FOPE UNION NEEDS TO BE FIXED FAST!

FOPE UNION NEEDS TO BE FIXED FAST!

Can anyone from the FOPE please tell us WHEN ARE WE (The membership)GOING TO VOTE ON REPS AND UNION LEADERSHIP POSITIONS???
    What's wrong with this picture? The President of our FOPE Union (Pat)and all its representatives are never up for election?? What kind of accountability is that?? Don't get me wrong, I'm an FOPE member. But I think we, the membership, need to address this problem. This lousy excuse of a contract we just "approved" (wink wink) is the last straw.
    I mean, was there any kind of intensive negotiations?? Was there some amount of give / take with the new Sheriff?? It seems to me, and a whole lot of other deputies, that the Sheriff just said... Take it or leave it!! It's all one-sided! And of course, our excellent negotiating team just accepted it. And everyone else just accepts things the way they are because our Union says "Oh, it's a good contract. We suggest you vote for it"
    We need to fix this problem within the FOPE fast!! I'm not bashing the union, but simply trying to highlight something that's seriously wrong with it. And it's because I care about our union, I want to fix our union.
    Does anyone out there have any thoughts on this?? Is it just me?

Don't even waste your time arguing it. The last time someone asked why the union reps aren't elected , "FOPE SUPPORTER" stated that they are picked because they are people loyal to the union, that care and are responsible. Who needs to democratic process, at least according to him?

Well If the Union doesn't think we need a democratic process, then we should get another union. I mean, I would like to fix the union we already have. But if the Union is so arrogant that it doesn't "trust" the membership to elect quality people to lead them... What else can we do ?? Who does the Union work for?? Do we work for them, or do THEY WORK FOR US??