Coming to Tenn - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Coming to Tenn

Westcoast below Tampa. Sold my house last year and am renting now because of how thing are.

I appied at both of those agencies and the are looked very nice. I moved here 17 years ogo when my dad got promoted with his job thinking it would be cool to live in Florida. I can't stand it and am ready to come back to the south.

info

Fla /Sgt,

Your choice to exit Fla is a wise one. Do you know where you want to live in Tenn ? If you give me a way to contact you I will and give you more nfo. Best of luck.

I am looking in Sullivan and Rutherford counties right now. I perfer middle/east Tn. I need to get hired first, so I am just applying and departments right now.

Re: Coming to Tenn

I am a police officer in south Florida and am looking to come to central or east Tennessee. I have looked at Cookeville PD but I just missed the testing date. I have looked into Anderson County and several others. Not many hiring right now. Does anyone have any leads on a good agency or even a good area to look into to keep an app on file. I am still young in my career, so I will have many years to remain working in this field.

Thanks in advance

I retired after 18 years with the Broward Sheriff's Office to take a posistion as a Deputy Chief with the Franklin Police Department. Franklin is a great area and a fine department, we are testing in October for new officers.
    Please refer to the City of Franklin web site.

Dave Rahinsky

http://www.franklin-gov.com/police/operations.aspx

Thanks for the information on Franklin. The web site was informative. Does Franklin have a ride along program? I will be coming to the area soon and was looking to possibly do a ride along.
    Thanks,
    Brad

We do have a ride along, feel free to call the Department and ask for me (Deputy Chief Rahinsky).
    We plan on hiring 8 in October.

I will be retiring in approx 5 years from Davie and will be way too young to stop working. Can anyone advise what the process is in becoming a LEO for a county or municipality. Is the academy a requirement or do they have a comparative compliance process? Also what is the pay and benefits like. I'm sure they are nowhere near those of South Florida. I will be moving to the Cumberland Lakes/Cove area. Any help would be appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by davie 634
    I will be retiring in approx 5 years from Davie and will be way too young to stop working. Can anyone advise what the process is in becoming a LEO for a county or municipality. Is the academy a requirement or do they have a comparative compliance process? Also what is the pay and benefits like. I'm sure they are nowhere near those of South Florida. I will be moving to the Cumberland Lakes/Cove area. Any help would be appreciated.
    I too came from S. Florida (North Palm Beach PD). I work for Cookeville PD. As of right now (probably soon to change) if you are a certified FL officer, you only need to "challenge" the Tennessee POST exam. In order to do this, you must be employed by an agency who will send you to take the exam in Nashville. This exam is no joke. It was very hard and 80% of out of state officers fail it the first time. You get 2 chances, after that you have to go to an academy.

Benefits for city municipalities are far better than Sheriffs departments. I started in White County S.O. where there is NO benefits, no even medical ins. If your moving to the Cumberland Cove area which I believe is Cumberland County, The S.O. or city doesn't really pay....25,000 maybe 30. Cookeville has a lateral where pay commences with experience. Cookeville is a good agency to work for. They post hiring in the Herald Citizen paper. You apply, they notify you of a physical agility testing date, if you pass you get an interview. If you make it after the interview they send you a monster application to fill out. If you pass the background your hired. No polygraphs or CVSA's.....

My family and I have been talking about leaving this God forsaken state of FL and moving to TN. Can anyone give me any good areas in TN to move to? And any agencies that are hiring. I do have a BA degree in Criminology and many certifications to include Traffic Investigations, Gang task force, IPMBA, and Drug Recognition Expert (DRE) to name a few. Currently a Sgt with a Federal Agency but would rather just work with a city as a patrol officer or narcotics K-9 officer. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234