A new low for the FDOT MCC. - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Stop Complaining!

Call the freaking permit office and get a permit! They are good for one year or shut your mouth and get your $1000.00 ticket. Everyone else that drives over width vehicle has to do this, farmers are NOT special like they may think.

FARMERS

I AGREE YANKEE...... FORGET ABOUT STOPPING DUMP TRUCKS AND LOG TRUCKS. JUST WRIGHT ONE-THOUSAND DOLLAR TICKETS TO FARMERS.

AND FOR THE RECORD, DOT DOES NOT WORK WRECKS NOR DO THEY TAKE ANY CALLS FOR SERVICE.

Re: A new low for the FDOT MCC.

Quote Originally Posted by AnewLow
    News-Flash-Chanel-3-News-6PM 9-24-07

A Florida DOT officer issued a local farmer in Jay / Santa Rosa county a 1,000.00 citation for overwidth. Yes, a local peanut farmer shows the ticket on channel 3 news at 6:00PM. He was traveling from one peanut field to another and was stopped while pulling his peanut harvester.

Great Job FDOT! Keep up the good work!

You guys should be very proud of yourselves.... You have officially reached a new low!

Maybe you guys should familiarize yourselves with F.S. 604.001. Common sense is the rule here.... and you don't have any!
    Read FS 316.515(5)(a)(b) An overwidth permit may be granted for up to 170", approx 14' wide. The load they are talking about is 19' wide, 204" wide.
    FYI, the typical lane of a road is 12' wide and a two way road is 25' wide. This leaves at best, 6' to pass in either direction. Sounds like a recipe for disaster.

Yo

Safe a life...... Arrest a Farmer !

Good Job Boys !

Re: FDOT

Quote Originally Posted by FlaVoter
    Word has it that the Legislature will address this issue in special session by restricting the FDOT's authority to enforce laws that relate only Commercial Motor Vehicles. The way it should be!
    Do you seriously not think a farm vehicle is commercial? Oh, you're right, I'm sure that farmer does all of that for free and has a completely different means of making money. Get with it, Farmers are commercial and need to be enforced the same as anyone. They already get countless exceptions to the rules. Anyone else is allowed only 8'6" in width, and can still be permitted beyond 12'. The way I see it, the farmer didn't his job in purchasing a permit that has a cost much less than $1,000. Besides the fact that a grand is pretty cheap as what the penalty should have been ($1,750, and $2,750 for any other person on the road). That $1,000 capped penalty doesn't look near as bad then. Oh yeah, I hope you don't plan on a law suit when the slam into a 19' wide piece of equipment.

Re: FDOT

Quote Originally Posted by mxwx51
    Quote Originally Posted by FlaVoter
    Word has it that the Legislature will address this issue in special session by restricting the FDOT's authority to enforce laws that relate only Commercial Motor Vehicles. The way it should be!
    Do you seriously not think a farm vehicle is commercial? Oh, you're right, I'm sure that farmer does all of that for free and has a completely different means of making money. Get with it, Farmers are commercial and need to be enforced the same as anyone. They already get countless exceptions to the rules. Anyone else is allowed only 8'6" in width, and can still be permitted beyond 12'. The way I see it, the farmer didn't his job in purchasing a permit that has a cost much less than $1,000. Besides the fact that a grand is pretty cheap as what the penalty should have been ($1,750, and $2,750 for any other person on the road). That $1,000 capped penalty doesn't look near as bad then. Oh yeah, I hope you don't plan on a law suit when the slam into a 19' wide piece of equipment.

The new low is merging with FHP

The merge has not become law yet. the House passed HB5067, Senate bill 920 doesn't even mention the merge.

If we don't merge, I won't have to get that $5000 pay raise that FHP is about to get. Didn't need it anyway :shock:

It is not up to the officer which law he wants to enforce, he is sworn to enforce them all, DOT officers are the only ones that can assess the correct penalty amount for over width/length/hieght/weight and has the equipment to do it. When your kids school bus runs off the road into the ditch because this huge tractor is taking up the entire road then lets hear the outcry "where was DOT", it has already happened and the citizens will continue to call in complaints because there are only 250 sworn DOT officers in the ENTIRE state, only about 140 actual patrol officers, the rest are sergeants and up that don't patrol every day, all day, if ever.

If 'regular' police are called to a complaint of a domestic/DUI/robery/burglary/running people off the road, do you think it would matter if it was a farmer "just trying to make a living"?

There is a permit process that enables oversized loads to be transported/driven on the roads, but it has provisions so it is done safely, I suppose this bunh that's complaining don't concern theirself with safety.

HAHAHA

Since your personnel can't exercise common sense with the enforcment of minor traffic laws, the 2008 legislature changed the traffic law relating to farm tractors.

This way farmers can continue to do their jobs without you stalking them.

Maybe you guys should stop a few truck drivers....... you know... semi trucks.

You whine about a pay raise...... you don't deserve one. A few of your personnel have no common sense.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast