NORTHWEST GA!!!

Thread: NORTHWEST GA!!!

NORTHWEST GA!!!

Hello I have family living in Northwest Ga. in a city called Cartersville. The county is Bartow. Does anyone know of the police depts. in the area? How about Kennesaw and Rome? Are these good PD's or a waste of time...Thanks...Also what is the average rate for a certified officer starting in Ga? Thanks

Within that area, I think your best bet would be check out Cobb County Police Department. The pay isn't so bad and I hear it is a very affluent community.

Re: NORTHWEST GA!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Hello I have family living in Northwest Ga. in a city called Cartersville. The county is Bartow. Does anyone know of the police depts. in the area? How about Kennesaw and Rome? Are these good PD's or a waste of time...Thanks...Also what is the average rate for a certified officer starting in Ga? Thanks
    Kennesaw is a good department to work for. Issued take home cars, rifles and back ups issued. More equipment than I can list. Pay is competitive. 12 hour schedules.

Cobb County PD is a good department, but they are exceptionally clique-ish. If you don't fit the mold, you won't last long. Good pay and equipment, no take homes.

I've known some cops at Smyrna PD, and they seem to like it there. Can't tell you much more than that.

Don't know much about Carterville/Bartow Co. I've heard good things about Cherokee Co. SO.

Good luck!

Cherokee County SO

I am currently living just north of Cherokee County but find myself in Cherokee County all the time. I have had several talks with many Cherokee County Deputies at various events. Every one of the Deputies has talked very highly of the department and the Sheriff. From training to equipment. They all say the Sheriff is well liked and backs his Officers. This is a great compliment as I came from an agency that the guys were always disgruntled and complaining about something. It is a growing agency with tremendous community growth. I was very impressed and I am someone who is not impressed easily. Good luck in your search .