Sumter county sheriff - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

P.D.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    P.D.
    Brooksville or further South?

further south, I'm not going to get datailed man. I'm just in a very bad agency.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    further south, I'm not going to get datailed man. I'm just in a very bad agency.
    Every dog has fleas, no matter where you go it's a matter of how little or many....

Good luck 2 ya and BSAFE

Sumter County

If you're coming north, you will most likely not fit in at the Citrus County Sheriff's Office. Sumter County is a better choice and is growing fast. It would be a good time to get on there. Don't overlook the smaller cities either. Some offer state retirement as well, including Wildwood. Talk to people who have are already working up here. You can learn alot if they are honest.

Sumter a better choice then Citrus?? That's funny, I don't care who you are!! LOL

Re: Sumter County

Quote Originally Posted by Guest234
    If you're coming north, you will most likely not fit in at the Citrus County Sheriff's Office. Sumter County is a better choice and is growing fast. It would be a good time to get on there. Don't overlook the smaller cities either. Some offer state retirement as well, including Wildwood. Talk to people who have are already working up here. You can learn alot if they are honest.
    BEST DAMN ADVISE is free they say, "Right out of the mouths of babes" no pun intended, and this adminstration mentality as well.......If your coming North you will "NOT FIT IN" thats a clue in this job folks and if you ain't figured it out by now; looking in the surrounding counties of Citrus is deifinitely NOT the answer either. Marion is micro-managed, Levy doesn't pay and who knows with Sumter???? Hernando is still transitioning so not really sure but still NOT the answer... Stay in Central FL or further South to keep your career afloat cause Citrus and others will only tarnish your image; do ride alongs, ask anyone NOT affilliated with stripes and above; speak with a troop who has worked elsewhere then at CCSO for more than a year. Most of those from other agencies with experience are here with retirement checks from elsewhere otherwise they have flown the coup already.....do your homework before coming to the sticks!!!

don't let these guys feed you full of crap. Sumter is an Amazing place to work. These guys are more than likely going off of stories they were told from years and years back. It is an amazing agency to work for, great equipment, great benefits. We have an amazing administration. Don't have to look behind your back all the time. The admin isnt going to do anything to hurt your career.

Quote Originally Posted by guest33
    don't let these guys feed you full of crap. Sumter is an Amazing place to work. These guys are more than likely going off of stories they were told from years and years back. It is an amazing agency to work for, great equipment, great benefits. We have an amazing administration. Don't have to look behind your back all the time. The admin isnt going to do anything to hurt your career.
    Well guest33 PLEASE tell us in detail not in readers digest format, how great is it? what is your starting salary? do you pay for lateral transfers with experience? is FTO accelerated for being seasoned? Do i have to wait for a take home car or is it issued upon completion of training? Can i live or take the car out of county? What superior weapons are you issued or do i have to get my own? What is your current patrol schedule in comparison to surrounding counties? Do you have MDT's or ticket writers? Does everyone in patrol have radars or lasers & tasers? Is there plenty of off-duty details and what do they pay compared to FHP or others? And the million dollar question$$$$ are you guys unionized?????

Just curious bro.......

starting pay is the only thing I can complain about. The starting pay is $33,000 but tons of oppurtunities for detail and OT. There is no pay for experience with another agency, but we do get good raises each year. WE have deputies on the road making over 60k a year. The FTO program is accellerated if you are experience and you recieve your car before you are even out of FTO. As of right now no take home car out of county, but it is rumored to change. We are issued glock 22's with tactical lights, a 12 guage, and a m14. Radars are available to everyone on patrol. We have MDT's but no ticket writers. we get $25 an hour for special detail. No we are not unionized because our Sheriff has been great to us so it isnt called for here.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast