Glock - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Glock

Quote Originally Posted by Glockamatic
    Glocks are great! Ask William Lozano!!!!!
    Your right ask him. THe gun is great he was just a dope that didn't use it properly!

Re: McDuffie a page for MDPD

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Quote Originally Posted by WD-40
    Dude.If you find it necessary to speak about past events, at leat get your facts straight.
    You Have mixed the McFuffy incident, 1980 (Kel-Lights) with the Lozano screw-up (Glock)
    Ps.
    Willie Lozano is a great guy, but he is better off out of this line of work.
    If we are going to cite perhaps the worst civil disturbance to hit Miami-Dade County, let's do it right. It was the Arthur McDuffie disturbances; too many innocent people died as a result of that flare-up! We [MDPD] was so unprepared; so out of the loop, that Miami PD had to rescue our command staff from the 1420 NW 14 Street Building!
    It went down on a saturday. And when was the command staff anywhere near 14 st on a weekend? The 25 detectives trapped were very happy to see the city on 14 st that night. And if that was a "flare up", what do you call murder, looting, arson and firefights with snipers? 82 riots were a "flare up" if you count only St Neville of Overtown getting his forehead parted when he grabbed a 25 auto on his side. Yes the herald never printed that part, did they.

Lets see now:
    The City Of Miami had to get the trapped Detectives out of HQ
    The City Of Hialeah had to get the officers trapped in Northside
    Were all the PSD people at Dunking Doughnuts?

Dude, catch up with the times. They are MIAMI-dade now.

Yeah, but they were PSD then.
    But you are right, its hard to keep up with the agency name on a particular month.
    They must be suffering from some type of identity crisis.
    How about the Dade County Sherrif's Office, now that has a nice ring to it.

The only thing that former mayor Alex Penis-less ever did was change the name to Miami-Dade county and know he's proud of that.

The name change game was started by politico who hated being asked "where is dade county?". They tried to change 2-3 times before they succeeded by having the vote in august, when lots of folks are on vacation. And the bosses on 25 st, HATE the new name.

Re: Glock

My Brother-in-law works up at Palm Beach County Sheriff's Office (PBSO).
    The new guys are required to purchase the Glock 22 (.40cal). They can also get the Glock 27 (mini .40cal) as a backup.
    Deputies who already had other weapon systems are grandfathered in, but if they make a new purchase, it must be the Glock (.40cal)

Personally I like the Glock .40, but would rather have the .45cal.
    Their Sheriff is in the process of issuing both Glocks for on-duty and off-duty. They already issue every Deputy a AR-15 and shotgun.

I prefer the HK, but Glocks are nice.

The new guys are required to purchase the Glock 22 (.40cal). They can also get the Glock 27 (mini .40cal) as a backup.
    Deputies who already had other weapon systems are grandfathered in, but if they make a new purchase, it must be the Glock (.40cal)

Their Sheriff is in the process of issuing both Glocks for on-duty and off-duty. They already issue every Deputy a AR-15 and shotgun.

One of the many benefits of being led by an elected Sheriff. The Sheriff's first duty is to his deputies, providing them the tools to effectively and safely do their job. Funds for accessories like AR15 can come for LETF, grants or other sources. What is needed is will to support your troops, period!

If we [LEOs] are to be on par with the street terrorists' AK47, I prefer the AR10 .308 caliber.

Quote Originally Posted by B-4-L

One of the many benefits of being led by an elected Sheriff. The Sheriff's first duty is to his deputies, providing them the tools to effectively and safely do their job. Funds for accessories like AR15 can come for LETF, grants or other sources. What is needed is will to support your troops, period!

If we [LEOs] are to be on par with the street terrorists' AK47, I prefer the AR10 .308 caliber.
    You hit the nail on the head

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast