Guilty

Thread: Guilty

Guilty

I hope he rots for the next 60 years...

Jury Finds Barahona Guilty of Vehicular Homicide

POSTED: 11:56 am EDT September 24, 2007
    UPDATED: 11:19 pm EDT September 24, 2007

ORLANDO, Fla. -- Monday night an Orange County jury found Allan Barahona, 20, guilty of vehicular homicide and manslaughter.

The jury agreed with the prosecution that Barahona was responsible for Deputy Michael Callin's death on August 1, 2006.

Deputy Callin’s father said this past week as been hard on him and the entire family.

“The trial has been extremely difficult to relive the event. And still going through the loss of our son, it’s like it just occurred,” said Dave Callin.

But Barahona's mother called the verdict an injustice. "One day my son will get out because the truth is coming," said Maria Jones.

Prosecutors say Barahona was speeding on the Kirkman Road ramp onto Interstate 4 and refused an order Callin gave on the side of the road to pull over.

During closing arguments, prosecutor, Jeff Ashton said, “He took him by surprise, and slammed into him! And he’s dead.”

Barahona's lawyer said the defendant tried to slow down, but that the deputy stepped into his path after it was too late to stop.

"He swerved to his left, then right, then left. Michael Callin matched him. He tried his best to avoid Michael Callin," said defense attorney Tee Persad. "And under those circumstances, there was no way in hell to stop that car."

Ashton said Barahona never tried to slow down and that, instead, he hit the gas to scare Deputy Callin off the road.

"What police officer in his right mind would try to use his body to block a vehicle?" Ashton questioned.

Barahona could spend 60 years in prison.

Previous Stories:
    September 20, 2007: Murder Suspect Cries While Testifying During Own Trial
    September 19, 2007: Photos Shown At Trial Of Man Accused Of Killing Deputy
    September 18, 2007: Trial Begins For Driver Accused Of Running Over Deputy

I HAD THE DISPLEASURE OF HAVING TO WORK THE UNIT WHERE THIS PIECE CRAP WAS HOUSE AND I COULD TELL YOU THIS MUCH, 60 YEARS IS NOT ENUFF FOR A LIL' PIECE CRAP LIKE HIM. BUT AT LEAST HE WILL HAVE SOMETHING TO REMEMBER OC FOR THE NEXT 60 YEARS...LOL