parody DLE AND DOD NOW
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

parody DLE AND DOD NOW

WE deserve parody, we in Detention work as hard or harder then road patrol. Sheriff you know this cause you came from the jail...please....... :lol:

It's parity.

Re: parody DLE AND DOD NOW

Quote Originally Posted by Mad Man Mo
    WE deserve parody, we in Detention work as hard or harder then road patrol. Sheriff you know this cause you came from the jail...please....... :lol:
    I worked in the jail and when I was there, I thought so too. After transfering to the road, I changed my mind on that topic. I have worked both side and could not disagree more. I know it's tough in there but when I was in there, I never went to a guy with a gun call, searched anything in the dark, had to take the risk of being shot, taken the responsibility of a high speed chase, stood in the rain, answered calls during a hurricane....... Need I say more ? I know your job is a tough one but they are not even close to the same pay grade.

UMMMMM YEAH OK

You wish you were a jailer.... you have no gun in there...it takes a real man to work the jail......

It is very simple, when you applied for a job as a jailer, you could have looked at what a jailer makes and what a road guy makes. You made the decision to be a jailer. Your job does not require what our jobs do. Everyone wants parity, I am sure if you ask people at McDonalds if they would like to make what doctors make the answer would be yes. But the jobs are not comparable, which is the same as comparing a jailer's job to a road guys job.

Mad Man Mo, I am a detention deputy also. Please do not post anything else. You are making us look like idiots. We do not deserve parity. If you want the extra three thousand dollars, apply for the road or work overtime. I have already made $24,000 in overtime this year.

STOP IT!!

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    It's parity.
    No, actually it is parody...

It's parity.
    No, actually it is parody...
    Hmmmmmmmmm.. How many road patrol deputies have been killed in the last 5 years..and how many jailers have been killed in the same period of time... Your kidding me right.. Get a life you make more on OT than we do.. How about this... you give us the authority to work the jail for that OT and you can get parity. Deal.. Now go make it happen..

If you are not scared of being locked in a unit with 70 knuckleheads, by all means, "Come on down."

If you are not scared of being locked in a unit with 70 knuckleheads, by all means, "Come on down."
    I have worked both dude.. Don't tell me about working a housing unit vs the street. There is no comparison... You guys should not get parity.. the risk are not the same.. I am sure when I worked the jail in 87-90 you were still playing with your GI joe set. You still probably are.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast