hiring

Thread: hiring

hiring

If you were looking for a police job in any area north of atlanta, which agencies would you consider and why?

Check out Cheroke County, City of Alpharetta, and a new City, Johns Creek... very progressive with a a huge area of high end homes, shopping ceneters, etc. You wont be board. Also check out Forsyth County.. North of Atlanta... great area to live, work and play. Close to the Mountains... It is definetly different in Ga. including the laws. Depends where you came from in S. Fl., you will have to change to Ga ways. They still have Coroners and go to Grand Jurys for everything. If I can help you, let me know . I will contact you at another e-mail or phone number. They are craving experienced LEOS who have a lot of big city training. Good thing is they dont have Depos...

Hiring

I was looking at this site, and was wondering if there is any need for Corrections Officers in Forsyth County. I'm looking to move towards Ellijay or Blairsville from southwest Florida. I am dual certified for florida, but have the most experience in the jail. I really like the area up there, but am not ready to retire just yet. Also, could you give me a little insight on the pay. I realize it doesn't match here, but that's fine. I'm just looking to get away from this area. Thanks for any help you might give, stay safe!!!

Check with Forsyth, Hall or Cherokee Counties.. you are talking a big difference between Blairsville and Ellijay. Try the area just north of SR 369 at the Oaks, on Yellow Creek Rd. Just outside of Big Canoe. You can get 3 cares of land and a home for the high 200's to mid 300's.. or if you like Ellijay, a great builder has homes on 1 acre for the high 100's to low 200's..The best advice is to go to each counties website and check it out for yourself. Also you will need to check out the Georgia POST certification process. You can go to their website and start the process as you will probably need to do a 5 week cross over academy. A new city Johns Creek is hiring around Dec or the first of the year.. nice city, high end homes.. centrally located. I will check back, you just need to be sure what area you want to go first.. this is not a Union State.. and civilians can go to the DA's office and take a warrant out for a P/O if they think he did something wrong.. blows my mind. They are behind several years but the people, views, and family life is great. No place to really party like Fl.. just depends on what you want!

Thanks for the reply. It's going to be a little while before I can make the move, but I just wanted to get some insight on the possibilities. I left the agency back in june, because I was hired on as a bodyguard for an individual in Naples. We were involved in an auto accident this past sept. in New York and I have to have rotator cuff surgery at the end of the month. It will be three to six months of therapy, then I'm not sure if I will be brought back on due to liabilities( no back-up ). As far as the party life, I'm not into that, just riding my motorcycle up there in the mountains will be excitement enough. The part you said about the people and views is what really convinces me to move there. My wife and I are just about fifty and we are looking forward to some peace of mind on my days off. I'm a big guy and hit the gym, so I'm not ready for the pasture yet, but a little slower pace of life sounds good. We plan to get up there as soon as I recover enough from the surgery to check things out. I wrote down the info that you gave and will be checking it out on-line. Thanks again and stay safe out there!!!!!

Get with me when you get here and stay in touch ... I also ride Midnight Royal Star Venture! Miss riding to all the events in Florida... Leesburg, Keys, Etc.
    I will keep you posted as to what is going on.. I also retired last year from South FL... looking at some agencies as we speak.. Florida and in Georgia....at 53, I am too young to rock on the porch... Where I live people are real nice and laid back..