County Wide PD
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: County Wide PD

County Wide PD

With the moral so bad in Ft Lauderdale and Hollywood and the new change of command n BSO it would be a good time to consider a county wide police department. The first thing that should happen though is to unmerge the fire dept from the law enforcement side. They do not belong together.

true

I had a pleasant conversation with 2 FLPD sgts last night on the boarded of Dist 5. Both stated that a BSO take over of FLPD would be the best thing for FLPD. They stated that their administration is horrible and that they both support Lamberti.

I could have told you that my wife is a PO with Ft. Lauderdale. The only problem is the politics will not allow that and they don't know who our future sheriff will be. The jury is still out..

Re: County Wide PD

Quote Originally Posted by County Wide Police
    With the moral so bad in Ft Lauderdale and Hollywood and the new change of command n BSO it would be a good time to consider a county wide police department. The first thing that should happen though is to unmerge the fire dept from the law enforcement side. They do not belong together.
    Please stop with this nonsense. It was bad enough when we were forced to take the Pompano Beach P.D. on, but can you imagine having to take FLPD on also and straighten out that department ?

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Please stop with this nonsense. It was bad enough when we were forced to take the Pompano Beach P.D. on, but can you imagine having to take FLPD on also and straighten out that department ?
    Growing pains but well worth the result for the future.

Re: true

Quote Originally Posted by Skoal
    I had a pleasant conversation with 2 FLPD sgts last night on the boarded of Dist 5. Both stated that a BSO take over of FLPD would be the best thing for FLPD. They stated that their administration is horrible and that they both support Lamberti.
    I heard a few FLPD guys say that if they don't get a good contract the city will have no other choice but to go with BSO.

County wide PD. It might happen some day.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Just imagine how good things would be to get 500 to 1000 more officers and the opportunities that would be available. Plus I know alot of FLP guys and they are good cops who take care of each other.

I love the idea, although the rich cities like Coral Springs and Pines will NEVER turn County, they have too much special interest in keeping their own city officers to boss around. Is FLPD seriously considering coming over?...Man that would be great, I respect that department and it would be great to join together and stop all the nit picking at each other.

FLPD = pure garbage

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast