FHP in PASCO today...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

FHP in PASCO today...

WoW...Today while traveling east bound on S.R 54/ Gunn Hwy. I observed 9 Troopers on 10-50's....It seemed like a major S4 from the distance, however, when I arrived at the intersection I was able to see each trooper had a different vehicle stopped....One of my buddies told me that he noticed 2 troopers on S.R 52 and 1 leaving LOL CCJ....Pasco is normally lucky to have 2 Troopers working the entire county at one time.....Was today a special day? Look forward to seeing more pro-active POLICE work like this!!!!! Good job FHP Troop C, Tampa!!!!

Thank you to all LEO's for all that you do! Be safe!

-Aspiring to become a Trooper

Re: FHP in PASCO today...

Quote Originally Posted by Pro Law Enforcement
    WoW...Today while traveling east bound on S.R 54/ Gunn Hwy. I observed 9 Troopers on 10-50's....It seemed like a major S4 from the distance, however, when I arrived at the intersection I was able to see each trooper had a different vehicle stopped....One of my buddies told me that he noticed 2 troopers on S.R 52 and 1 leaving LOL CCJ....Pasco is normally lucky to have 2 Troopers working the entire county at one time.....Was today a special day? Look forward to seeing more pro-active POLICE work like this!!!!! Good job FHP Troop C, Tampa!!!!

Thank you to all LEO's for all that you do! Be safe!

Dont get too excited. Normally when you see a huge amount of units in one spot it is "detail". They bring in every trooper on duty from the surrounding area and either do a speed detail, red light detail, or some other kind of detail like a DL checkpoint. Normally after about 1 hour 20 calls are holding so they much break up the detail. I know of no one that likes these details because usually we must stop anything that looks at us wrong merely so we can get some stats to turn in. I always say they should give us all undercover cars if they want to see some REAL stats on a regular basis.

Three Ring Circus in Pasco County

Unfortunately while it may look impressive to see 9 or 10 patrol cars all in one spot writing tickets that’s about all it is “looks impressive”. Like the last post stated they pull every available unit from anywhere and everywhere so they can put on a show. Mean while the crashes start piling up and there are no Troopers for 4 counties except in that one spot. Typical FHP, all smoke, mirrors and propaganda. If you truly are an aspiring Trooper as your original post stated, do yourself a favor and don’t buy into the hype, but then again as exited as you seem to be over seeing this dog and pony show today you are just what the Patrol is looking for. Good luck kid.

Re: Three Ring Circus in Pasco County

Quote Originally Posted by Ring Master
    Unfortunately while it may look impressive to see 9 or 10 patrol cars all in one spot writing tickets that’s about all it is “looks impressive”. Like the last post stated they pull every available unit from anywhere and everywhere so they can put on a show. Mean while the crashes start piling up and there are no Troopers for 4 counties except in that one spot. Typical FHP, all smoke, mirrors and propaganda. If you truly are an aspiring Trooper as your original post stated, do yourself a favor and don’t buy into the hype, but then again as exited as you seem to be over seeing this dog and pony show today you are just what the Patrol is looking for. Good luck kid.
    Oh I see...Much like many other Florida "Law Enforcement" agencies. The idea of having several units in one area, or a saturation if you will makes for good public recognition. (( Anything to appease the Citizens )) In my opinion politics/ politicians have no business in law enforcement. I feel that Sheriff's should be appointed, not elected and I believe that promotions should be earned, not given. I thought FHP was a little more "hard core" and a little less political. I guess I was wrong.

Your right sir ( Ring Master ) I am excited and looking forward to a career in law enforcement. Understand that the Patrol provides and excellent opportunity for me considering it is one of the few agencies that will actually sponsor a LEO Academy. I appreciate your input and will keep it fresh in my mind. Any further information on the Patrol would be more than appreciated, especially if you could share some insight on the FHP Academy. Thank You !

Be Safe out there!!

Re: Three Ring Circus in Pasco County

[quote=Pro Law Enforcement]
    Quote Originally Posted by "Ring Master":28ungvor
    Oh I see...Much like many other Florida "Law Enforcement" agencies. The idea of having several units in one area, or a saturation if you will makes for good public recognition. (( Anything to appease the Citizens )) In my opinion politics/ politicians have no business in law enforcement. I feel that Sheriff's should be appointed, not elected and I believe that promotions should be earned, not given. I thought FHP was a little more "hard core" and a little less political. I guess I was wrong.

Your right sir ( Ring Master ) I am excited and looking forward to a career in law enforcement. Understand that the Patrol provides and excellent opportunity for me considering it is one of the few agencies that will actually sponsor a LEO Academy. I appreciate your input and will keep it fresh in my mind. Any further information on the Patrol would be more than appreciated, especially if you could share some insight on the FHP Academy. Thank You !

Be Safe out there!!

-Aspiring to become a Trooper[/quote:28ungvor]

Go to a community college and get certified there. DO NOT waste your time with FHP. I hate to say it because we need the people, but this is a dying agency that you will most likely be trying to leave after a few years. Spend those first few years with an agency you will be staying with for a long time, not one you cant wait to leave.

What you saw was a speed detail involving our airplane, and a group of Troopers from all over Troop C. They started a new enforcement detail that will probably be done once a month. They took one Trooper from each district plus one Sergeant and worked as a group all over the Troop. So far, the guys doing the detail have enjoyed it. The other benefit is that the detail works 10 hours shifts with Friday, Saturday, and Sunday off. It hasn't hurt our manpower too much because each district only loses one guy for one week.

Dirty Dozen Detail

We used to do the same type of detail in the early and mid 70's in Troop C. We referred to it to the news media as a "Dirty Dozen" or "Wolfpack" details. I would guess that FHP could not use that language today as it would not be politically correct. As I recall, Pasco, Hernando and Citrus counties were "bountiful" in reference to UTC's.

Here's how the Patrol needs to deal with the manpower issue:
    Make the SLUGS work the S4
    Let the Road Man work the details
    Plain and simple!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Road Man
    Here's how the Patrol needs to deal with the manpower issue:
    Make the SLUGS work the S4
    Let the Road Man work the details
    Plain and simple!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Go ahead big timer. Have fun writing those 10 mph over tickets.

Road Man, you're an IDIOT. Let's look at the stratgey of the management on this. Let's see, take one guy off of an already short squad for an entire week and make them go to other counties to write tickets at 10 over. Nice. You think the slugs are going to work more S4's. LOL, the so called slugs will only work what they have been working. Don't you get it, morale is at an all time low with this piss poor management we have. those working bankers hours don't give a rats @#$%^$@#$ what happens when they are at home. They play monday morning quarterback. if something happens on friday night, and you make the call, they say do the reports and they will see it monday or tuesday morning. nice. Squads remain short, districts reward those writing 100 tickets a week (these are the same tprs who go x50 X-ray when dispatch calls to send them to another call, and they go x15 when they really don't want to work for FR susp.) So who are the real slugs? customer service is in MY THOUGHTS. lets slam the motoring public, instead of responding to calls, changing tires, & helping others. AGAIN YOU MY FRIEND ARE AN IDIOT, STOP DRINING THE KOOL AIDE.........

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast