In Memory of a Brother

In Memory of a Brother

I read this in the Sun-Sentinel today and wanted to pass it on to all concerned LE people. It is from what seems to be your average street patrol guy with some real heartfelt sentiments. Please read it and pass it on. It kind of says it all about the LE world we live in:
    Thanks,

A Friend

"I read another story today in the Sun-Sentinel about a WTC flag being used to honor one of my slain BSO brethern and his family. Yet it sickened me to read some of the blogger comments actually having the gaul to criticize the ceremoney and criticize Sheriff Lamberti for presiding over it and doing what a true leader SHOULD do. Respect and honor his troops and their families. It amazes me how ignorant some people are to make any negative comments about an honorable event like this. You ignorant detractors should be honored that that flag is unfortunately flying at half mast in memorium over Broward County. Don't you people get it? ONE OF US WAS KILLED! Do we, as just little guys protecting the people every day in the ever growing Florida war-zone, deserve any less? You insensitive and inhumane individuals don't have the personal constitution to take a bullit to protect someone else that you are sworn to protect. Perfect strangers, but we do it anyway. HAVE SOME RESPECT or just go somewhere else, PLEASE. I and my brethern are sick and tired of you. "

Re: In Memory of a Brother

Quote Originally Posted by A Friend of LE
    I read this in the Sun-Sentinel today and wanted to pass it on to all concerned LE people. It is from what seems to be your average street patrol guy with some real heartfelt sentiments. Please read it and pass it on. It kind of says it all about the LE world we live in:
    Thanks,

A Friend

"I read another story today in the Sun-Sentinel about a WTC flag being used to honor one of my slain BSO brethern and his family. Yet it sickened me to read some of the blogger comments actually having the gaul to criticize the ceremoney and criticize Sheriff Lamberti for presiding over it and doing what a true leader SHOULD do. Respect and honor his troops and their families. It amazes me how ignorant some people are to make any negative comments about an honorable event like this. You ignorant detractors should be honored that that flag is unfortunately flying at half mast in memorium over Broward County. Don't you people get it? ONE OF US WAS KILLED! Do we, as just little guys protecting the people every day in the ever growing Florida war-zone, deserve any less? You insensitive and inhumane individuals don't have the personal constitution to take a bullit to protect someone else that you are sworn to protect. Perfect strangers, but we do it anyway. HAVE SOME RESPECT or just go somewhere else, PLEASE. I and my brethern are sick and tired of you. "
    You have to understand we allow criminals to use the internet at the jails and prison.

Re: In Memory of a Brother

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Quote Originally Posted by A Friend of LE
    Thanks,

A Friend

You have to understand we allow criminals to use the internet at the jails and prison.
    You have to ignore these type of people. They do it intentionally to get a reaction. Not enough hugs from mommy you know. Just stand tall. We only have ourselves to count on, not John Q. Citizen. Always remember that.

Sgt Reyka

Today Deerfield Beach District donated $2070.00 the the Sheriff's Foundation in the Name of Sgt. Reyka. This was money donated by the deputies, CSA's and Civilians. Sheriff Lamberti was at the office to accept the check. This is true brotherhood. Good Job Deerfield Beach.

GOOD JOB D-10