Coming to Tenn
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Coming to Tenn

Coming to Tenn

Is cookeville near jefferson county, Dandridge, and are you hiring .

Cookeville is not really anywhere near Dandridge or Jefferson County.

Cookeville is just east of Nashville. Dandridge and Jefferson County are east of Knoxville.

Cookeville and Dandridge are probably about 3.5 to 4 hours apart by car.

Dude, buy a map or look on mapquest.

I am looking for a new place to live and was told that some retired Miami cops are living there. Do you all know a sherrif or cop named Gus Clemente?
    I also would like to know about any part time jobs available?
    I want to move the hell out of south florida and with my pension and a small paying job should be okay.
    How is the housing? Any state taxes or other homestead taxes? Thank u...

Gus Clemente

I am a retired cop from Broward, and I live in Cookeville, Gus lives near me, and he is the Chief Deputy (2nd in command) for the White County Sheriff's Office in Sparta (about 15 mins S of Cookeville)

There are many retired cops living in this area. Many from Miami Dade, and other places throughout Florida, NY, LA and other places as well

Cop jobs up here are available, however, the pay is VERY low. Try 12-14 dollars an hour! If you really want to work, find something else!

forgot to answer your questions about costs.

real estate taxes - VERY low big house, land - 1500 annually
    Homeowners insurance - 900 annually
    car insurance - 50% of what I was paying in FL
    electric - 5000sf home - 200 a month to cool in the Summer months - 225 to heat in the Winter

sales tax HIGH 9.25%
    NO state Income tax like FL
    annual car registration - 25.00

good luck!

Which dept are you from in Broward?

BSO 25 years

Tennessee

Over the past four months I have been looking for my retirement home in Tennessee and North Carolina. I drove to Tennessee the first visit and it was a long trip, the second trip I discovered an airline called Alegent Air and for $49 one way fare, I landed in Knoxville. Well worth the money. Alegent Air is based in Ft. Lauderdale and flies back and forth to Tennessee every three days. You can arrange a rental car through them also. The total cost of my trip which includes air fare, car rental and hotel for three days was $400.00.

I just retired from Aventura Police Department and I am still looking to work another 5 to 7 years somewhere. Hope this helps you out.

jobs

To Ofc Bob,

Like you I spent over a year looking for somewhere to live in Tennessee which I found. I recently took a job there as well and hope I can help you out some.

I worked in Dade County for 26 years know severl al NMB cops that went to Aventura when it tokk it over from the district 6. Let me know how to contact you if you like. Good luck.

I've been in Middle Tennessee for three years having retired from an agency in South Florida. Unlike the other posters, I have no desire to return to police work up here. The pay is terrible! I mean unbelievably terrible. These guys up here have lousy pay and benefits, and no Union representation. Not worth strapping a gun on again in my opinion. Plenty of other jobs for retired LEOs, you just have to be patient and look for them.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast