Shifts

Thread: Shifts

Shifts

What type of shifts do you guys work? 8,10 or 12 and how are the days on/off structured? Thanks.

shifts

12's 2on 3 off 2 on 2 off every other weekend is a 3 dayoff

Thanks, what about OT, you guys able to earn any other than off duty work?

We get some, but it's limited. Details pay really well, though.

10-4. What's this I hear about take home cars and not getting one until after three years of service? That's completely different than other SO's. What type of handguns/shotguns and or rifles are you guys issued?

yes take home cars come at or about 3 years. you share with one other person, but if your working the next day and you want to leave your personal car at the station your permitted to take the marked car home, but on days off it has to be at the station.

How many hours per week do u work?

And when does ot kick in. I hear that some of the Sheriff's offices in the south work 43 hours and don't get ot untill after two weeks work period.

TMI

Lot's of questions that you would be better off going in to the department and sitting down with someone who can respond to them. I know you guy's are trying to be helpful but if you can take a little advice from someone that works at another agency, keep in mind that this is a public forum. Criminal operations, most often street gangs, like to gather information regarding department shifts, take home vehicle policies, and weapons carried. They use the information to plan crimes at shift change when officers are slower to respond and the take home vehicle information is useful to plan burglaries to officers homes. If they know how your plan works they know when you work. Your own gang unit can confirm the dangers of giving out this information. For your own safety remember the bad guys read this stuff too. Your mod might want to delete this entire section.

Stay safe my brothers and sisters, and have a good new year.

Stripe (BPD)

Finally, thank you Stripe.

I was wondering when you were gonna give the guy your home phone, social, checking account number, and jock size! GEEZ