What can we do? - Page 7
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: What can we do?

I know Jody from when she use to do ride alongs with us back in the days. I will tell you what you do not have to like her tone or attitude but she will get right on top of things when you need it. I worked midnights and charlie shift for a while and talk about giving you a call history at a residence and othe further information she is on it. I like our dispatchers and just like you they all have bad days just like us. I like dispatchers with attitudes at least they get the job done. I can't understand why poeple are so sensitive about the dispatcher when you have citizens on the street telling you what a piece of cr-p you are or how you are racist. Since when did we become so this skined.

I have been around a long time and I have see jody and other cross reference calls gine information on BOLO's that mathc your traffic stop and so forth. There are some officers I can't understand in our department talking on the radio or talking to fast. I think part of trainning people should have to go to CDC and work along side of a dispatcher then you might truely appreciate them. Our job is not easy sometimes but nither is theirs. Just like when you here them laughing in the background and you here a police yelp when some keys up. It goes both ways but we need each other to survive.

This Really Preterbs ME

7) since when do Citizens On Patrol need brand new cars and radars. Lets give them re-striped 400 cars and use that money to get officers equipment they need i.e long rifles, and the new holsters and leather you want them to wear. Geez even the Z units dont have new cars and they actually handle calls.

The above was written by A Bit Newbie and I am going to go right at him or her. Unless you know the full story about how the cars were purchased for the COP Program which by the way Chief Standley is highly supportive of you need to apologize to them all. BTW the cars were purchased on a GRANT, not city money and I will tell you every time the men and women who VOLUNTEER would go to patrol this city the old cars that were used and mistreated by the Road Patrol had issues. Then on top of it all they would sit at the city garage for weeks to months on end and when we did finally get them back they were worse off before they went in. So I applaude the city in getting the COP VOLUNTEERS new vehicles and the next time they go out with you so you can clear to go handle a HIGH priority call then you ought to thank them, unless you want to milk the call until someone else goes because you dont want to get your hands dirty.

Give me a break

We don’t need volunteers we need cops to protect the public. How about we get rid of OOOna and send her and all her aarp peps to city hall to volunteer. All these people want to do is drive around and act like cops. A few of them are good people but most are nuts that we have to fire anyway. Remember 666 is in charge of them and they like him so take that hint. The only reason the chief is so supportive is he needs the PR to keep his job. The cars were not bought with a grant. If you watch the commission meetings or maybe you are not a resident like some of us they were bought with money cops seized from drugs.

This is really ridiculous

Quote Originally Posted by Givmabrk
    Ok....who told the COPs that we needed their help writing parking tickets? They jus want to be in on the action (wanna be cops!1)..Besides, what about the one that was fired for using the "n" word? and u think they deserve new cars? For what? And yes what about our z units that bust their tales when they come to work only to get slapped in the face? D*mit find them a grant then!!!! They are well deserving of newer cars, brand new cars if you ask me. I am appreciative of them, that's who i appreciate!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Give them a raise too... you got code enforcement that can't even use the radio making more than them, but that is our fearless leader's fault too!
    OK Givmabrk who asked you to bash the COP program. Those that took the training in writing parking tickets did so to further advance the program, not because the members felt that they needed to assist sworn law enforcement officers in issuing tickets. The cars were purchased on a GRANT and Chief Standley is highly supportive of the COP program and you should be too. Unfortunately this department will never truly experience how a COP program can benefit from them because not everybody from the Chief down to the newest officer believes in the program and that is what it takes to make a Citizen on Patrol program be successful. I have witnessed first hand what a true COP program is suppose to be run like. In fact the program I was a part of had an operating budget as a line item in their departments yearly budget. I dont see that ever happening here because again this department doesnt truly believe in the program although to the members faces they(the upper management) put on a great show.

Not very bright are we

Then please go to where they have an operating budget and leave. On the way out can you give the keys to your new non grant money cars to a CSA who really needs them. We dont need your help, it just creates more work for us. They could use help in public works or the parks. They have pelnty of golf carts to drive I hear.

Sorry for telling you how it is. Deal with it thats life in police work, sorry.

r u kidding me?

These COP volunteers come out here and help us fight crime in their neighborhoods. Last time I checked the crime stats here are on a constant climb. Your probably the first whiney ass to cry about how the road is so understaffed and you can't do your job. But here you are saying that "we don't need your help?" Speak for yourself idiot, we need all the help we can get. Thanks COP's, most of us appreciate your help.

Re: Not very bright are we

Quote Originally Posted by newbe
    Then please go to where they have an operating budget and leave. On the way out can you give the keys to your new non grant money cars to a CSA who really needs them. We dont need your help, it just creates more work for us. They could use help in public works or the parks. They have pelnty of golf carts to drive I hear.

Sorry for telling you how it is. Deal with it thats life in police work, sorry.
    Oh believe you me I would get the FuXX out of here if only I could. Newbe you are such a whinny Axx. How many times did you have to respond because a Whiskey unit needed a 94. Most of them avoid confrontation at all cost. Your right you may not need their help but they dont need to be run down by you either. BTW life in police work needs volunteers to complete the whole team. I know of an agency where the COP volunteers are quite highly respected and do more for their agency than you can ever imagine but its people like you that make COP programs die before they ever get started. You dont believe in them and that is your right but you are very insulting and you need to grow a set and go tell Chief that you dont want them around.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567