PBA MEETING

Thread: PBA MEETING

PBA MEETING

It is nice to see that the new officers will benefit so greatly from our PBA contract, yet those with more than 5 years get screwed yet again. The USF team is shining a turd yet again to appeal to the mass when it is really a snake offer in disguise.

And if you all agree to not opening wages for three years then you all have a problem on your hands.

And the reason I say "YOU" is because the new officers out number anyone else so what they secretly vote will go.

Hope you brought a life raft...this ship is sinking !!!!

Contract

The issue of the offer being unfair to officers that had more than 5 years here was brought up at the meeting by a member with less than 5 years. So don't write off the "new" people, we hear you and support you.

The University has, in my opinion, tailored this offer to "buy" the support of the "under 5" majority. They want to settle this issue ASAP, and have padded the offer from the bottom up. This offer in no way addresses recuitment of new officers (same starting salary as before )or the retention of the "over 5" members from leaving. In fact it would be cheaper for USF to let the senior members leave for greener pastures and keep hiring new officers at a low pay range and cuffing them to the 3 year service contract.

USF is clearly trying to split us. I, as one of the under five, am totally against this unfair offer and will gladly show my Negative ballot to anyone .

stick together

Your only power in these negotiations is to stick together... be fearless and cohesive! You have the support of so many people! Stay safe! W

Re: PBA MEETING

Quote Originally Posted by SENIOR OFFICER
    It is nice to see that the new officers will benefit so greatly from our PBA contract, yet those with more than 5 years get screwed yet again. The USF team is shining a turd yet again to appeal to the mass when it is really a snake offer in disguise.

And if you all agree to not opening wages for three years then you all have a problem on your hands.

And the reason I say "YOU" is because the new officers out number anyone else so what they secretly vote will go.

Hope you brought a life raft...this ship is sinking !!!!
    I'm new and I agree with ed. I support Officers that have been here longer than me. This agency has a lot of good officers and we must stay together on this. I want to follow the advise from UCF and hold up signs. Lets keep the pressure on. This ship is not sinking.

My vote will be "no". This negotiation has to be fare to everybody.

I AGREE, ALTHOUGH THE VOTE WOULD BE UPWARDS TO 6000 IN MY POCKET, IT IS NOT FAIR TO THE 4 AND OVER OFFICERS. WE HAVE TAKEN IT THIS FAR, AND ED IS RIGHT WE SHOULD TAKE IT ALL THE WAY TILL WE ALL GET WHAT WE WANT.

MY VOTE.......NO