Political Nepotism
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Political Nepotism

How is that that all the same group of people keep getting shuffled around and promoted all the time? Doesn't mater how lousy they are at their job but they always land on their feet, usually making more bucks? What a joke.

True words but the reality is the process won't ever change because there is no incentive to change it. There are no shortage of campaign contributors who are able to purchase influence (positions) for themselves or their friends/relatives. Then you have the friends of those who raise enough money to get elected. They all need jobs. Then you have their friends. They need jobs too. The beauty of the Florida system is it's simplicity. An appointee only has to please one person - the one who gave them the position. When the appointee finds themselves in over their head, all they need to do is tell their benefactor how messed up things are - and like magic - they are gone but reappear somewhere else to start the process all over again. There are certainly exceptions to this, but I can't think of any right now. Maybe you can.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    True words but the reality is the process won't ever change because there is no incentive to change it. There are no shortage of campaign contributors who are able to purchase influence (positions) for themselves or their friends/relatives. Then you have the friends of those who raise enough money to get elected. They all need jobs. Then you have their friends. They need jobs too. The beauty of the Florida system is it's simplicity. An appointee only has to please one person - the one who gave them the position. When the appointee finds themselves in over their head, all they need to do is tell their benefactor how messed up things are - and like magic - they are gone but reappear somewhere else to start the process all over again. There are certainly exceptions to this, but I can't think of any right now. Maybe you can.

I really can't think of any, except if they keep that new interim sheriff at BSO.

Re: Political Nepotism

How is that that all the same group of people keep getting shuffled around and promoted all the time? Doesn't mater how lousy they are at their job but they always land on their feet, usually making more bucks? What a joke.
    Of whom are you speaking? Cindy? Thank Wheeler for that one. Henry is probably happy.

Re: Political Nepotism

Quote Originally Posted by Guest11
    Of whom are you speaking? Cindy? Thank Wheeler for that one. Henry is probably happy.
    Well YES for them. What about the "Levines" ? Don't forget Vergadomo.

Think Twice Before Starting a Relationship with Your Boss

In some workplaces, this is strictly verboten, but even if it is permissible, beware. If later on, you dump your boss, he may retaliate. For example, "I need you to do this extra work." "Sorry, I can't let you take an extra 15 minutes for lunch." "No, I won't give you any extra resources." The opportunities for torturing you are endless.

In fairness, sometimes a relationship with a boss can yield special privileges, like a corner office. Even if the boss decides to end the relationship, he may give you a promotion or another perk to reduce the risk that you'll file a grievance. One study found that 64 percent of women who had a romantic relationship with their boss reported that, as a result, their work situation improved.
    Keep It Quiet

I know, I know. When you're in love, it's tempting to tell everyone in the office. That's a mistake. From then on, the two of you will be under the microscope. It's even dangerous if the two of you are peers. For example, if you're seen helping your sweetie out with work, someone else who also needs your help may go to the boss and complain you're playing favorites.

"But," you protest, "the chemistry between us is so obvious that everyone already knows we're having a relationship." Chances are, many coworkers don't know. They're wrapped up in themselves; they're not monitoring the vibes between every twosome who walks by. Other coworkers may suspect but can't be sure. If you confirm your relationship to just one person, chances are the whole office will know within 24 hours. And it takes just one disgruntled coworker to make your life miserable. Until it's time to send the wedding invitations, keep the relationship to yourselves.

Have Fun

Actually, the office is a pretty darn good place to meet a romantic partner. Unlike in a bar, where you pick mainly on impulse and an alcohol-impaired chat, at work you get to see more of what a person is really like. So you're more likely to find your valentine at the office water cooler than a barstool.

Just follow these five rules to reduce your risk and then focus on having a great time. Being in love is wonderful -- take it from me. I had an office romance and lived to tell the tale. In fact, I married her.

I don't understand. Is someone having an affair with the boss? And which boss do you mean? :?

// a little birdie told me that a person in a command position may have been involved at one time with someone else in a supervisory position not necessarily now. //

//but is that what we are talking about here?//

//has anyone heard this story too?//

Look EVERYONE knows about it Everyone is jus afraid to say it. This is not something new. There is only so long that things like this can go on before the truth comes to bear. Those people who get ahead because of who they know (and how) whill all bexposed one day and then they will lose the respect they need to run the show. WHe that happens they go work in the rprivate sector. :wink: :wink:

Going to the private sector is one option - some go to other agencies

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast