Certified LEO Board Poll - Page 3

Poll: Would you be interested in a Private Message Board for Certified Law Enforcement Officers Only and g

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

i vote yes, but i am also skeptical of the verification process...

would you verify through a photocopy of my employee ID card?

didnt hillsborough county try to obtain the identities of the posters here a while back?

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    If it were still 100% anonymous Id be for it. It would keep the idiot hippy trolls off the site.
    • The main website will remain the same, to include your department's website.
      [/*:m:tjv5p3jw]
    • The "restricted area" would be a separate room that can only be accessed by sworn officers, after their sworn (or retired) status is verified. The LEOs who are granted access inside the "restricted area" would remain anonymous, unless they choose to identify themselves openly or to each other or via PM. Only the site owners (Chip & Jim) and Mods 1 & 2 would have access to the identify of the posters, along with their IPs (just like it is right now). No other mods would have access to identities or IPs.
      [/*:m:tjv5p3jw]
    • All the other boards at LEOAffairs.com will remain open to everyone.[/*:m:tjv5p3jw]

yes

im game.

Administrator LEO Affairs Chief MOD 1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by podhack
    i vote yes, but i am also skeptical of the verification process...

would you verify through a photocopy of my employee ID card?

didnt hillsborough county try to obtain the identities of the posters here a while back?
    The verification is fairly simple. We wanted something that wouldn't leave a trail. Emails are out, because emails leave a trail. If I or one of my other moderators did not know that you were certified law enforcement officer then we would do the verification process.

If not a registered user, the user would register, which is anonymous. Then you would Private Message me, with your name, agency, and agency phone number. Me being the anonymous person that I am, would then < verification process edited out by Mod 2 > Once this is done, you are then upgraded to the verified status, the Private Message is deleted and their is no record of any of the information.

It's simple, discreet, non-intrusive, and there's no trail.

Yes, Sheriff Gee did try to get IP addresses, but lost in the 2nd DCA. So, we have case law in our favor. Plus, this area will be a private area, there will be no public access. There will be no Media and no public allowed. Anyone caught sharing their User ID and Passwords with others, will face being banned from the Private Area, which will be much easier than just banning the IP address.

Mod 1
    Mod 1

http://WWW.LEOAFFAIRS.COM

Terms Of Use

The real reason that we can't have the Ten Commandments posted in a
    courthouse is this: You cannot post "Thou Shalt Not Steal," "Thou Shalt
    Not Commit Adultery," and "Thou Shall Not Lie" in a building full of
    lawyers, judges and politicians...It creates a hostile work environment.

SINCE JAVI SAID YES I'LL GO ALONG WITH IT!

Yes. That way at least the people who like to slam other deputies by using their name would only be able to do it in front of other deputies and not the whole world. Sounds like a fair middle ground.

Thanks Mod1.

poll question

Would retired officers be allowed to register?

Administrator LEO Affairs Chief MOD 1's Avatar

Re: poll question

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Would retired officers be allowed to register?
    Yes, as long as I can verify your retired status with the agency.

Mod 1
    Mod 1

http://WWW.LEOAFFAIRS.COM

Terms Of Use

The real reason that we can't have the Ten Commandments posted in a
    courthouse is this: You cannot post "Thou Shalt Not Steal," "Thou Shalt
    Not Commit Adultery," and "Thou Shall Not Lie" in a building full of
    lawyers, judges and politicians...It creates a hostile work environment.

cancel my question about retirees

I had not read all the post before I asked the question about retirees.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast