Sumter county sheriff
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sumter county sheriff

Does anybody have any info on the Sumter SO, other than the basics on their site? How is morale, equipment, ect...?

How many openings does the Citrus SO have currently? I am certified with experience.

I would post it on their site if they had one, but figured some of you might of had some interaction with them since your next door. Thanks for the help!

Re: Sumter county sheriff

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Does anybody have any info on the Sumter SO, other than the basics on their site? How is morale, equipment, ect...?

How many openings does the Citrus SO have currently? I am certified with experience.

I would post it on their site if they had one, but figured some of you might of had some interaction with them since your next door. Thanks for the help!
    There is a reason you can't find info on them. If you read whats here on this forum it will give s slight clue of what you'll find in Sumnter. Where are you coming from that your considering a lateral or new hire here?

There is a very low starting salary, no union, lack of specialty units, limited growth potential, limited over time potential, lack of activity other than traffic; what are you considering of interest????

so you know something about them?? It would be a pay cut for me but the place I'm at is driving me nuts!

so you know something about them?? It would be a pay cut for me but the place I'm at is driving me nuts!
    Where u at?

Can't say man, too small of place I currently work at. Does Citrus have any openings?

Can't say man, too small of place I currently work at. Does Citrus have any openings?
    How long have you been on the job? Are you nearby in Levy or next door in Crystal River?

Neither one, been on 5 years. I'm to the south!

Neither one, been on 5 years. I'm to the south!
    If your South then things are either really bad or you don't get along well with others that your considering Sumter or Citrus as a lateral option. With a weak starting salary and no incentive for experience or unions and limited to no movement options or career advancements there's nothing to offer here is what I'm getting at.....

Cost of living isn't much better these days either; fuel is competitive with South FL and impact fees for building a new home are comprable as well.

Good Luck with your decision as they say its never greener on the other side......

Things are really bad.....

Things are really bad.....
    P.D. or S.O.????

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast