Officer Ray Bunn

Officer Ray Bunn

I received a letter from the LELDF in Virginia regarding Ofc. R. Bunn. The letter, written by his wife, explains how he was indicted for murder by the Fulton County District Attorney three years after a shooting incident. According to the letter, it sounds like a good shoot. I'm inclined to donate to his defense fund and I would like get an opinion of Atlanta PD Officers.
    Stay safe.

I don't know the whole situation around the shooting. I do work for an agency in Fulton County and the DA, Paul Howard hates police. The only ones getting jail time in Fulton are police officers that get in trouble, or ones he thinks he can get a conviction on.

There has been many situations where an officer was cleared by GBI saying it was a good shooting, and Paul Howard still try to get them indicted. Howard has been known to drag this stuff along so it comes up close to election year when he attempts to make an indictment. That has been his call to fame, in the eyes of the public he can say "I don't tolerate police who violate the law."

We often joke here and say "crime is not illegal in Fulton County"

I don't know the case right off, but Paul Howard is a crooked, incompetent low-life. He'll spend hundreds of thousands to prosecute a cop who did the right thing, but nolle pros the best felony cases you could hope for.

Officer Ray Bunn

Thanks for the replies. Some S.A.'s/District Attorney's are more of a politician than an officer of the court. Hopefully they will encounter the same demise as the District Attorney who maliciously tried to prosecute the Duke Univerity LaCross team members. Altough his life as he knew it is over, I hope Ofc. Bunn prevails.