Newest Deputy Chief - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Guest 08 must be sniffing around it to. If you don't have anything to offer in the way of career advancement or possibly are of some great lineage you should probably sniff elsewhere. I really don't understand why all you people are so enthralled by something that any of you can buy your own wife or girlfriend for about $5,000. Work some O/T and make it happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Guest 08 must be sniffing around it to. If you don't have anything to offer in the way of career advancement or possibly are of some great lineage you should probably sniff elsewhere. I really don't understand why all you people are so enthralled by something that any of you can buy your own wife or girlfriend for about $5,000. Work some O/T and make it happen.
    ?

SIG 48
    SIG 22D
    ASK AROUND....
    PULL THE APPLICATION AND THE POLYGRAPH... OF THATS RIGHT HE DIDNT TAKE A POLYGRAPH.. HMMMM

I'm guessing the one with more last names than a mexican on Wabash? I'm sorry I missed that performance!!
    Once again, an attempted cheap shot at a Sgt who has more class and knowledge than the cowards hiding behind their computers. If you feel this way tell it in open forum or does it go back to "COWARDS." To say she is one of the best or the best Sgt at LPD is an understatement. I know the responses (she's sleeping with this guy or he is sniffing around it or he is new, sorry thats not true) it is professional work environment, something you would not understand. Stay strong Sgt. real cops are in your corner.

Member LEO Affairs Detective
    "Cheap Shot"? yes. "Best Sgt at LPD"?
    You have got to be kidding.

So...where is the information on Staff Four?

NEW SGT

YEA , YOU HEARD RIGHT SHE IS ONE OF THE BEST SGT'S AT L.P.D. SHE LOOKS OUT FOR HER PEOPLE AND IS NOT AFRAID TO ASK A QUESTION OR TO STAND UP FOR HER PEOPLE. BET YOU ALL WISH YOU COULD WORK FOR SOMEBODY LIKE THAT

I'm guessing the one with more last names than a mexican on Wabash? I'm sorry I missed that performance!!
    Once again, an attempted cheap shot at a Sgt who has more class and knowledge than the cowards hiding behind their computers. If you feel this way tell it in open forum or does it go back to "COWARDS." To say she is one of the best or the best Sgt at LPD is an understatement. I know the responses (she's sleeping with this guy or he is sniffing around it or he is new, sorry thats not true) it is professional work environment, something you would not understand. Stay strong Sgt. real cops are in your corner.
    Takes a real cop to know one.

Re: NEW SGT

Quote Originally Posted by NORWAY
    YEA , YOU HEARD RIGHT SHE IS ONE OF THE BEST SGT'S AT L.P.D. SHE LOOKS OUT FOR HER PEOPLE AND IS NOT AFRAID TO ASK A QUESTION OR TO STAND UP FOR HER PEOPLE. BET YOU ALL WISH YOU COULD WORK FOR SOMEBODY LIKE THAT
    I guess, if you call getting in a shouting match with another Sgt. in front of the troops during briefing "standing up for your peeps". Reeks of inexperience & unprofessionalism to me. At any rate u appear to be a rookie and your opinion will be treated as such. Feel free to seek out any experienced officer, who is a cop and not a puppet, with a few years on and see what they think.

SGT COMMENTS

GUYS,

I'VE BEEN DOING THIS JOB FOR 20+ YRS. I HAVE WORKED FOR MANY SUPERVISORS BOTH AT LPD AND PCSO (POLK COUNTY S.O.). I WAS VERY HESITANT ABOUT THE SGT THAT YOU REFER TO IN YOUR POSTS AND HOW SHE WOULD DO. I FULLY EXPECTED HER TO FALL FLAT ON HER FACE AND I WOULD HAVE BEEN THE 1ST ONE THERE TO SAY "I TOLD YOU SO." I EVEN WENT TO HER THE 1ST ON OUR SHIFT AND TOLD HER THAT. I TOLD HER THAT I DID NOT HAVE MUCH CONFIDENCE IN HER ABILITY TO SUPERVISE. SHE LISTENED AND THEN SHOWED ME DIFFERENTLY.

UNFORTUANTELY I WAS PROOVED WRONG AND I HAD TO FACE THAT FACT. I HAVE NO SPECIAL REASON FOR SAYING THESE THINGS ONLY THAT ITS TRUE. I FOUND HER TO BE VERY COMPETENT AND SHE DOESN'T HAVE TO DEFEND HERSELF SHE JUST SHOWS UP FOR WORK AND THE EVIDENCE IS THERE. SHE IS ONE OF THE FEW SUPERVISORS WHO IS NOT AFRAID TO ASK A SENIOR OFFICER'S OPINION WHEN SOMETHING COMES BY THAT SHE HASN'T DEALT WITH YET. NO ONE CAN KNOW EVERYTHING. I STILL CALL MY FRIENDS IN CID AND SID ABOUT THINGS. DOES THIS MEAN THAT I CAN'T DO THE JOB? NO! I JUST WANT TO GET IT RIGHT AND SO DOES SHE.

I WILL WORK FOR HER ANY TIME ANY PLACE. THIS TOPIC IS REALLY NOT GOING TO CHANGE THE WORLD ANYWAY. LETS MOVE ON TO THINGS THAT ARE REALLY PROBLEMS AND TRY TO GET LPD BACK TO BEING THE NUMBER 1 DEPT AGAIN. OUR GRIPES ARE WITH UPPER MANAGEMENT AND THE CITY. CAN WE PLEASE STOP CHEAP SHOTS ON MIDDLE MANAGEMENT.

WETHER YOUR STATEMENTS ARE TRUE OR NOT (I HIGHLY DOUBT SO) MY JUDGEMENT RESTS ON CAN SHE DO THE JOB NOW! MY EXPERIENCE IS "YES" AND SHE DOES STAND UP FOR HER PEOPLE WHEN THE OTHER GUYS ARE TRYING TO CUT YOU IN THE BACK.

REMEMBER, YOU JUST MIGHT NEED A FRIEND ONE DAY.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast