY GONNA MAKE US RICH?

THE HEADACHES ITS GONNA CAUSE FOR FAMILIES AND THEIR SCHEDULES, SCHOOL, COURT, DETAILS ETC.

SEEMS THE ONLY THING EVERYBODY CARES ABOUT IS A FEW EXTRA DOLLARS IN THEIR POCKET EVERY MONTH.

AT LEAST WE HAVE A 4TH DAY OFF EVERY OTHER WEEK TO CATCH UP ON ALL THE SLEEP WE LOST :roll:
    YES IT IS ...................................... :wink:

After a lengthy discussion this morning with both alpha/bravo guys, we all agreed that the $ is great but the hours for some will su@@. We all pretty much also agreed that having only two shifts (6a/p 7a/p) also suc%%. The intention to vote was also strange in that those who wanted it/didn't were totally for/against it with no midle ground. Bottom line, we dont want impasse but we are a long way from that . .

Lets be snart about this guys, we get mucho dinero and at the meeting they told us that theyr trying to make diffrent schedules to help people out that ths change affect. We need mo mo mo money brooooo so no say noooo

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    After a lengthy discussion this morning with both alpha/bravo guys, we all agreed that the $ is great but the hours for some will su@@. We all pretty much also agreed that having only two shifts (6a/p 7a/p) also suc%%. The intention to vote was also strange in that those who wanted it/didn't were totally for/against it with no midle ground. Bottom line, we dont want impasse but we are a long way from that . .
    you hit it square on the head. SOME it will s*&^ for. You will never get an offer(contract) that will make 100% happy. That never happens. ?? supplied a shift that had a 11a-11p option (works for him) and that may work for SOME, NOT all. Take the $$$$ and maybe we could afford to live here again. The 12s are coming, make the most out of it before you get little or nothing ($$) and STILL get the 12's. VOTE YES.............

screwed

Quote Originally Posted by some
    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    you hit it square on the head. SOME it will s*&^ for. You will never get an offer(contract) that will make 100% happy. That never happens. ?? supplied a shift that had a 11a-11p option (works for him) and that may work for SOME, NOT all. Take the $$$$ and maybe we could afford to live here again. The 12s are coming, make the most out of it before you get little or nothing ($$) and STILL get the 12's. VOTE YES.............
    Your right about the money but everyone gets a rasie and c shift is now been named by the guys as c shaft because thats how they feel. What they shouled have done was add a shift differantial to all the road guys who would work the new shift. Instead, by giving the same raise to everyone, people feel that theyre being f****ed. Why shoule an employee who is detached to the DEA get the same raise as someone whos life is being forcefully changed? And I dont blame anyone who gets the rasie because we bargain as a whoile.
    Before you slam me, put yourself in our position. I also know that there are people who cant go to 12s becuase of the unit they are in, well if your so for it, then resign and come to the road, we will soon have alot of openings. Otherwise, stop saying how for it you are yet you stay in your unit drooling for the pay raise while the road(all 3 shifts) have guys who this is good and su*** for . Also, no one i spoke with wants to go to impass so thats not even been talked bout.No matter what, stay safe.

There has been some talk about the shift proposal that I have submitted. Some positive and some negative. I will attempt to explain as best as I can. First of all it appears that the main sticking point in the contract is the 12 hour shift and the lack of variety in the hours that will be worked. Those of us on Charlie will be affected the most by the proposed change as we will be completely changing our lives, and not adding two hours to the shift we presently work as the case for Alpha & Bravo. Before I am accused of doing something that benefits JUST myself ( per 637's comments at a previous meeting), I will say that yes it does benefit me just as it benefits several others whom I have shown the schedule to. Had I received negative feedback it would not have been submitted.

The shift calls for an additional 16 officers to work a mid-day shift. The hours would be 1000-2200, or 1100-2300, or 1200-000, or any variation thereof. This would allow for the most coverage (day shift and mid-day squads) during the busiest times of the day i.e. 1400-1900. The proposal also is based on the squad concept. You will work every day with the same people and the same Sgt. You will also have fixed days off, which for some I am aware want rotating off days. As far as that goes, this is the last thing we have where seniority means anything, and eventually the rookies will have seniority and will enjoy the same benefit. With out going too far into this anymore, I am happy to make anyone a copy of this schedule and answer your questions personally.

This schedule was submitted as an attempt to get more people on board with the contract. The more variety that we have, the better chance we have in passing the contract. What the administration does after it's submitted is anyone's guess.

As I have said before, I am available to answer any questions you have. Most of you have my 88 and if you don't you can get it. I f I don't know the answer I will find it and not feed you the BS I think you want to hear.

English 101 please feel free to pick apart the above thread as you see fit.

SD

JN said you voting for the contract so since you like the other sheep bahhhh you are

the baoard sold out the new people good job

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast