We Need a New Sheriff Because of the High Crime Rate!!
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

We Need a New Sheriff Because of the High Crime Rate!!

As a citizen of Manatee County, I am fed up with the ever increasing crime rate in this county. I truly hope that the citizens show their disgust by electing a Sheriff that can combat crime with new innovative ways that truly produce results. The problem with MSO is that Sheriff Wells was there so long the agency is just stagnant. Just look at the Command Staff and new Sheriff, they are all old and burned out. Steube is so arrogant now that he gets to be in command. He will be his own worst enemy. The guy only has an Associates degree, he tries to counter his poor education by constantly being on a power trip. I mean come on you have CPS Investigators with more education. I will be voting for anyone else except Steube, we need someone that can produce RESULTS AND LOWER THE CRIME RATE.

Steube is a reflection of county demographics: blue collar, under-educated.

Re: We Need a New Sheriff Because of the High Crime Rate!!

Quote Originally Posted by Concerned Individual
    As a citizen of Manatee County, I am fed up with the ever increasing crime rate in this county. I truly hope that the citizens show their disgust by electing a Sheriff that can combat crime with new innovative ways that truly produce results. The problem with MSO is that Sheriff Wells was there so long the agency is just stagnant. Just look at the Command Staff and new Sheriff, they are all old and burned out. Steube is so arrogant now that he gets to be in command. He will be his own worst enemy. The guy only has an Associates degree, he tries to counter his poor education by constantly being on a power trip. I mean come on you have CPS Investigators with more education. I will be voting for anyone else except Steube, we need someone that can produce RESULTS AND LOWER THE CRIME RATE.
    The top handfull are there just for eyecandy. They are good at politics. The rest of us who are out there every night and day are what makes this agency go. With the exception of a few bad apples most other deputies put their heart and soul into this job. We have been making arrests for serious crimes every day but everytime we put one in jail, 2 more take their place. This is the shithole that we live in (bradenton) and it does not help that the judicial system is a joke. The crime rate will keep on going up with more people moving to Manatee county and with less discipline at home. So to the concerned citizens of Manatee county, instead of bashing the sheriff's office on a daily basis, why not look into getting some new judges and a new SAO who has some balls to prosecute and lock away the shitheads of this county.

Well said. We can arrest all we want but the SA doesn't prosecute and even if they do, judges don't sentence harshly enough.

would be challenger?

Quote Originally Posted by Mirror Image
    Steube is a reflection of county demographics: blue collar, under-educated.
    Unless someone steps up, he has the money and Wells' cronies to support him. Manatee is not a good old boy county anymore, we need a leader who truly reflects the new county image. Also, one that can lead with new ideas and not feel threatened by people that have more talent and education than he does. Stuebe is a scared in the nox thinker as is Hagaman. It will only get worse if we don't really have a good opposing candidate. The day to day people that work in the agency are good, dedicated people who need a real leader. One who leads by example and delegation, not intimidation and threats.

meant "in the box" thinker. He cannot see any way but the old way.

Why does everyone always blame the Sheriff's Office for the problems in the county. When are the citizens of Manatee County going to open their eyes and see that the real problem is EARL MORELAND.
    Law Enforcement does their job day in and day out putting the cr4iminals in jail only to have the State Attroney plead it down to a lesser charge, drop the case all together, or ask for a light sentence all so they won't have to take it to trial.
    Instead of voting for someone else as Sheriff I suggest you look for someone to replace the real cause of the ever increasing crime rate EARL MORELAND

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Why does everyone always blame the Sheriff's Office for the problems in the county. When are the citizens of Manatee County going to open their eyes and see that the real problem is EARL MORELAND.
    Law Enforcement does their job day in and day out putting the cr4iminals in jail only to have the State Attroney plead it down to a lesser charge, drop the case all together, or ask for a light sentence all so they won't have to take it to trial.
    Instead of voting for someone else as Sheriff I suggest you look for someone to replace the real cause of the ever increasing crime rate EARL MORELAND
    Thankyou, someone finally noticed the real problem. As for the crime in this County, open your eyes, it is all over the US. MSO is holding its own. Yesterday MSO went from an unknown suspect who tried to rape someone in her own home to making a good arrest. Everyone out there did a great job putting the pieces together.

I am a part of MSO and proud of it.

moreland

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    just from a past incident,Moreland filed charges on someone and after finding out it was a friend of his he canceled those charges. that person told me this ,so this good oh boy system is still around.

Sheriff Steube's Obligation and Wells before him

Keeping Moreland's feet to the fire, making sure the penalties were enhanced [gang, elderly, etc] and following thru to insist the SAO do their jobs when MSO makes their cases. Earl Moreland would not think he could get away with it if the Sheriffs had exerted pressure instead of currying political favor. Pa attention voters.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast