Uniform Commete

Thread: Uniform Commete

Uniform Commete

What's the point of a committee? I thought it was to come to a conclusion (at least the majority) to agree on something. Apparently that's not the case with our uniform committee. Apparently upper management believes they know what's best on the road since THEY are on the road on a regular basis. I have never seen a Lt. or above work the road even for a few hours just to see what the officers are experiencing. So why is it that they think the uniforms they gave us will benefit us more than what the committee suggested? Where are the cargo pockets or the comfortable polos? These cheap ass utilities we were issued don't even have a zipper! It would of cost the department a measly $4 bucks a shirt to add the zipper. Now the individual officer has to fork out at LEAST $15 a shirt to get the zipper put in. But they know what's better for the road officer as they sit in the AC all day thinking of ways to fix what’s not broken (like the new RETARDED monthlys which is another post altogether). Every other city is stepping up their aggressiveness; we are just to damn friendly to the savages in our community to do the same. God forbid we actually dressed comfortably while we deal with the shitbags in our beats. :cop:

good point about the monthlies

What a complete PITA the new form is. We still have to use the old omni form throughout the month because the new and improved one does not have a daily tally sheet. Then at the end of the month I have to sit and copy and paste from the old one into the new one which is no where near as user friendly... and wastes more of my valuable time. Time that could be better spent on actual Police work not shuffling around 44

Just pay Vinnie the 5hrs (or whatever he wanted) of OT he wanted to convert the new form into Omni or go back to the old one

as for the uniforms ...just continue to wear the old ones or join the committee yourself. apparently nobody volunteered except Mary